Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll To Strife 2 Turn 10: Game Get  (Read 18290 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Roll To Strife 2 Turn 10: Game Get
« on: December 05, 2011, 06:32:21 pm »

Roll to Strife II
Taking the Game to the God Tiers
This is the second installment of the Sburb  RTD, aka Roll to Strife.

This is a game based on the incredibly popular webcomic Homestuck of the MS Paint Adventures. It is about a bunch of kids who start playing a reality warping game called Sburb, and repidly devolves into a story with a plot to intricate to comprehend in just one read-through.

This time, you can be one of these kids.

Gameplay and fluff:
Spoiler: Posting Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Sylladex (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Medium (click to show/hide)

Players:
  • dermonster
  • SeriousConcentrate
  • wolfchild
  • freeformschooler
  • Sinpwn
  • bdthemag
Waitlist:
  • Riccto
  • Powder Miner
  • Ottofar
  • adwarf
  • Strife26
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:13:06 pm by Darvi »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Strife Reboot
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 06:44:15 pm »

Basically going to do a repeat of my previous character because STUFF. Except maybe OTHER STUFF.

-Name: Derek Coonan!
-Chumroll: autisticGamer
-Sylladex modus: Array modus. Because in-universe me isn't retarded and chose the most sensible option.
-Kind Abstratus: Staffkind
-Preferred Title: Heir of Time, barring that, Mage of Chaos.
-Preferred Moon: Derse
-Associated Material: Caesium
-Bio: Ex-millitary dad who is a slight drunkard. Hobbies is Astromony, Computer games (owns a lot of flash drives.) Is somewhat skilled with a custom techno-keyboard. General theme song is U.N. Owen was her. Two story house generally belonging to semi-upper middle class. Is naturally bad at social contact (note chumtitle) and avoids it as much as possible. Major internet addiction. Typing quirk is obsessively adhering to correct grammar and spelling barring exceptions which allow me to just type at my goddamn keyboard like normal.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »

-Name: Victoria Shelley
-Chumroll: trenchantApparition
-Sylladex modus: Hourglass (Sylladex consists of two V-shaped halves, which are supported by the first two items she grabs. These halves grow exponentially and on one side then the other. For example, if her sylladex contains 30 items, each'wing' be organized as 1 item - 2 items - 4 items - 8 items. She can take any items she wishes, but if one of the two supporting items are grabbed all items on that wing will fall out and need to be regathered, and if she takes more than half of any of the further 'levels' everything past it will collapse. So to use the previous example, if she took one from the second tier, the third and fourth would fall out; if she took two from the third tier, the fourth would fall out, and so on.)
-Kind Abstratus: Chainkind
-Preferred Title: Mistress of Void
-Replacement Title: Lady of Darkness
-Preferred Moon: Prospit
-Associated material: Obsidian
-Bio: Victoria lives (in the attic) with her older sister in a creepy mansion on the outskirts of her hometown. Of course, she has no off-line friends, but three black cats (Lovecraft, Stoker, and Poe) hang around the house and she dotes on them. Her hobbies are making clothes, collecting/defacing movie posters by putting them in gothic make-up, writing slashfics of her author-insert Mary Sue with many fictional vampires (although she detests Twilight - VAMPIRES DO NOT SPARKLE! THEY HANG OUT IN RAVES IN DARK BASEMENTS AND BROOD! 0_0), and collecting horror movie props. Her secret shame is a fascination with wrestling and shoujo manga. She replaces the letter 'o' with zeroes to make it appear more spooky, does not use contractions, and uses a 0_0 emoticon in place of all others (although she rarely uses emoticons anyway). She plays the violin because it accurately conveys the suffering of her soul. She insists she really does have deep psychological issues and is seriously a dark person, man, you wouldn't believe. Surprisingly, she does not write poetry; she feels that's for posers who are faking their darkness. As for appearence, her long hair is loose and dyed black with red streaks, and she prefers long dresses with lots of lace and chains with matching boots. Her skin is somewhat pale, and she doesn't wear make-up of any sort.

EDIT: Since freeform wants purple I guess I'll switch to orange. It's Halloween color and I think that was what I had last time anyway. ^^^
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:26:18 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »

-Name: Mikael Mavern
-Chumroll: lunarAgressor colour=silver
-Sylladex modus: Lunar Modus (Each card has a phase that cycles (more quickley than the lunar cycle, something like one cycle per in-game hour, as the GM decides) when the card is on the same phase as the moon is on at the time, or 1 to either side, or its exact reverse, then it may be taken out
-Kind Abstratus: Cardkind (different decks will have different abilities)
-Preferred Title: Sentinel of Change
-Replacement Title: Mage of Breeze
-Associated Material: Silver
-Bio: Mikael is studious in school and has never had a bad report card EVER, however his OLDER SISTER does not seem to care about this and is constantly trying to get him to play sports, or anything physical realy.  He enjoys trading card games, of all kinds,  Fantasy and sci fi computer games and Movies. He also enjoys documentaries but always double checks the facts; he also makes a mean coffee. He plays the trumpet well enough that people do not shout him off and he tries his best to include a wolfish word in every sentence. He lives in a Medium sized house, built on the side of a mountain, 20 minutes drive to the nearest city

edit: phew after i finished making there was a long 504 error, so glad I still got in early enough
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:53:14 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:13:58 pm »

