Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: C&C Generals 2. Made by Bioware, with the Frostbite 2 Engine and published by EA  (Read 8892 times)

Gotthard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude, it worked for AoE online, right?

right?

*cries*

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the official site:
Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

Shit game detected.

I was gonna post an excited "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED GOODS!" followed by a more serious post about how I was already pumped for this game. Then I noticed your post. Maps, I can handle. Units, okay. But entire factions? No. I'm gonna sit this one out until after a year after the game's release. So, time to kill my hype and get on with the show.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

What about the different 'factions' they added in CnC3:Kane Wreath? They count as factions right, and they were added in an expansion.

Also continuing you.

GOAN' UP.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about the different 'factions' they added in CnC3:Kane Wreath? They count as factions right, and they were added in an expansion.

Also continuing you.

GOAN' UP.
That was an expansion pack. This is EA style DLC, which is on the game disk with a hold_random_until_player_pays_extra=yes flag on half the content.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

From the official site:
Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

Shit game detected.

Combined with a video that showed absolutely nothing about the game...my enthusiasm has plummeted through the floor.

Sigh. At least it can't be worse than Tiberium Twilight....right?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I know I have to be sceptical about this but dammit I want to be hyped for another Generals game it's been a long time since we had a good spammy RTS game that doesn't drown itself in gimmicks and needless clutter.

Give me big tanks with bigger guns, a map with some destructable buildings and I'm set to go.

Also if they don't give me China I swear I will burn EA down to the ground, that and the cheesy live action cut scenes (although that is a trademark of the series so they would have to be crazy to get rid of that).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

From the official site:

Shit game detected.

I know that ripoff DLC is pretty much the state of gaming these days, but it still makes me sad to see them planning out all these 'extras' before the game is even released. It's one thing to cut things you maybe don't have time for, then release them later as DLC.... but this is pretty much them admitting they are leaving things out purposely to sell you later.

Combined with the fact it's almost certainly going to require origin.... and I'll pass.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Hope that it will be good: Check.
Probability of it being Origin-only: Quite high if EA's publishing.
Pre-planned DLC: Argh.

Total: :'(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

must get. just for more

Bomb truck, ready for dispatch x 300.
migrate to friend's base.
leave them there.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EA? pre-planned DLC (two years in advance holy sh--), built from a previously successful title?

LETS DROWN THEM IN FLAMES

seriously if I don't get my flame tank I will be severely upset.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

must get. just for more

Bomb truck, ready for dispatch x 300.
migrate to friend's base.
leave them there.

EA? pre-planned DLC (two years in advance holy sh--), built from a previously successful title?

LETS DROWN THEM IN FLAMES

seriously if I don't get my flame tank I will be severely upset.

Don't worry, you'll both be able to get what you want...

...if you pay extra $$$.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bleh nothing makes me more disgusted than DLC content...and DLC content 2 years in advance? no thank you...

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile

EA... I can't believe I ever bought anything from you... :-\
Screw you sh_tty big game companies.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the official site:

Shit game detected.

EA. DRM. $40 expansions and/or $20 DLC.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

The funny thing is that as a consumer, there's no longer any way for us to disincentivise this unhealthy business practice.

If we decide not to buy the game or the DLC because of their choices, they'll just blame piracy or some other random bullshit. And they'll keep repeating this stupid business decisions until the market crashes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4