Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing liaisons  (Read 326 times)

Junction

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Missing liaisons
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »

My fortress is in its second year, getting prepared to head into winter again, yet despite having had the trading caravans come in like normal, there has not be a single liaison to come to my fortress.  The dwarven caravan seem to simply come without them, both times that it has come.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Missing liaisons
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 03:41:00 pm »

Are you running a dwarven fortress? Or are there any civ-related mods done at all?

Any non-dwarven fort will currently get no liaison whatsoever. That's one of the possible reasons I know.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Junction

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:00:00 pm »

Yup, it's a dwarven fortress, with no civ mods at all.  Closest thing to modding that I've done has been changing some settings in the init file   :)

SquidDNA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 09:38:00 am »

Here's what currently happens to me:

I have a subterranean depot. The merchants come and go normally. For some reason, once the liasons finish talking to the broker (yes, the broker, I swore they talked to someone else before 33b,) they are unable to leave. I've seen them move from one meeting room to another (say from a well to a dining room) but they eventually go insane and there's a failed diplomacy message. The diplomat, human or dwarven, will never come again after that.

I suspect you have some combination of the above factors.

Relicnews Forums Fleet Biologist

Junction

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 05:12:00 pm »

Sounds similar, with the only real difference between that and my fortress being that the diplomats never showed once, at any point.

I am starting to wonder if it might be related to not having any stairs going from the surface into my fortress; currently, I just have ramps.  I had thought that I still had my starting stairs when the first dwarven caravan showed up, but I might be mistaken on that point.

[ November 18, 2007: Message edited by: Junction ]