Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 141680 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!
« Reply #2460 on: October 09, 2012, 08:03:18 pm »

Well if the design and dialog/plot plans are in place it makes implementation just a matter of translating those. It's been a long time since I looked at the script so I don't know what's done, but a physical description (or, heck, a rough sketch if you're super motivated) would help me, at least.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:39 pm »

See my last post edit - I just got advance map working. Woot! ^_^

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 09, 2012, 08:07:00 pm »

Oh sweet. Hmm cautions... not really? It can be super finicky and doesn't necessarily let you know when what you're doing won't save. Basically if you're altering a map don't make the map bigger and don't add too many new events, otherwise it gets confused about memory allocation and acts like it saves but doesn't. Fiddle with things and feel free to ask questions. I'll go sit in the IRC.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: October 09, 2012, 08:08:04 pm »

I'll be there.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: October 09, 2012, 08:55:27 pm »

bwuh?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: October 09, 2012, 08:56:30 pm »

bwuh?

What's an IRC? All I know about is Dynamic Persimmons Channels on my Octagonal Bass Directive (tm) Synth.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: October 09, 2012, 10:32:34 pm »

Adventures in sprite insertion yields evilshush!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: October 09, 2012, 10:36:02 pm »

Ironically evilshush is colored like a super mushroom while normal shush is colored like a poison mushroom.

...Actually evilshush also looks a bit like a white pikmin
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:56 pm »

I got all sorts of awesome weird variants.

Too bad I can't get any of them to actually come out right.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: October 09, 2012, 11:29:32 pm »

Mmm, yay for me actually doing stuff. Missta Glyph added me to the repo too! I've been formatting the bayomon page. :D

Here's my report on mons that need a bit'o'love.

Shush is nearly implemented, right? Everything's done for him besides actual insertion.
Brumble has been implemented, though I don't remember whether its moves are in.
We need final evos for all three starters. We have front and backsprites for all of our first stage, front sprites for Skelfish and Unicron's finished. Boatmurdad, Boatforged, Urwhal, Perlestia and Lunicron all need front and back sprites.

We need a lot of people who know how to sprite or insert. Glyph, USEC, Johuo, Bluerobin and the other spriters are good, but they're under a heavy load at the moment.
Don't be worried about ruining the rom if you make a mistake; Glyph, Bluerobin and USEC can show you how to revert your push.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:38:12 pm by Reudh »

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2470 on: October 10, 2012, 04:10:42 am »

We need a lot of people who know how to sprite or insert. Glyph, USEC, Johuo, Bluerobin and the other spriters are good, but they're under a heavy load at the moment.

No, no I'm not spriter, I just uploaded some sprites I found from the thread to the git. I know nothing about spriting. I'll add myself to that list of people/skills so there will be no more confusion.  :P

I'm really busy with school stuff atm so I can't really be of any use anyway.  :-[
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:43 am »

Shush should be inserted, but he is being recalcitrant. Troublesome little mushroom, that one.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: October 10, 2012, 08:07:30 pm »

Shush should shbee shour shmascot. Shmoughts, shanyone?

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: October 11, 2012, 08:08:59 am »

Sorry about not helping out guys, I've been snowed in with random doses of narcolepsy and insomnia, work, and personal timetabling.  :-[

I'll try to get my key and push the branch I did tonight. :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: October 11, 2012, 09:42:11 am »

Make sure you pull first. If someone else has edited the ROM since then, you won't be able to merge - in that case, make sure you push your branch with it's own name. I can merge manually when I get home, but it's a bit of a complicated process.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166