Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 10  (Read 6060 times)

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 10
« on: December 03, 2011, 01:27:08 pm »

So this game is about criminals set in medieval, low fantasy world. You will start as trash and climb up the ladders to the highest position available, or perhaps you just want to be free again, or make you own guild? In the end it'll be all up to you, but for now you are at the bottom of the bottom. I'm taking 4 players (all slots reserved I think) for now, more if I feel like I can handle. I gave reservation to players in the RTD brainstorming thread, will be listing them somewhere.

WARNING: This is my first RTD, so please be gentle, give feedback and suggestions. Also english is not my native language so please be patient if I do mistakes, and feel free (tho, not obligated) to correct me as there is always room for improvement on this field.

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: System for now (click to show/hide)

Start:
You have all been thieves with some success on the business but nothing big. One day you got caught by the guards right on the scene, and got yourselves thrown into a jail. Things weren't going so well. Then you saw some hope as the thieves guild, like they say, rescued you from a horrible fate. They paid your fines. Now you are highly indebted to the guild and they want their money back, so you better be worth their investment. After getting out of the jail you were transported to the local thieves guild, which is located in the cellars of a tavern named The Thirsty Slave.

In the building:
Before you stands a bald, six and a half feet tall heavily muscled man, his face covered in scars, lacking a right eye, and decorated by a moustache of immense authority. You estimate his age to be a bit over 40. The man opens his mouth, and speaks with a raspy, yet loud voice full of confidence.

"All right you worthless lowlifes, I am your trainer Marcus. First of all I'd love to make some things clear. Most of them will make your life easier."
"One, you are now my property, so you will do everything I want you to do."
"Two, you will be respectful to every other member of this organization."
"Three, all your stealings, are belong to me, unless I say otherwise."
"Is this all clear?"
The man pauses for a while. No one dares to say anything. One of the new recruits among you almost comments rule three, but Marcus gives him a quick murderous glance which is enough to silence him before he could say a word. Then Marcus continues.

"Good. One more thing though. I will take the payment you are supposed to get from the jobs you will do for this guild, as you are highly indebted to me. Each of you by the way owes me 20 gold coins. Also about the valuables you bring to me, I will get them inspected and the items value will be cleared from your debt. Don't worry about the money for now as you'll be given a place to stay and food to eat, all sponsored by our dear guild."

"Ah and almost forgot, the higher ups want you to fill this paper, so please be kind and do so, and if you can't write then ask someone else to write it for you."
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
"And don't ask me why they need to know your gender, just write it down. You can also write about your past if you want to, but it won't be necessary." he takes a small break and then sarcastically adds "You might even want to describe your appearance, I don't care."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:21:13 pm by JackoftheBox »
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 01:27:28 pm »

Here I'll list them players and info.

The reservation list (as promised in the RTD brainstorming thread): Not needed anymore.

Waitlist:
1. Yoink
2. adwarf
3. Toaster
4. Superior_Tomato
5. MonkeyHead
6. wolfchild
7. ansontan2000
8. TCM
9. Firelordsky
10. Lord Allagon

Info:
Spoiler: Royalty (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Organization (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Money (click to show/hide)

Characters:
Spoiler: micelus - Len (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:14:53 am by JackoftheBox »
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 01:32:00 pm »

Waitlist me please :)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 02:04:38 pm »

Name: Derm Umbra
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 02:36:53 pm »

Spoiler: Hilda Slurn (click to show/hide)

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 02:59:47 pm »

I'll 'subtly' add the characters and some info if I get an idea for now, when the game starts I'll notify for the changes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 03:26:42 pm »

I'll take a waitlist spot, sure.  Any idea of the potential turnover rate?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 03:46:18 pm »

I'll take a waitlist spot, sure.  Any idea of the potential turnover rate?

Added to waitlist.

No idea about the turnover rate, but most likely I will take in more than 4 players at some point. If a character dies, or reaches a point where he/she wants to retire, he/she will naturally be replaced by a player from the waiting list. I won't be a merciless GM but plain stupidity, like attacking a dozen guys at once will most likely result in death. And a criminal's fate isn't so bright if you get caught. There are also dangers if you get caught and try to escape, for example some players don't want to play an assassin who jumped from the city walls trying to escape and got himself cripple.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 03:52:55 pm »

Name: Len
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 04:17:03 pm »

Name: Joshua Turnway
Bio: Before the age of twenty, Joshua lived out his life as a common trader. However, after a string of serial murders ended with the death of his baby daughter, Joshua left his wife and joined the Thieves Guild to track down and exact revenge on his daughter's killer. He has an affinity will judging motives.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 04:26:59 pm »

Can I have a spot on the waitlist?
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 04:28:11 pm »

Can I have a spot on the waitlist?

Waitlisted.

Allright, players are in, turn 1 coming up!

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 04:38:54 pm »

Turn 1: The First Job!

You watch around your surroundings and quickly count that there are 11 people in this room, you included. Marcus and two other guys standing in front of you, and 7 other guys standing in line with you, listening your so called 'trainer'. He feels more like a slave driver.

"So... I'll give you your first assignment. You will now be getting me some valuables, be it money or items just bring me something that puts the weight of my purse back to same level it was before your arrival. The time limit is one day, also I should mention that the one who contributes less to my, should I say, noble cause... will be sold to the mines, so don't disappoint me okay?"

You have heard about the mines, working for 18 hours a day, not getting enough food, cave ins, darkness, this punishment would be harsh even for slaves. No one wants to end up in a place like that. Marcus turns around and is about to leave but stops for a brief moment. It seems that he remembers something, so he turns towards you again.

"If you have any questions, now is the time to ask them, and someone always asks about the method so I'll answer that one for you. Don't get caught."

All right, go for it!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 04:44:10 pm »

Waitlist me please...

Karl Flatfoot.
Male.
30 years old.

Bio: Thievery is an artform, and like all other forms of art it has its share of young prodigies. As a cild Karl shone as an exceptionally talented pickpocket, and as he prgressed into his teens turned to the use of stealth for breaking in to the houses of the rich and taking out thier nice shiny things. Alas, this led him to have excess coin in his pocket, and like all young men it was spent on wine, women and games of chance. The rest was merely wasted. Due to a high life life lived in the gutter Karl has a long line of people in his wake all chasing hm for his debts, and has to continue thievery to pay them off. Unsuprisingly, what cash he earns is often spent on his vices as opposed to his creditors. Whilst Karl still has the natural skills and instincts of a master thief, age and the effects of his hedonistic ways have taken thier toll in dulling them both.
This is a blank sig.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 04:50:26 pm »

Waitlist me please...

Karl Flatfoot.
Male.
30 years old.

Bio: Thievery is an artform, and like all other forms of art it has its share of young prodigies. As a cild Karl shone as an exceptionally talented pickpocket, and as he prgressed into his teens turned to the use of stealth for breaking in to the houses of the rich and taking out thier nice shiny things. Alas, this led him to have excess coin in his pocket, and like all young men it was spent on wine, women and games of chance. The rest was merely wasted. Due to a high life life lived in the gutter Karl has a long line of people in his wake all chasing hm for his debts, and has to continue thievery to pay them off. Unsuprisingly, what cash he earns is often spent on his vices as opposed to his creditors. Whilst Karl still has the natural skills and instincts of a master thief, age and the effects of his hedonistic ways have taken thier toll in dulling them both.

Waitlisted

Also, a little info about 'the organization'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6