Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 10  (Read 6062 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 9
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2011, 04:48:51 pm »

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 9
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2011, 12:20:59 pm »

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Trying to write a turn?

Turn 10: What now?

Len:
After greeting Joshua and Hilda, Len looks for a comfortable looking place and rests his wound, all the while practicing his forging (signatures) skills.

You find yourself a nice floursack filled corner, take some sacks, place them to the ground to get a comfortable resting place. After the bed is ready you lay down and write a few quick signatures. then copy them, and write a few new ones, and so on. It crosses your mind that it would be more effective to train with real signatures, but you doubt that anyone is willing to write their own for you. [4] You make some progress. Your fake signatures are starting to look quite good, but are still far from perfect or even good enough to really put in use.

Hilda:
Find somewhere to have a bath and get all pleasantly clean, and make a mental note to head to the Thirsty Badger next Monday. Then echo Joshua's question - what shall we do?

After wondering a while around this tavern, not managing to see even a glimpse of a bath, you find yourself asking about it from the tavern keeper. He gladly shows you where it's located and provides you with all the necessary items to use it. You take your time and enjoy the bath. After cleaning up you go back to downstairs to meet Marcus and ask him about what to do now. He gives you his infamous murderous glance, staying silent as a grave.

Joshua:
Joshua kicked back for a few moments and looked up at Marcus. "So... what do we do now, eh?"

You try to pass some time, but get bored quite quickly, so you decide to ask about what to do now from Marcus. "I don't know. Do whatever you want, I'll tell you about your next assignment tomorrow when all have returned." He replies to your question. That didn't leave you satisfied at all.

Derm:
Ninja up the side of a nearby building like I had done before. Escape, and find an appraiser.

[6] You ninja your way up the building, all the way to the roof, leaving the guys who tried to rob you stunned with awe. To your bad luck there seems to be an archer on the roof. He immediately notices you and yells " Assassin!", aims at you with his bow and shoots, [2] missing horribly. [4] You manage to get away from his field of vision, and escape succesfully. It's starting to get dark so you try to check for a place where to appraise your goods. [2] Apparently they all have closed up for today.

Spoiler: micelus - Len (click to show/hide)
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 10
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2011, 01:03:20 pm »

Walk around the area and try to get to know some of the other thieves. Figure out who your best competition will be.

Spoiler: Note to Jack (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2011, 01:15:09 pm »

Enquire discreetly around the area if there are any suppliers of... equipment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:17:15 pm by lawastooshort »

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2011, 02:37:16 pm »

Thanks for the feedback and tips. I really struggle with the grammar as my native languages grammar has nothing in common with english. Also I haven't ever really studied english, just done all that was required in the school, nothing extra, but I do read most novels in english.

And about the dialogue. I've sometimes felt that they don't fit when proofreading, but never really figured out what's wrong in it.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2011, 02:47:39 pm »

I guess the main rule is that if you feel like your dialogue "stops" the narrative in its tracks when proofreading, you've probably missed something.

I've done worse, though. Like, for a long time I would write "* said" or "said *" after nearly EVERY. PIECE. OF DIALOGUE. This is one of the main problems that creates Said Bookism, as the writer will proofread, find the "said"s repetitive, and try to use synonyms. Which I also did.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2011, 03:00:07 pm »

Head back to base, hope to whatever deities that may or may not exist that these coins are worth something.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:49 pm »

Look around the base and find out the names of the people and see if their are any services available (vendors, medics, etc.)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2011, 04:19:57 pm »

Said Bookism, as the writer will proofread, find the "said"s repetitive, and try to use synonyms. Which I also did.

This is fun if you aren't being serious though. Nice link freeform, thanks. Also, I couldn't write this well in my second language. Nice.

I liked this ;)

p.s. sorry for getting a bit off topic...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:23:14 pm by lawastooshort »

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2011, 08:11:39 am »

There most likely won't be a turn today, as the parts to my new computer have finally arrived and I need to take the hard drive from this old PC, format, install new Windows, get them drivers etc etc.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2011, 05:18:27 pm »

I'm sorry that no turn came up. Now I'm going to be busy with Christmas preparations, the event itself, and my brothers having birthday after it. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten this and plan to revive it early January.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]