Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After the comm is repaired then?

No timejump( just 5 turns(in which nothing really happens) until you get into Mars orbit)
- 5 (31.3%)
Minor timejump(Mars orbit immeadiatelly
- 7 (43.8%)
MEdium timejump( You're on Mars)
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Mars Base RTD Turn:5  (Read 20656 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Mars Base RTD Turn:5
« on: November 28, 2011, 01:26:45 pm »

First time I try something like this, so expect errors on my part.

PLot:
 7 intelligent beings have been sent to Mars, accompagnied by high-tech equipment. The whole base is under control of an Artificial Intelligence.You're are here for scientific research.

Profile:
Example:
Name:
Nation(optional):
Traits(2positive,1 negative)
Bio:
Appearance:
Role:(commander,pilot,engineer,medic,stuff like that)
Secret agenda: Don't tell this. Just PM. You don't need one but it allows you to smuggle stuff onboard.(Weapons are officially not allowed)

I'll try to adhere to the laws of physics, so no magic.

Starting position:
Mars Lander ship:Prometheus: 1 week away from Mars(We're in the prologue now, with the ship in Earth orbit)
The Mars Lander is a state of the art science vessel and is equiped with the newest technologies. Most of the equipment is however, untested and might prove unreliable. Don't worry, spare parts have been provided. In order to ensure maximal adaptation to the Mars surface, an artificial gravity of 0,376 g is generated by rotating the ship around it's own axis. Magnetic radiation shielding and advanced lifesupport systems, controlled by an intelligent and benevolent AI, ensure prolonged survival in space.

Location: Inside GSO orbital dock 2( the orbital dock is basically a presurized metal balloon)
Gravity: None
Lifesupport: ONLINE
Radiation shielding:ONLINE
Power generator: ONLINE
Communication array: ONLINE
Damage: None
  • The MCS
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Contents:
MCV Prometheus stocks

Chain of command:
-A.I
-Mission commander

PLayers

Timeline
The priorities and restrictions of the Ai are determined by community voting

Notify me of anything i may have missed.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:33:09 am by 10ebbor10 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 01:38:25 pm »

Name: Hilda Glockenspiel
Nation: United States of Belgium
Traits: (Rollover for details) Natural Born Cheerleader, Medical MacGyver, Blood Rage
Bio: Hilda has always nearly been an overachiever - from second best cheerleader at school to second best student at med school all the way to becoming the second Belgian in space. She's a lithe and healthy looking young woman, with eye catching blonde hair and a snazzy red skintight spacesuit. She's always superkeen, and proud to be a Belgian.
Appearance: 176 cm, slim, eye catching blonde hair and a vivacious smile. Carries a large pack of surgical gloves, a sterilised multitool and some insulation tape, as well as strong painkillers.
Role: Medic.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:13:48 pm by lawastooshort »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 01:51:49 pm »

I'd like to be in as the medic, but can't do a sheet for a couple of hours, if that's ok.
You can just edit it in when you're ready.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 01:53:09 pm »

Name: Nathaniel Hoke
Nation: Born in Space, ZG.
Traits: (Rollover for details) ZG Tolerant,Perfect Reflexes, ZG Atrophy
Bio: Living on an old commercial orbital Nathaniel was an unruly child and a member of the station's ZG kid gang, the Cliff Swallows. Acrobatic in the station's gravity devoid main bays it was only after his 16 birthday -and enrollment into the Pilot's academy- that he realized what full G was. Nathaniel subsequently spent three years of his life undergoing painful procedures to be able to withstand the 50%EG required for military pilots.
He didn't make the cut.
Taking a few commercial jobs here and there Nathaniel has enjoyed a reputation as a crack pilot for specialty runs, particularly on Zero or partial G runs. Six months after his 27th birthday Nathaniel has been hired onto the Mars expedition, the ship's gravity still gives him trouble but thanks to his military training regimen he can usually manage to get around if he doesn't hurry.
Appearance: 4'11, self-cut brown hair, very lightly built, blue eyes, usually wears padded clothing.
Role: Pilot
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:29:57 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 01:55:41 pm »

Reserving the commander spot, will have the sheet up soon.

EDIT:
Profile:
Name: Sami Taiya
Nation: Australian
Traits:
+ Prodigy: Learns quite fast.
+ Tough: Is fairly resistant to being wounded
- Stubborn: Guess :P

Bio: A 28 year old former Australian SAS Officer, Sami has a pretty large list of previous combat experience in and out of earth's atmosphere. She was discharged after a few disagreements with a superior officer...
Appearance: 182 cms, Wiry physique, green eyes and blond hair
Role: Commander
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:30:02 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 01:58:39 pm »

Reserving a spot for Dave1004 if he wants it, if not I'll take it.

