Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's play Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht! - Moscow or Bust

(1/30) > >>

Seamas:
First of all, here's the link to the game website.  Panzer Corps is a turn based, hex-based strategy based on, you guessed it, WW2.  Specifically the vanilla version of the campaign game puts you at the helm of the German war machine.  I'm having an awful lot of fun with it so far.

http://www.slitherine.com/games/panzer_corps_pc

April 6th, 1941

So welcome to Sofia, Bulgaria, staff members.  Our current mission is to subjugate Greece.  This is a preliminary sideshow to the upcoming Operation Barbarossa (sshhh!) and this pesky thorn in our side must be eliminated before the campaign can open up on the Eastern front in proper.  The Italians have been trying, and failing miserably, to subdue the Greeks and Yugoslavs for some time now.  To bring about a swift end to this fiasco, our Panzer Corps has been deployed to the north of the Yugoslav border and our objectives lie to the south of us.  We must steamroll across these partisan yobs and raise our glorious banner in Athens (within about three weeks!) to please high command.

Fortunately, elements of our Panzer Corps have seen action already in Poland a year and half ago, as well as in the Low Countries and in France during the spring and summer of last year.  Many of our divisions not only proved their worth under fire but earned Iron Crosses of the 1st and 2nd classes, and lifted several heroic soldiers to notoriety.  We outclass our opponents in experience, that much is to be sure.

Unfortunately, our Italian and Bulgarian allies will be bogging us down with their inferior troops and dysfunctional warring ethic.  Let's hope they make themselves useful.  Ah-hem.

Here is the situation as it stands at daybreak of the 6th.  By the way, please do not track mud into the briefing room, we've just had these floors waxed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)It goes without saying our aircraft will be virtually useless until the weather subsides.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Our force is concentrated at the north end of this schematic.  Italians are situated at the west end of the big blue line.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Here's a close-up of the immediately relevant geography, and our Panzer Corps.  I've spared the details of the units for now, but as they become important, I will be sure to identify them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Here is the Italian expeditionary force that we're counting on to help us out...somehow.  They'll have to move eastwards to reach their objectives, through a gauntlet of entrenched Greek troops on the mountainsides.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)The Italians have been so kind as to lend us a large fleet, which will have to round the southern edge of Greece from the west to offer any aid in subjugating the port cities.  Luckily, I don't think we'll have much trouble with the Greek navy.  Those ship cannons are powerful indeed when used on land targets.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Last but not least, here are our reserve divisions.  These four infantry divisions are actually among our finest troops.  All four have earned Iron Crosses and have some heroes in their ranks, to boot.  The artillery is also experienced, and can be relied on to be deadly effective.  Especially those big guns... yow!

Well this concludes the preliminary briefing.  As you read this, our troops are already advancing into Greece under my orders to find the enemy lines and wait for further orders.  Our reconnaissance will be virtually nil until the rain subsides, but this gives us a good chance to get our columns into place before any enemy aircraft can strike.

(BTW, please let me know how I can improve the LP,  I'm rusty)  Tomorrow morning I'll have an update for you guys on what's happening so far.  It's nothing complicated yet.  I'll try and do an update for every turn of the game (which is a day in-game), meaning morning briefings.

Also, if anyone would like a division assigned to them, I'd be happy to list them here and keep you well-posted on your unit's condition and engagements as the battle progresses.  That includes air wings (we have two squadrons of BF109's and a Junkers Tac. Bomber as well.)  Oh, and if someone would like to take the navy, that would be cool too.

------------------------------------------------
Updated Dec 23 - Current Unit Assignments

26th Panzer Div. - NotAQuisling
23rd Fallschirmjagers - Elfeater
36th SS Grenadiers - Taricus
1st Fallschirmjagers - Monkeyhead
22nd Panzer Div - EuchreJack
16th Panzer Div. - Sheb
sfH-18 15cm Artillery Battalion - Simmura McCrea
2nd Wehrmacht Div. - Hanzoku
10th Grenadiers - JacenHanLovesLegos (previously DarkerDark: MIA)
13th Gebirsjagers - Hitty40
6th 105mm Artillery Battalion - DoomLard
3rd Cavalry Div. Amedeo Duca d'Aosta - PhantomSpaceMan

Delta Foxtrot is waiting for a recon unit.
The traitor Fishbreath is commanding the Bolshevik defense of Volkovysk.

Sheb:
Good LP so far. I'd like to take over one of the Tank unit.

Anvilfolk:
Posting to follow!

EuchreJack:
I hate to break this to you, but you could have gotten the predecessor of this game, Panzer General, for free.  From what I saw in the game trailer, only heroes are new.  I fail to see any improvement other than that.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, good luck.  I'll take a Panzer (tank) unit!

DarkerDark:
I played the Panzer General series to death back in the day!

I'll take a division of Grenadiers, preferably Mechanized, but I'll settle for Motorized if that's all we have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version