Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 141794 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!
« Reply #2445 on: October 05, 2012, 05:16:18 pm »

fatal: https://github.com/GlyphGryph/Bay12Pokemon.git
Report to moderator   Logged
B/info/refs not valid: is this a git repository?

I've been a naughty boy. :(
Okay, maybe it's your software not handling https properly. One last time, try:
git://github.com/GlyphGryph/Bay12Pokemon.git

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: October 05, 2012, 05:23:25 pm »

"Working... please wait!" :D

YEAH

Edit : It works! :D Unfortunately, I have been very irresponsible to this project and went to the pub instead of worked on it.

TOMORROW!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:46:12 pm by Korbac »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: October 07, 2012, 09:55:27 am »

Was gonna make a new sprite, but I've been going through updating wiki entries instead. I think I might dedicate some time to backsprites for a bit, since that seems to be what a good chunk of our higher-quality mons are missing.

Can someone modify the move sets of Seegle and Reegle to include a few psychic moves, like Future Sight, Agility, Extrasensory to fit it thematically?

It's supposed to be blind, but still able to unerringly hunt it's prey, and I figure magic is the best way to indicate that.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:01:26 am by GlyphGryph »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: October 07, 2012, 10:35:55 am »

Was gonna make a new sprite, but I've been going through updating wiki entries instead. I think I might dedicate some time to backsprites for a bit, since that seems to be what a good chunk of our higher-quality mons are missing.

Can someone modify the move sets of Seegle and Reegle to include a few psychic moves, like Future Sight, Agility, Extrasensory to fit it thematically?

It's supposed to be blind, but still able to unerringly hunt it's prey, and I figure magic is the best way to indicate that.

Supposed to be blind? Umm, okay then, I'll do that.

Done. Added Extrasensory and Psycho Boost.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:39:40 am by Korbac »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: October 08, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »

Okay, I've been making a little bit of progress everyday on backsprites and bringing things up to date. Korbac, figured out how to do insertions yet? We really need someone to stick these in the game.

Bluerobin, I would like a huge favour - I'd like you to build us a "test map" area. We'll call it the wilds, and I basically want every Bayomon to appear there, so we can actually catch them and insure they are working correctly.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: October 08, 2012, 06:08:01 pm »

Hmm, ok I can try and get that done. What's the best way to do it, do you think? You set the mons that appear based on map and terrain type (grass, water, cave), so after a while it'd get really crowded. I could do little rooms I guess with like 3 or 4 in the grass and 3 or 4 in the "water" (which doesn't necessarily have to actually be water, just has to have the right flags set) and have signs with lists of what's in each map?

Edit: Also, it would help a LOT to have a list the mons to put in each room (or even just a list of which mons are done) and a PM poke whenever you want me to add more.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:10:28 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: October 08, 2012, 06:32:15 pm »

I've been moving mons up to the "incomplete" least, which are ready for attempted insertion, but I don't know if people having been keeping the wiki up to date, so I don't know which mons are actually in the game.

However, I am sure the "In the game" list mons are /at least/ in the game.

Also, I really miss the area north of the first town actually being cave. :(

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: October 08, 2012, 06:39:22 pm »

Oh right, I forgot about that list somehow. I'll try and get that done tomorrow night.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: October 09, 2012, 07:54:33 am »

I'm going to try it now GG.

Pushing to git@github.com:GlyphGryph/Bay12Pokemon.git
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Errors. :(
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:17:09 am by Korbac »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: October 09, 2012, 09:27:52 am »

That part you DO need permissions for - I assume your account is called Korbac? It has permissions now, so if it's not you let me know, obviously. You might need to grab an RSA key off the site to push, I don't remember, but if you need one you should be able to get it now.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:30:40 am by GlyphGryph »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: October 09, 2012, 09:36:56 am »

I think the account is actually called Wysthric. :P My bad for not saying. It's my alternate net name. :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: October 09, 2012, 09:52:25 am »

Done. And here is the page you'll probably need to finish:
https://github.com/settings/ssh

You'll need ssh to push, and the first word of that is "secure" - generate a local key for your computer, and copy the part needed to that page.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: October 09, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »

Sorry, had an annoying migraine earlier. :( Will try this later if not unconcious.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: October 09, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »

Alright I whipped up something hacky looking to start with for the map request. There's now another cave entrance in Mayday Village that takes you to the Find-a-mon islands.

Walking in there will take you to the first area. It looks something like this:

The middle door takes you back, the right door takes you to the next area. The sign tells you what mons you can find. In the grass you'll find Boatborn, Boatforged, Boatmurdad, and Uncarp and in the bushes you'll find Skelfish and Urwhal. I could only put two mons in the bushes because the chances of encountering mons are hardcoded so you have a 60% chance to encounter one mon in water (which is what the bushes are pretending to be) and the next biggest chance is 30% and each bracket gets smaller after that. You end up with a 25% chance of each mon in the grass, though, because there are more and smaller brackets.

The second area looks identical to the first because of a stupid two-maps-using-the-same-image thing that I took advantage of to cheat and be faster. There's a dude blocking the right door in that one so you can only use the middle door to go back to the first island. This island has all of the unicorn mons in the grass and Espier/Helgust in the bushes.

Hopefully this works for people for now, I'm planning on making a better version with dialogs where you get to choose which mon to fight rather than making it random, but this was quick and easy for me and should be easily expandable until the better version is in place.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: October 09, 2012, 07:51:40 pm »

Great work, Bluerobin!

Personally, I'd like to get a bit done on the next town, and since you're currently our goto man for that - what could I do to make implementing as painless as possible for you (if you end up doing it - if someone else does it, I'm sure they will also appreciate the effort) - beyond simply finding a way to do it myself? :P

Of fucks yeah! I got advance map working! Wooooo! Let's see what I can do now!

Bluerobin, any cautions before I start DOING STUFF?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:04:12 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166