Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 59116 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!
« Reply #585 on: February 04, 2012, 01:49:04 pm »

Also, that reminds me.

MEEEEEEEEPH

YOU PROMISED BASTARD PARANORMAL 2 DAMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 04, 2012, 03:04:06 pm »

It's in the planning stages.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 04, 2012, 04:33:34 pm »

Also, 16 players, and no kooks!? I'm sure wuba would like to take credit for that. Heheh.
I'm the cause of most things. I'm pretty sure Meph looks at what I post, then makes sure it's false the next game. Because otherwise I could metagame all day long.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 04, 2012, 07:00:53 pm »

Now he'll make things the same just to metagame that.

You just broke Paranormal with your paradoxen!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 05, 2012, 02:17:41 am »

It's in the planning stages.
This means it's going to be ridiculous, I hope. Maybe three separate, overlapping realities, each with its own rules and consequences?! Traverse reality, a simulation, and the dream world in a roving quest to defeat your adversaries on all fronts!!!

Maybe? :P

Except no. the whole point was that i'd find the alien and then get the psychic. It's not so complicated, if i am to ally with town, and the game wont end if i can still win it, i have no reason to catch a psychic  town player before getting an alien. If i had captured Arathos and they refused to give me a psychic,then lynch me, the hivemind and a dopp would have been released. night arrives, lose 1 to cult, lose 1 to dopp, probly lylo. Sure is a good idea. I am riding them of 2 dangerous roles, at the cost of 2 townies (1 of them useless, too), it's hardly a bad trade for town.
This is true, but it assumes everything goes perfectly- like that the town stops lynching in hopes of hitting an alien directly, for one thing, and that everything you need survives until the very end of the game, for another.

Actually, what you dont seem to understand is that the whole point of a Xeno is to survive long enough to find all you need. I weighed my choices. Between keeping hidden + safety against lynch vs being know to people that can betray or simply Nk at wish, the choice is rather easy.
I think you're vastly overstating the "survive" component and downplaying the "get what you need" one. Even catching a single scum over the course of the game isn't a guarantee- just look at cops and vigs- and you've got two separate, additional categories- psychics and aliens- that tend to be small, high-priority targets for everyone else.

I mean, just look at what happened this game: Not only were you only ever a single NK or lynch away from being completely unable to win, but your target was incredibly dangerous. "Sit back and wait" wouldn't have worked no matter who won out in the end.

As for scum betraying you, that's just silly. You've only got lynch immunity when you give up the anonymity anyway, and I've already explained how town generally has more reason to dispose of you than scum does.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]