Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: the AI uses wierd weapons sometimes.  (Read 11119 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: the AI uses wierd weapons sometimes.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 01:40:59 pm »

Teeth.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 04:05:21 am »

I thought I could grab throats with a wielded rope but there isn't much to do with ropes in the current vanilla adventure mode unfortunately. Complex defenestrations, noose creation, constructing gallows, binding unconscious idiots, taming and leashing horrible monsters, snares, tripwires, abseiling off a haunted cliff, iron goblin citadel or deep into an abandoned cave (don't let a crone cut it with her crone knife) would all be swell. Currently I guess you just bonk people with them until a million billion other things get done.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 04:53:10 am »

A bronze colossus once punched a random dwarf, knocking him on his ass and putting him out cold, then he "wrestled" the dwarf's cap away and killed a bunch of dwarves with it before he got his head hacked off by the military.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:55 pm »

I had my pinky toe torn off once. Then the marsh titan caved my skull in with it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 10:06:07 am »

I had a dwarf kill a goblin with the goblin's own loincloth once. That was hilarious.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 02:28:59 pm »

I had a dwarf kill a goblin with the goblin's own loincloth once. That was hilarious.
Hilarious? I think I need brain bleach. And suddenly remembering that locker room scene from Porky's is not helping. ::)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 03:34:42 pm »

I would guess this odd behavior comes from the fact that wrestling things away gives you control of them and puts them in your had, whether clothing or weapon. The AI doesn't seem to bother with dropping any of these items, too, so it just keeps fighting on even if that elf panty is far worse than his adamantine sword, steel shield or just pure dwarven fists of fury.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 10:07:06 pm »

I totally came into this thread expecting complaints about silver weapons (all the cool bandits have them in my world)... Never again will I use my sword... I must use someones arm...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:20 pm »

I totally came into this thread expecting complaints about silver weapons (all the cool bandits have them in my world)... Never again will I use my sword... I must use someones arm...

I once used a bogeyman's head as a sort of medusa thing. Unfortunately it melted after the fight :(

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 01:37:10 am »

One of my favourite adventures, Damin Acemourn, used the leg of his fallen companion as a weapon.

Another, Desi VI Avedmafol wielded a jaguar corpse, among other things.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 02:23:31 pm »

Well on genesis mod they added new certain body parts. So I decided to become the most sick and gruesome elf that even Armok would look away in disgust. I would rip off phallus, didn't matter who or what..big or small, intelligent being or animal. I would then put them in my backpack as a collection, but not before I would use them as a weapon of mass destruction! I even destroyed an entire town with dual wolf phallus (and a third wolf phallus in my mouth that I didn't notice until later.) I eventually got weighed down by all the phallus and died to boogeymen.

Edit: fixed a small typo.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:25:34 pm by Tyler6498 »
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 09:08:28 pm »

Well on genesis mod they added new certain body parts. So I decided to become the most sick and gruesome elf that even Armok would look away in disgust. I would rip off phallus, didn't matter who or what..big or small, intelligent being or animal. I would then put them in my backpack as a collection, but not before I would use them as a weapon of mass destruction! I even destroyed an entire town with dual wolf phallus (and a third wolf phallus in my mouth that I didn't notice until later.) I eventually got weighed down by all the phallus and died to boogeymen.

Edit: fixed a small typo.

It appears there is such a thing as too much phallus...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 10:28:29 pm »

I think defenestrations are possible. I *think* - don't hold me to it.

If a Building Destroyer smashes the window, and then you charge at an enemy and he 'dodges backward' into the newly vacated space, you've defenestrated him I guess.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »

I think defenestrations are possible. I *think* - don't hold me to it.

If a Building Destroyer smashes the window, and then you charge at an enemy and he 'dodges backward' into the newly vacated space, you've defenestrated him I guess.

Defenestrated?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 10:54:04 pm »

Defenestrate is a verb meaning 'To throw out of a window'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3