Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Clockwork: A Fantasy Steampunk RTD | Turn 4  (Read 5664 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork: A Fantasy Steampunk RTD
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 06:14:36 pm »

Turn 0

You slowly open your eyes and groan as you feel a sharp pain on your head. You were just traveling along to the city of Falcon Reach and a group of outlaws attacked the caravan you weretraveling with, the large group of them pointed their guns at you and you had no choice but to comply with their orders. Unfortunately a few of the outlaws get a bit too enthusiastic, and knocked you unconcious.

Your currently tied up unfortunately, you try to struggle against the bonds but they're too well tied to break. Occasionally one of the outlaws can be seen in the distance patrolling, and you assume the main part of the group is somewhere else.

Around you are the other tied up captives, your equipment is nowhere in sight and you doubt it would be wise to make a run for it. The guns those outlaws are using looked rather sophisticated, and are somewhat out of place in a group of outlaws...

Spoiler: Micleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tesr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Adwarf (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork: A Fantasy Steampunk RTD | Turn 0
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 06:22:28 pm »

"Not again...", Indreyn whispered.

She looked around and saw a strange dwarf, some city-dwelling fool like herself, and a gnome. Great...Well perhaps talking would work.

"May I ask, what your demands are?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:29:33 pm »

Look around anything that might tell where you are, a map or something, and remain quiet.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 10:55:37 pm »

"Be calm. We have not been killed yet, and therefore it is not likely they intend to kill us within any temporal proximity." Kagrenac said calmly, attempting to find a comfortable position within his bounds.
"Torture, horrific punishment, and intolerable agony will indubitably proceed death at this point should our untimely demise prove to be the motivation behind our most unseemly capture." He added as he finally found a spot with less than five lumps of stone sticking into his back.

Rest now, strength will be needed when the time comes.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 03:40:31 pm »

"Well that sounds wonderful ...."

Look around, and search for anything nearby that may be useful as a weapon, or something similar.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 03:44:47 pm »

"Your not very cheery for a dwarf...I'd say your just an elf with a beard." Indreyn said.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 04:01:18 pm »

"Considering the source that's practically a compliment, but it does raise an interesting question of a metaphysical nature..." Kagrenac mused from behind closed eyes as he attempted to doze off. "Is a dwarf a dwarf by birth, by blood, by spirit, by action, or by appearance?" He smiled sleepily as his mind began to grapple with the concept. "If it is in the nature of our creation that we are defined then are we no better than stones; made once and then set to lie on the soil until time and element wear us down? But if this is not so and the basest nature of what we are comes from a destiny shaped and created by the hands of its own bearer then are we not all of a piece and the same; each mind and each soul shaped by a thousand thousands of impulses and memories that have come to us, father to son and mother to daughter?"

He cracked an eye slightly and looked sideways at the elf with a twinkle of a smile. "Or more simply, in deference to those who are not older than the cave in which we lie, how can you know that you aren't a dwarf with a shave?" Kagrenac closed his eyes again to rest, still tumbling over the intriguing concept that the elf had brought up. "Just food for thought."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:03:01 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »

She smiled, "You remind me of my uncle...always philosophising. Uncanny, really. But um, thanks..." Indreyn personally thought her uncle was a nutcase. But best not tell this "dwarf" here about that...She turned back to her captors and waited.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:14:19 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »

Turn 1

Micleus
"Not again...", Indreyn whispered.

She looked around and saw a strange dwarf, some city-dwelling fool like herself, and a gnome. Great...Well perhaps talking would work.

"May I ask, what your demands are?"
[3] You ask a nearby bandit if they have any demands, the human bandit just grins back at you and say's "Listen 'ere little elf. Your not in a position to be askin' the questions. Now shut it or i'll knock ya out again.

Tesr
Look around anything that might tell where you are, a map or something, and remain quiet.
[6] You manage to turn your head around a bit and you see more and more tree's behind you. The tree's look...oddly familiar, perhaps you've read about them somewhere? [5] Wait you know, they're the Red Bark tree's located exclusively in the forests around Falcon Reach or was it Falcon Hold? You can't honestly remember...

Draignean
"Be calm. We have not been killed yet, and therefore it is not likely they intend to kill us within any temporal proximity." Kagrenac said calmly, attempting to find a comfortable position within his bounds.
"Torture, horrific punishment, and intolerable agony will indubitably proceed death at this point should our untimely demise prove to be the motivation behind our most unseemly capture." He added as he finally found a spot with less than five lumps of stone sticking into his back.

Rest now, strength will be needed when the time comes.
[3] You decide to rest for the time being, and nothing very eventful happens. The bandits are moving around in a seemingly random pattern, and you fail to notice anything useful.