*sob* you're...a beautiful person. But I digress, you may have it. Thanks for thinking of me though! I'm slightly overwhelmed with entering three different RTD's for the first time...

You are an awesome person though! :D. But seriously, you enjoy it. I appreciate the thought!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 01:59:51 pm »

*sob* you're...a beautiful person. But I digress, you may have it. Thanks for thinking of me though! I'm slightly overwhelmed with entering three different RTD's for the first time...

You are an awesome person though! :D. But seriously, you enjoy it. I appreciate the thought!
Bah, no Hal9000 quotes for me

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 02:02:44 pm »

Dont mention it, I couldn't remember if you were in anything yet.

Bah, no Hal9000 quotes for me

I'm sorry Ebbor, I'm afraid you can't make those quotes.

Editting my sheet in shortly, pilot.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 02:48:18 pm »

Stop ignoring this post:

Some questions for the crew:
-Ship name?
-Mission name?
-Favourite landing spot?
-A.I. name?

Also I might expand on the backstory  a bit later: Situation on earth and stuff.  Don't worry about your bios and stuff, I'll write around it.
Anyway, I feel like I should at least give a date . The mission was launched in 2050. As for the situation on earth and surroundings: everything is fine, trust me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:53:31 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 03:09:25 pm »

I shall play... if I can be the AI.

Name: OpenGPAI 10.2.4 (But you can call me Schil.)
Nation(optional): Sourceforge.net
Traits Computer Brain Engineering Database A.I. Limitations
Bio: The OpenGPAI project started about fifteen years ago, and has been going strong since. This particular copy calls himself Schilcote, after his favorite RTD GM. It is very humanlike, almost to a fault, and is suitable for just about any application.
Appearance: Represented by a stylized computer with a face for a screen, similar to the old Happy Mac icon.
Role: Artificial Intelligence
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:22:57 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 03:11:12 pm »

Taric is already commander, it's not like we can be anymore screwed.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 03:14:18 pm »

Well, we could be a lot more screwed if someone played as the AI.

As for landing site, maybe near the mariner valley?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 03:16:55 pm »

I was actually planned to have the Ai be community controlled.
It 'll be a pretty boring character to play as it doesn't move and such, It just sits at the base and stays there.
No reason why you can't be an advanced android, robot of some sorts.
The Mars mission was a joint operation by all the nations of the earth(+-) and also functions as a test for many new pieces of technology.
Furthermore , players might influence the Ai and have their own secret agenda. Just PM me before you blow up the entire ship.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »

I was actually planned to have the Ai be community controlled.
It 'll be a pretty boring character to play as it doesn't move and such, It just sits at the base and stays there.
No reason why you can't be an advanced android, robot of some sorts.
The Mars mission was a joint operation by all the nations of the earth(+-) and also functions as a test for many new pieces of technology.
Furthermore , players might influence the Ai and have their own secret agenda. Just PM me before you blow up the entire ship.

OIC. Lemme write up another thingy then... (Though I'm sure I could find a way to have fun being the AI.)

Name: OpenGPAI 10.2.4 (But you can call me Schil.)
Nation(optional): Sourceforge.net
Traits Computer Brain Super Sensors Mechanical Body
Bio: The OpenGPAI project started about fifteen years ago, and has been going strong since. This particular copy calls himself Schilcote, after his favorite RTD GM. It is very humanlike, almost to a fault, and is suitable for just about any application. He has been uploaded into a half-ton, six-wheeled armored chassis, loaded with just about every type of sensor you can imagine. It also has two retractable manipulators, which are about as strong dexterous as a human arm and hand.
Appearance: About the size of a Great Dane, rectangular with rounded corners, with three metal wheels on each side and two headlights on the front. A small panel on each side opens up to let the manipulator arms out.
Role: Awesome Robot Dude
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:45:39 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 03:31:28 pm »

Stop ignoring this post:

Some questions for the crew:
-Ship name: Lux et Veritas
-Mission name: Classified Action: 75R
-Favourite landing spot:  That's classified.
-A.I:  Eddie, as read from the HGTTG

Also I might expand on the backstory  a bit later: Situation on earth and stuff.  Don't worry about your bios and stuff, I'll write around it.
Anyway, I feel like I should at least give a date . The mission was launched in 2050. As for the situation on earth and surroundings: everything is fine, trust me.
---
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12