Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 10  (Read 6061 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 05:00:27 pm »

"Where's the easiest place to rob for the first job?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 05:00:54 pm »

"You got a map?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 05:27:23 pm »

waitlist please
and this was made and filled up when i was asleep RAEEG not pissed at amyone just annoyed at the timing
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 05:35:46 pm »

Any places that aren't watched too hard by the watchmen?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 05:42:26 pm »

waitlist please
and this was made and filled up when i was asleep RAEEG not pissed at amyone just annoyed at the timing

The EXACT same thing just happened to me. FML
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 06:13:04 pm »

waitlist please

The EXACT same thing just happened to me. FML

HNGGHHHHHHH both waitlisted.

Also, talking is a free action so

"Where's the easiest place to rob for the first job?"

"Well, the slums near the mines would be easiest, but I bet there ain't anything to rob around there. The marketplace in the merchants district might be a good place, it's always crowded but also heavily patrolled."

"You got a map?"

"Yes I have a map, and I can even show it to you." One of the two guys standing next to Marcus gives him a map, he rolls it open and puts it to a nearby table. You check the map and see that the city is split in three districts. In the middle of the city is the merchants district, the marketplace is located there, there is also an X-shaped mark near it. Surrounding the merchants district is the residental district, in which citizens who have atleast some money live, there also is an X-shaped mark. The rest of the city is just slums.
"I'm not giving this map to you, as you can see it's mine. If you want it you'll have to get it from someone else or steal it from me."

Any places that aren't watched too hard by the watchmen?

"If you got the coin the watchmens ever so watchful eyes can be turned to more important things, like birdwatching, but in your case I'd advise the residental district. There are patrols even in the slums, but almost none in the residental district. I advise you to be careful if you go there as the streets in there aren't so crowded."
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 06:30:40 pm »

"Derm, Hilda, Len? I say you three join me in the residential district. Far as I see it, one person distracting the townies as another takes their coin is an effective strategy, no?" Even if they don't join him, Joshua heads to the residential district.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 06:34:16 pm »

I think I'll take my chances in a bustling street where one can slip away easily, myself.Abscond to the marketplace district.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »

"I'll help...After all, we are in a guild."

Help Joshua with his plan.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 06:46:37 pm »

Head to the residential district with Joshua. Hilda knows how to be an effective distraction if necessary...

((yoga))

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »

Turn 2 - Arrival at the (possible) crime scene

The four other guys that were standing in line with you just a moment ago vanished somewhere, maybe they were in a hurry. As you take your leave Marcus wishes you good luck, you aren't really sure if he meant it or not.

"Derm, Hilda, Len? I say you three join me in the residential district. Far as I see it, one person distracting the townies as another takes their coin is an effective strategy, no?" Even if they don't join him, Joshua heads to the residential district.
Help Joshua with his plan.
Head to the residential district with Joshua. Hilda knows how to be an effective distraction if necessary...

The Trio:
Either Marcus is a damn liar, or you have some seriously bad luck. [2] There is not just one, but two patrols. You are about to drop your plan and head to somewhere else [5], but this 'irresistible customer' steps out from a nearby tavern, and boy he is drunk. He has everything, a silver ring, brightly coloured expensive looking outfit, fancy hat with a damn feather on it. That man is a robbers dream. The chance to clear some debts presents itself.

Abscond to the marketplace district.

Lonely rider:
You head into the marketplace, [3] and it seems to be as crowded as always. You start to look for a fitting prey and [4] you see a man who just might be a merchant, atleast he seems to have a heavy purse, which in your opinion might need some lightening, hanging from his belt. So you think that it would be most friendly to share this heavy burden.

Spoiler: micelus - Len (click to show/hide)
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 08:18:38 pm »

Nod to Hilda as I passively walk around the man from a distance, appearing to mind my own business at first. She's the bait, not me.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 08:20:07 pm »

Try for the ol' bunp and snatch. Disappear into the crowd and then a back alley whether success or failure. 

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"I'll help with distracting...it won't be hard to steal from our friend over there."

Separate from Joshua and steal some kind of produce just a few metres from one of the patrols. Make sure the merchant sees me. As he shouts, run like hell into the crowds.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6