Adwarf
"Well that sounds wonderful ...."

Look around, and search for anything nearby that may be useful as a weapon, or something similar.
[1] You try to slip out of your binds, but to no avail. A nearby bandit spots what your doing and walks over to you and gives you a swift kick to the side. "Listen here Gnome, don't try to escape or we'll shoot you down as soon as you get up.", he then walks away.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork: A Fantasy Steampunk RTD | Turn 1
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 04:31:00 pm »

"Not very nice now are they ..." Xavier said as he turned, and gave the rest of the group a broad grin.

Watch the guards they always have a pattern maybe it will appear if I focus.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 04:40:30 pm »

Not stupid. Or at least not very stupid...That wasn't good. the "dwarf" had gone to sleep-again very much like her uncle- and the gnome had got himself into trouble. An elf gotta do what an elf gotta do...

"Knock me out, did you? I'd have a hard time believing that, more like you tried to but your arms are so weak that you had to call mother! Your mother knocked me out, didn't she? Your too scrawny to even try beating me!"

Provoke bandit into attacking. If he does, bite/headbutt him when he comes near...If that makes sense.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:51:19 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 05:25:15 pm »

"If it makes you guys feel better, I think I know where we are," whispers Eric "the forest around Falcon Reach... or Hold... can never remember."

Look at the guards and try to find anything... consistent, like a hairstyle, speech style, race, or an insignia on their outfits, that might help determine who kidnapped us.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 05:48:17 pm »

Kagrenac groaned mentally as the elf attempted to bait the guard, poor girl, she might not have much in the way of tact or intelligent conversation, but she had fire in her soul. Kagrenac rolled a bit, still pretending to sleep. She obviously intended a confrontation, if she failed things would become worse, possibly much worse.

Best that she didn't fail then.

Prepare to surprise kick the guard in the side of the knee with both feet IF (and only if) the Elf's plan succeeds in getting him over here and making him angry.
---

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 06:56:22 pm »

Turn 2
Adwarf
"Not very nice now are they ..." Xavier said as he turned, and gave the rest of the group a broad grin.

Watch the guards they always have a pattern maybe it will appear if I focus.
[1] Either the pattern is one used by highly trained army officials, or it's completely random. Both are bad for you in this case, considering a random pattern will mean you can't really determine when someone is going to come by and considering that there seems to be a large amount of outlaws, it may be difficult to escape...

Micelus
Not stupid. Or at least not very stupid...That wasn't good. the "dwarf" had gone to sleep-again very much like her uncle- and the gnome had got himself into trouble. An elf gotta do what an elf gotta do...

"Knock me out, did you? I'd have a hard time believing that, more like you tried to but your arms are so weak that you had to call mother! Your mother knocked me out, didn't she? Your too scrawny to even try beating me!"

Provoke bandit into attacking. If he does, bite/headbutt him when he comes near...If that makes sense.

[6] You yell out to the bandit a few insults, luckily for you he seems short of temper. The bandit yell's at you "Oh you little...that's it I'm going to beat the livin' hell outta yah!" he then rushes forward towards you, and you prepare to kick him in the groin. [1] You clumsily attempt to kick him but you completely miss! It seem's like that wasn't a very good plan after all, that is until the dwarf next to you delivers a strong kick to the bandits legs and he falls over clutching his knee's.

Draignean

Kagrenac groaned mentally as the elf attempted to bait the guard, poor girl, she might not have much in the way of tact or intelligent conversation, but she had fire in her soul. Kagrenac rolled a bit, still pretending to sleep. She obviously intended a confrontation, if she failed things would become worse, possibly much worse.

Best that she didn't fail then.

Prepare to surprise kick the guard in the side of the knee with both feet IF (and only if) the Elf's plan succeeds in getting him over here and making him angry.
[5] The guard yell's out a few insults towards the elf and walks over to her, she does a pathetic attempt to kick him but completely misses. Look's like you'll need to step in, you deliver a powerful two foot kick to the bandits knee's and he trips and falls over holding his knee in pain.

Tersr
"If it makes you guys feel better, I think I know where we are," whispers Eric "the forest around Falcon Reach... or Hold... can never remember."

Look at the guards and try to find anything... consistent, like a hairstyle, speech style, race, or an insignia on their outfits, that might help determine who kidnapped us.
[4] You notice that they're all mostly human, a few orcs here and there. They don't seem that intelligent either, due to the way they talk you can tell they must be from the southern human nations.

Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork: A Fantasy Steampunk RTD | Turn 2
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 07:04:13 pm »

Kick him in the head repeatedly for good measure.

"Hey Elf, see if you can get his weapons off of him will ya." Xavier replied all the while kicking the outlaw, and smiling
Pages: 1 [2] 3