Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Today's brand new Queen is....  (Read 8200 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Today's brand new Queen is....
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 03:51:41 pm »

It should be water laced with Urist McVampire blood.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Zim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

It should be water laced with Urist McVampire blood.

Ah, okay.

EDIT: Okay, I know this is going to end up being a stupid question, but how do I get the water laced? Wounding the vampire in the tile causing blood there and then filling it doesn't change it from spattering to laced. Dropping water on the injured vamp doesn't do it. Is there something I'm missing? Am I just not getting enough blood out?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:45:34 pm by Zim »

Felix False

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 05:15:59 pm »

You'd think that Dwarven blood would be a high enough proof to satisfy a Vampire's need for alcohol.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 06:00:39 pm »

Zim, now that you have a vampire, the next step is !!SCIENCE!!. Last time I had a vamp king, I bled it a bit to convert some of the fort and formed him an elite vampire guard. They died just like everyone else when the spring magma floods came, though...

This is my new goal, make an elite vampire murder squad and seal them away deep in the earth to train eternally, without sleep or rest until my forts direst emergency.

Then unleash them on the world to save the day.

- Hm sounds like a plot from Underworld or something :P
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 01:11:23 am »

Zim, now that you have a vampire, the next step is !!SCIENCE!!. Last time I had a vamp king, I bled it a bit to convert some of the fort and formed him an elite vampire guard. They died just like everyone else when the spring magma floods came, though...

This is my new goal, make an elite vampire murder squad and seal them away deep in the earth to train eternally, without sleep or rest until my forts direst emergency.

Then unleash them on the world to save the day.

- Hm sounds like a plot from Underworld or something :P

Hmm... I'm doing the exact same thing except with Lycans.

That DOES sound like a plot from Underworld.

Zim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 03:10:51 pm »

Okay, I see what the problem was. To make a vampire, a dwarf has to be drinking from a well. Drinking from a contaminated Water Source that is not a well does not work.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 03:24:43 pm »

Good science, that.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »

Drinking from a contaminated Water Source that is not a well does not work.
Perhaps it's because drinking directly from a water source doesn't empty it at all? If that's the case, would scooping up a bucketful of vampire water directly from the water source and giving it to someone transmit the curse?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]