-Name: Mindy Manson
-Chumroll: swiftJudgement
-Sylladex modus: Hash Tag Modus - To retrieve an item, you must come up with a punny hashtag for both the item and what your intended use for it is. If your tag is not appropriate or punny enough, the item will instead be ejected at 500 miles per hour.
-Kind Abstratus: Rapierkind
-Preferred Title: Knight of Space
-Replacement Title: Knight of Breath
-Associated Material: Quartz
-Bio: Mindy wants, more than anything, to be cool. She believes that building herself up as some great hero to her friends is the ultimate way to do that. However, she often ends up belittling her own real successes in favor of her made-up life stories.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:19:40 pm by freeformschooler »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:14:42 pm »

Reserve :D?!??!?!?! Please?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:18:19 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »

Name: Kevin Jameson
Chumroll: TenebrousAbysmal
Sylladex modus: Wallet
Kind Abstratus: Glaivekind
Preferred Title: Mage of Rage, Fallback being Knight of Blood.
Preferred Moon: Derse
Associated Material: Tungsten
Bio: Raised by very distant and not exactly loving parents. Slightly questionable sanity. Distrustful at best to strangers and aquatances, but very loyal to friends. He lives in a rural three story house and spends most of his time trying to make extremely impractical tools and weapons. He is often a suspect for any vandalism crimes due to this. He does not enjoy it when people are needlessly dramatic and has a comparatively short attention span. He usually acts rather calm and passive unless provoked, which is when things get ugly. His typing quirk is always talking in bold red font and adding Ellipsis instead of commas or periods. His phisique is lean and tall, with a bit of muscle. He has short spiky brown hair. He wears a dark red robe, and does not dispute the fact that it is actually just a bathrobe.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:17:20 pm by Sinpwn »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 08:25:40 pm »

Riccto, please be Prospit so we can balance it out. I'm switching to Prospit myself since we have three Derse and it's funnier if Victoria's kind of a hypocrite anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 08:27:28 pm »

-Name: Darryl Peterson
-Chumroll:luckyAce
-Sylladex modus: Blackjack Modus: To take an item out of your inventory you'll have to beat the "Dealer" at a game of blackjack.
-Kind Abstratus: Dicekind
-Preferred Title: Heir of Chance
-Replacement Title: Rogue of Luck
-Associated Material: Diamond
-Bio: Raised by a hotshot gambling father, Darryl has learned how to play the tables from the best. Although his father is usually out at the various poker tournaments around the world, he gets a chance to see him every now and again. He's tactical, and considers every move like it was a game of poker. Although his personality can get a bit "random" at times, he's usually a thoughtful, risk-taking person. He's tall, and lean and not that athletic. He's usually wearing a normal T-shirt jeans combo, or wearing a suit if he feels in the mood.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:12:58 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 08:30:14 pm »

Riccto, please be Prospit so we can balance it out. I'm switching to Prospit myself since we have three Derse and it's funnier if Victoria's kind of a hypocrite anyway.
I'd just like to point out that I found this fascinating, because it's really very rare that I have no idea what someone's talking about.

Carry on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 08:32:28 pm »

Quick explanation: If Derse dreamers are those who associate with grimdark horrorterrors and Cthulu-type beasts, Prospit is the opposite. Victora's goffic so her being a Prospit dreamer is funnier than her being a Derse dreamer. ^^^

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 08:38:51 pm »

Thats the plan. Here we go.

-Name: Ian Tallerico
-Chumroll: watchfulKraken
-Sylladex modus:Spearfishing Modus. To Retrieve your item you need to cast a spear at it
-Kind Abstratus: Harpoonkind
-Preferred Title: Slayer of Beasts
-Replacement Title: Hunter of Fate
-Associated Material: Hoarfrost
-Bio: Raised by a loving father in a sleepy fishing village, occasionally he joins his father on his fishing boat, he probably has spent a majority of his life on the Seas, always looking for the Great White Whale like in the adventure novels that he loves so much and moves too, He just loves plain adventure and the thought of some great beasts and monsters out there excite him so much. He is a bit of a country kid but still good hearted and affable with that sort of rough charisma.
Raggle Fraggle

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 08:39:52 pm »

BD, I picked cardkind b4 you, that said I was going to aim for tarot style cards so maybe it could work
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 08:46:45 pm »

Eh, I'd prefer if we didn't have the same thing. I suppose I'll change it to something else more suitable to my character.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 08:51:19 pm »

GAH! Waitlist me!

-Name: Tom Oly
-Chumroll: imaginatoryOrigamist
-Sylladex modus: Origami Modus. Tom has to unfold a paper-ish specibus- each item is on a different fold.
-Kind Abstratus: Paperswordkind
-Preferred Title: Page of Mind
-Replacement Title: Mage of Heart
-Preferred Moon: Prospit.
-Associated Material: Paper. Barring that, wood, barring that, moonstone.
-Bio: His guardian is his older sister Leanne, a professional artist who inspired the roaring spirit of creativity that's in Tom. His hobbies are all usually related to his imagination- and he has a big one. His main hobbies are ORIGAMI, DRAWING, COMPUTER ART, and FILMING AMATEUR movies. (Though he's horrible at the last one). His typing quirk is that he always sarts and ends his posts with "folded paper", basically this: \/\/\
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:59:12 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13