Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furniture hauling problem after reclaim  (Read 1136 times)

Dwarf73

• Bay Watcher
  • beer!
    • View Profile
Furniture hauling problem after reclaim
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:54:17 pm »

I reclaimed my old fort and ordered some old beds to be moved back to the warehouse, problem is, beds been sitting there now like 3 years, saying need furniture hauling, which should be enabled almost all dwarfs. For some odd reason they just dont do that job, any ideas?

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
Re: Furniture hauling problem after reclaim
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:57:38 pm »

Wait, whoa, what? 3 years? Anyway, are the beds forbidden?
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:58:19 pm »

Have you reclaimed the items?

When you reclaim a fort, everything that was in the fort before is marked as {forbidden} and will not be used by any task, including simple hauling tasks, until the forbiddance mark is removed. You can do this for individual items by scrolling over them with the loo(k) cursor or the building i(t)ems cursor (depending on whether or not they're outside a building) and hitting (f), for all items in a rectangle with the d-b-c cursor, or through the stocks menu.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Dwarf73

• Bay Watcher
  • beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:21:23 pm »

Thanks, it seemd they were forbidden, it just didn't show it as they were ordered for removal, so had to cancel order first and then reclaim before ordering removal again :D