Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: schaudenfreude artifact  (Read 2857 times)

daftfad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
schaudenfreude artifact
« on: June 13, 2012, 06:38:25 pm »

One day, the mayor of Boulderblades decided it was time to appoint a Hammerer. So naturally, it was decided that one of the esteemed badass hammerlords would be appointed to the position. Upon her appointment as Hammerer and discharge from the military, said hammerlord tossed off all her armor and began wandering around naked. She immediately regretted the decision and became miserable, because apparently:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Needless to say, this was the result:

The overseer became both anxious and mildly amused at the prospect of a superdwarvenly strong berserk hammerer rampaging through the fortress.

But suddenly,

Resulting in:

Which, luckily for the skeletal integrity of nearby dwarves, resulted in a happy ending:

Epilogue: The overseerer has decided to begin the production of clothing.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: schaudenfreude artifact
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:58:58 pm »

... ohmygosthatsawsome
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »

"The Everlasting Shafts"?  Maybe she's lonely enough to forgo modesty, distasteful or not.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »

Maybe she thinks the guy got the wrong end of the stick, as it were?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 12:01:28 am »

Lovely epicaricacy

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 01:29:57 am »

I don't think that's the kind of modesty the game means.
But still funny though.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:50:19 am »

For shafts lasting more than four hours, seek medical attention.  Just not here, if you like having lungs.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 06:19:51 am »

I'm kinda missing the clue...

You've got 2 dwarves, overseeer + hammerer, who do not seem to be connected. (besides one assigning the other)
The hammerer tantrums over being naked and beats some unlucky fella (also unrelated?).
Proceeds to make an artifact, which does not seem to be related to any of the above?

Don't get it.. is is about the artifact's name?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 07:31:17 am »

Google the work Shadenfeude and read the Wikipedia article.  It will all make sense.

In related news, in my last fort, I had several statues of the previous succession of mayors being fired and feeling quite poorly for it.  I built them in the current mayor's bedroom.  Increase room value AND incentive to do a good job!

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 08:10:07 am »

Google the work Shadenfeude and read the Wikipedia article.  It will all make sense.

In related news, in my last fort, I had several statues of the previous succession of mayors being fired and feeling quite poorly for it.  I built them in the current mayor's bedroom.  Increase room value AND incentive to do a good job!

Actually, did you mean "Schadenfreude"?
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 08:18:13 am »

Actually, did you mean "Schadenfreude"?

Clearly he meant Sigmund Schadenfreude. Happiness from the penis envy of others.