Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Syndicate Beginner's Mafia [Currently Recruiting! 0/7]  (Read 3541 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: The Syndicate Beginner's Mafia [Currently Recruiting! 0/7]
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 02:38:01 pm »

...Am I the only one on this entire fucking forum who has only gotten like 15 pages into MSPA before returning to hentaaaa I mean other webcomics?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »

...Am I the only one on this entire fucking forum who has only gotten like 15 pages into MSPA before returning to hentaaaa I mean other webcomics?

Most likely yes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 02:45:44 pm »

I had the same thing, but it's actually a really good read if you can get past the first part. The first part is rampant with silliness.

Plus... dude. Cascade. That's all. In fact, I'm gonna go rewatch that. I actually stopped there so I could wait for more updates before reading.

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 11:56:58 pm »

Still not exactly sure what the proper code is for making a game. Let me get this straight: You post in the games thread in this forum to announce it, get it approved and then make the game?
A gem-encrusted sock is perfect for ass-kicking.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 05:12:13 am »

More or less. The primary issues are making sure you know what you're doing and it's a good idea- mafia is not an easy game to run or GM- and coordinating things so we don't end up with more games than there's interest in. For instance, since we've already got a Beginner's Mafia in progress and only one or two people have expressed interest in replacing/joining, it seems likely that a second one would have difficulty finding enough people.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:08 am »

Also, it's not so much specific approval so much as "I'm about to run X game, any objections?"  It was more important back when we had more games running at the same time and clutter was a serious possibility.  (It's not like RTD where a player's turn takes 5-ish minutes every day or two- a Mafia game takes some commitment, and too many games being open can drown out the players.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 10:56:08 am »

Also, that OP could use some work. Take a look at the other BMs for an example.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 [2]