Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: the AI uses wierd weapons sometimes.  (Read 11181 times)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
the AI uses wierd weapons sometimes.
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:16:45 pm »

I was playing as your average adventurer in a world with the maximum number of titans possible, and so I wasn’t too surprised when I randomly came upon a shrine in the middle of the humble desert. The titan was, if memory serves (I can’t exactly look at the thing at the moment) a three eyed gopher in humanoid form with fire breath, but that is not important. What is important is that he grabbed me by several article of clothing and then released his grip on several of them. I thought he had let go of all of them but I was wrong, he still had a death grip on my ”rope reed fiber trousers.” The result was when I backed away I immediately lost possession of my pants. Embarrassed, but not defeated. I tried to stand up, but he knocked me back down and beat me to a pulp. This, I suppose is unremarkable... except for the weapon used:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: the AI uses wierd weapons sometimes.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:28:38 pm »

My first encounter with a minotaur did not go well. His first victim was an off duty militiaman, who was fishing at the time. He knocked him cold with a punch, and took his peacock leather flask. Beat my entire fortress to death with it. Bastard still had it when I went to fight him in Adventure Mode.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »

One of my own adventurers (and several of his companions) were beaten to death with a rope reed shoe.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 06:31:55 pm »

I once beat some bandits to death with a piece of string.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 01:56:50 pm »

I like to stab somebody, fill a waterskin with their blood, and beat them to death with the blood.

Alizarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 06:47:38 pm »

The most common items I've been beaten to death with are my backpack and my sock.
The Bull headbutt's the Minotaur in the buttocks, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone and tearing the nervous tissue through the cow leather trousers!
The Minotaur slams into an obstacle!
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/japanbullart.jpg

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 06:54:49 pm »

Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?

Siged!
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 12:22:55 pm »

Not a story, in fact not even something that occurred in adventure mode, however despite that you'll find its very much on topic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Forgot Spoiler tags

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »

Aside from the story of a bronze colossus being decapitated with a thrown live fluffy wambler, no, I can't say that I have.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 08:55:23 am »

Siged!

Wow, only four posts and I've already been sigged! I wonder if that's a record...

Anyways, keep the stories coming because so far they have been hilarious!
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 11:03:29 pm »

This was like one of the things that the legendary dwarves used in the fortresses long ago. In the Legends. Instead of weapons, they used misc. objects. Countless battles were won by dwarves slinging leather backpacks and metal greaves at their enemies, bashing them for far longer than anyone has ever seen.

Also, unarmed person + wrestling grabs and options + random RNG = hello new weapons and armor!

Grab anything off anyone, but not neutrals or friendlies or they will kill you.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 01:47:24 am »

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4167/lolownedk.jpg

I had a pet dinosaur in a dodge-em deathtrap. It was fond of sweet sweet tunic murder.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 03:47:17 am »

My first encounter with a minotaur did not go well. His first victim was an off duty militiaman, who was fishing at the time. He knocked him cold with a punch, and took his peacock leather flask. Beat my entire fortress to death with it. Bastard still had it when I went to fight him in Adventure Mode.
I feel the pain of your fortress members. Did you win the fight in adventure mode? Haha
Jumping into a waterfall to get water is Spectacular.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 08:04:28 pm »

I've strangled people with their own underwear.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 01:12:05 pm »

hell my guy got his tongue ripped out and got a broken arm with it, then he got it back and decapitated a boogy
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!
Pages: [1] 2 3