Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New playstyle ideas: Prostitutes Crime Squad and Ironic Crime Squad  (Read 1396 times)

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello!

Bored with the game, and want to do something different? Well, here are two new ways of playing the game:

Prostitutes Crime Squad:

1) Apart from the founder, every LCS member must be a prostitute.

2) No sleepers.

3) Legal fundraising, brownies, credit card fraud and selling cars to the car dealer/items to the panw shop prohibited. (IE only prostitution/looting from the CEO safe/conservative bodies left for fundraising.)

Ironic Crime Squad:

Soft:

1) Only the founder and people specific to the locations (example: security guards for AM Radio/Cable News/garment maker, mercenaries at the CEO house, Corporate Managers in corporate buildings, police officers at the station and the courthouse, judges/lawyers at the courthouse...) are allowed to raid places.

2) Raid means doing anything to influence public opinion. Recruitement drives still allowed.

3) No sleepers.

4) Non raids activities allowed for everyone.

Hard:

Same except:

1) The founder doesn't raids.

2) Only raids allowed.

3) recruits may only be converted/enlightened conservatives.

What do you think?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: New playstyle ideas: Prostitutes Crime Squad and Ironic Crime Squad
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:55:01 am »

With the Ironic Crime Squad, what locations can Janitors raid?  They work at most locations, should the player be tasked with identifying where they each work upon recruitment, or are they generic?

In the Ironic Crime Squad, I'd also suggest allowing the player to keep anyone back at base for defense of the leader.  Even where squad recruits are required to be brainwashed, I'd still let the player recruit their full allotment just to defend the founder.

I had another playstyle idea: Weapons-By-Rank
Weapons are strictly limited by rank, and ranks are determined by how many levels of liberals are under each liberal.

Footsoldier: No liberals under liberal, Required Armament: Rifle, or Shotgun if rifle illegal, or Crowbar if shotgun illegal
Sergeant: One level of liberals under liberal (so that liberals under Sergent have no followers), Required Armament: SMG, or Heavy Machine Gun if you have it, or Heavy Pistol (DEagle or Magnum) if SMG is illegal, or Hammer, Axe, or Chain if Heavy Pistols are illegal
Officer: Two levels of liberals under liberal (some Sergents under liberal), Required Armament: Pistol, if pistol illegal, then knife
Commander: Three levels of liberals under liberal (some Officers under liberal), Required Armament: Sword of some type, CHARGE!

However, if a weapon is illegal and the squad has it, then it can still be equipped.  The player may also buy an illegal weapon to equip the squad, or otherwise acquire said weapons (so footsoldiers can always use rifles, but are not required to use rifles if all rifles are illegal).

I would also require that in order to fufill the follower requirement, each liberal needs at least two under them of the designated type.  So two Footsoldiers under each Sergeant, two Sergeants under each Officer, two Officers under each Commander.

My names for the ranks don't need to be used.  Admiralty ranks might be more appropriate, as the navy does not exist in LCS, and might be bitter about that.  :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 03:12:24 am »

I myself enjoy Literary Crime Squad. No non-writing-related activities allowed. Sometimes I hack to get new material, but mainly, we write and solicit donations. Suits are mandatory, of course. We write to newspapers until we've solicited enough to buy a press.

I presume that the donations from that point on are "pay what you want" prices for the liberal paper.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 03:13:20 pm »

I always liked Literal Crime Squad.
Literally, all you can do is send squads to do crimes.
It's hard as hell, but fun.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 03:32:19 pm »

Better name for the OP: Liberal Pimp Squad.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 07:51:43 pm »

I had another idea for LCS: Murder-By-Numbers

Under this system, each liberal can only go out on site actions during the day of the month that corresponds with their age.  So a 10-year-old liberal can only go out on the 10th day of the month.

Obviously you won't hire retirees under this system.