Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play East India Company!

(1/9) > >>

Lord Allagon:

--- Quote from:  Wikipedia ---The game is based on the history of European conquest of South Asia and Southeast Asia by means of their East India Companies. In the game, the player takes on the role of the Governor Director of the East Indies. The task is to conquer the East India and establish a trade empire to rule over all others.
East India Company features real-time naval combat when enemy ships engage the player's fleets, and real-time land combat when the enemy tries to invade one of the player's colonies. East India Company combines trading, naval warfare, and management. Players can create a fleet to conquer the enemy with powerful warships and privateers.
--- End quote ---
So, the objective is to make the other Trade Companies broke, conquer the Indian ports and keep them for 10 years, etc.
I'm playing with the 1.0 version, without anything weird (mods, stuff like that).
--------------------------------------
First we have to choose which Campaign will we play and which nation we shall be. I'd prefer if we play the Free Campaign (No goals and it's the longest one), but you're free to choose.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)EDIT: For campaigns there are the Free Campaign (150-year long, no goals), the Battle for Resources (50-year long, goal is capturing 4 Indian Ports and bringing back Trade Goods to your metropoli), the Struggle for Domination (50-year long, goal is to bankrupt the 3 other companies/Conquer the 12 Indian Ports), and the Grand Campaign (150-year long, goal is fulfilling the campaign missions).
For nations there is Britain, Portugal, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Denmark, The Holy Roman Empire and Sweeden.
Spoiler:  Votes so far (click to show/hide)Campaign:
Free Campaign : 2
Grand Campaign : 1
-------------
Britain: 2
Holy Roman Empire: 1 (I'm assuming EuchreJack wants it. Tell me if I'm wrong, however.)

Deadmeat1471:
Kewl, I'll be watching, it's my duty as a Britishman  :D

Do free campaign!

ansontan2000:
Posting to watch. I say free campaign, Britain.

EuchreJack:
I'm Pennsylvania Dutch, so go German!

If German isn't an option, I got a bit of the regular Dutch in me as well.

Lord Allagon:

--- Quote from: EuchreJack on December 08, 2011, 01:08:30 pm ---I'm Pennsylvania Dutch, so go German!

If German isn't an option, I got a bit of the regular Dutch in me as well.

--- End quote ---
Just edited to clear that up. There is the Holy Roman Empire, which is sort-of Germany, and Denmark. Which would you prefer? And what campaign mode? They're listed there as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version