Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: More Ghost Science!  (Read 31111 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: More Ghost Science!
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2011, 11:36:57 am »

If silver does have effects on ghosts then could we make silver cells for them to make a safe ghost museum?
Ghoskuta!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2011, 01:50:04 pm »

If silver does have effects on ghosts then could we make silver cells for them to make a safe ghost museum?
Ghoskuta!
Totally calling it right now it will totally be weaponized.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2011, 09:25:08 am »

4 Sandstone 7 Chirpacted II

It has been determined that Subject 6 may as well suffer and has been denied water and food while her pets are slaughtered, compounding the situation while in testing she suffered a miscarriage which while offering leverage to break 6 denies us an opportunity to observe a ghostly baby without a mother. This plan was temporarily scrapped to see how a ghost would react to a cave collapse. When the lever was pulled subject 6 had just moved out of the way but the late Subject 1 did not. The resulting collapse threw up debris which knocked Sherriff Medtob into the pit with 6 and knocked the spectre Subject 1 to go flying landing on the walkway above the test pits. No plans have been made to rescue Medtob he will witness 7's death but will not be it's cause He proceded to go down one Z level and stand directly inside of a wall adjacent to Subjectthis will act as further data on the relationship of proximity to the victim and the ghosts behavior. Subject 7 has finally gone stark raving mad after failing to complete his masterpiece, he remains locked in the workshop while we wait for his death . More as it follows

My computer couldn't run DF for more than a few minutes without crashing on me, new hardware means ghost science continues.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2011, 06:12:52 pm »

Postin to watch

:D

I <3 Murder

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2011, 07:18:21 pm »

Postin to watch

:D

I <3 Murder
This isn't murder ... it is !!science!! of questionable ethics. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2011, 01:05:59 am »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:50 am »

23 Sandstone 7

Subject 8 has been chosen, a new fish dissector was placed in a chamber and killed without ceremony or careful consideration. Researchers say it was to develop a broader subject sample for neutral ghosts, I have the sneaking suspicion the were bored. The Sheriff and Subject 7 find themselves at odds. Subject 7 frequently throws tantrums and strikes at the Sheriff who being a much better fighter thoroughly thrashes her and then being the Sheriff beats her for starting a fight. Subject 7 responds to the beating by throwing a tantrum and attacking the Sherrif starting the cycle again. Subject 6 is near death now, we expect him to join the dead by the end of the week. Subject 3 still hasn't moved from the spot he died.

Secondary Test: Subject 2-1 has taken an interesting turn. He was the first individual, selected for the sleep tests. He reports being awoken by noise, the room 95 urists away was not sufficient to allow him to ignore the wailing. Subject 2-2 has been selected and will be assigned a room 155 Urists away instead of the 40 Urist room if he reports sleep loss this will be conclusive evidence that a Ghost Museum populated by Howling Ghosts will inevitably have sleeping troubles.

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2011, 05:05:24 pm »

In the future, what are you planning to investigate as far as death methods?

Starvation, Atom-smashing, magma could all be interesting, and useful.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2011, 05:53:18 pm »

Right now I have atom smashing and collapse lumped together as "instantaneous accidental death" and starvation and dehydration grouped under "malnutrition" I've looked into death by dwarf and plan to explore death by animal as well.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2011, 07:33:15 pm »

Right now I have atom smashing and collapse lumped together as "instantaneous accidental death" and starvation and dehydration grouped under "malnutrition" I've looked into death by dwarf and plan to explore death by animal as well.
If you can, lock a subject into a room with a giant badger. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2012, 12:03:01 pm »

10 Timber 7
Subject 7 became stark raving mad and was exectued, the Sherrif became friends with her so the test has unfortunately been contaminated. There will be no way to tell what behavior is caused by Medtob witnessing the death and what is due to their relationship. Subject 8 has been chosen, a gem cutter entered a secretive mood and has been sealed inside the jewlers workshop. Subject 6 has died of thirst. Secondary Test One is nearing completion, 2-2 was scrapped. The subject slept in an empty room and the results were irrepairably damaged. Subject 2-3 has been assigned the far off room if the subject is still awoken by noise it's very unlikely a fortress could be built around the museum proper but one final test will be conducte with a room as deep and far as logically possible to see if it is ever by any stretch of the imagination possible to create a ghost museum without detriment to a fortress. We've also begun hunting animals to study the difference between a violent death and an accidental one.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2012, 01:28:44 pm »

i think ghostes can be contained with flood gates....
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2012, 01:46:09 pm »

i think ghostes can be contained with flood gates....
I don't think so, they have no problem passing through walls or z levels at will.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:00 pm »

New fact - baby ghosts are treated as alive babies.

During flood accident a few babies drowned. When ghost arose, his mom took him and carried along the fortress.
She has bad thought about it.

Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2012, 02:49:04 pm »

That is both freaky and awesome. FEAR MY GHOST BABIES!

....Does that mean this mother dwarf can beat enemies to death with her ghost baby?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9