Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: How Dwarf Fortress Influences You  (Read 25515 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How Dwarf Fortress Influences You
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2012, 11:44:11 pm »

That is a previously unforeseen, and exceptionally relevant point. Now I'm glad I'm nice and its 2012...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2012, 01:57:22 am »

DF inspired me to gather a box of saguaro wood and craft an "artifact" saguaro rib wood figuring of a saguaro rib, then send it to Toady One.

Yeah, I really was in a strange mood....

I'm guessing that Toady wishes that more of us had skill in armor or weapon smithing right now... even metalcrafting, for that matter.  I mean, who'd say no to an artifact platinum goblet?
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2012, 06:40:30 am »

DF inspired me to gather a box of saguaro wood and craft an "artifact" saguaro rib wood figuring of a saguaro rib, then send it to Toady One.

In that vein, I've been inspired to research ceramics, geology, soil science, organic farming, beekeeping, and the bite forces of various wild animals, as well as the tensile strength of flesh. 

Oh, and the chemistry of pee.  I now know how to make homemade explosives using my own urine as a source of nitrates. 

THANKS, TOADY!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2012, 12:13:48 pm »

Note to self, research chemistry of pee.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2012, 10:57:43 pm »

I made a dwarf assassin in the first edition of D&D (it was some "remake", can't remember the name but it was related to mazes and goblins)
His name was Urist McStab
His weapon was a sharpened crowbar

He didn't have a Gravity Gun too, did he?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2012, 07:21:45 pm »

I was almost shocked at my own behavior the other day...

"Oh fie, an unsolved crime without any witnesses save the guy who found the body. What to do?"

Bomrek Usutoth is throwing a tantrum! x5

"Right, that tears it! Congratulations Bomrek, you win jail time!"

Like a dictator.  8)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »

An oddly correct dictator.  It would be harder to oppress the dwarves if they could realize they were being oppressed.  Its wierd to have to WORK at being an evil dictator.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]