Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Breaching trough the adamantine pillar  (Read 5657 times)

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Breaching trough the adamantine pillar
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:43:49 pm »

I decided to dig out an adamantine pillar figuring that I'd get raped but so far the only thing that got raped is my fps. My game went from no problem, hand me more imigrants to having to abort because of the bad fps, is this bugged or something you can do about it?

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breaching trough the adamantine pillar
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 05:55:03 pm »

Adamantine, whats that?  ;D

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:04:44 pm »

So, wait, your FPS turned to crap upon simply mining the pillar, or did you actually breach Hell?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 06:10:32 pm »

So, wait, your FPS turned to crap upon simply mining the pillar, or did you actually breach Hell?

Sounds like he breached the land of the fire and the flames.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 06:23:15 pm »

Presumably you breached one of the pillars which leads to hell, but does not have a clown car waiting at the bottom. That happens if there are multiple spires on the map, only one of them will have the car and the rest are more or less safe.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 06:27:00 pm »

And if that's the case, then it's no bug that your FPS suffered. Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:31:33 pm by King DZA »

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 07:23:42 pm »

Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Mind if I sig this wonderful bit of poetry?
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 07:29:28 pm »

"And on that fateful day, many were offended, yet even this was in vain as all were secretly infested with brain worms."

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 07:41:53 pm »

Should I kill all unnecessary dwarfs and animals before breaching next time to avoid the fps drop?  I had about 130 dwarfs, no problem and went from smooth as hell fps to < 1 fps when I breached. Is it possible to fight the demons wo fps drops?

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »

"And on that fateful day, many were offended, yet even this was in vain as all were secretly infested with brain worms."

Fuck that whole "asking permission" thing. I'm siggin' it anyways.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 08:10:47 pm »

Should I kill all unnecessary dwarfs and animals before breaching next time to avoid the fps drop?  I had about 130 dwarfs, no problem and went from smooth as hell fps to < 1 fps when I breached. Is it possible to fight the demons wo fps drops?

Very easily :]
(Assuming either you or the demons die very quickly).
Killing all useless dwarves and animals is unnecessary (except the animal part), so go ahead.

"And thus the brainworms began the great siege."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 08:53:47 pm »

I've breached hell in places that didn't have any demons, once by breaking through another spire and another time by ramping out an unrevealed SMR tile in a portion of the map that only had one layer of the stuff between stone and hell (I think that with the default layer counts you're more or less guaranteed to have only one SMR layer somewhere on your site). Both times I had a significant drop in FPS, but not the switch to SPF that you're describing, and the demons dispersed and were content to wander hell.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »

Go for it. Anything that further spreads my greatness throughout the forum isn't something I'm gonna complain about.

No worries, I doubt people will find it very offensive at all. It is common knowledge that an ice covered hill is far more dangerous to those who lack functioning legs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 09:07:45 pm »

Oh my. It appears the brain worms aren't allowing their hosts to read the last part of my post  :'(

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 10:03:38 pm »

Pfft, I don't have brainworms, I just didn't quite understand is all.

Now, If you'll excuse me, I have some friends I need to go assimilate hang out with.
Pages: [1] 2