Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: C&C Generals 2. Made by Bioware, with the Frostbite 2 Engine and published by EA  (Read 8891 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Found an IGN interview with the devs here.

From the sounds of it, they actually mean what they say by "going back to the roots." They're promising an equal focus on SP and MP, PC only, and a "return to roots."

A lot of it is hype, and they revealed that they do their cutscenes in-game: meaning that the trailer they showed off was probably a scripted cutscene, and we might not see shit like that in-game. I'm wary after tiberium twilight, gonna wait to see.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they revealed that they do their cutscenes in-game: meaning that the trailer they showed off was probably a scripted cutscene, and we might not see shit like that in-game.

As far as I recall, the original generals did all their cutscenes using the in-game engine as well, so this is just a continuation of tradition. Unfortunately I remember Generals as kind of... scare-mongering for an RTS. I wonder how well it will be received today.

And since it is being billed as 'progressive expanding' with DLC, I probably will not be buying it, even though I really liked Generals.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

Published by EA? No thanks.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile

And it's not really made *by* Bioware. It's just EA trolling everyone and calling all their studios Bioware *something*. They're trying to use the brand as a mean to sell more and appeal to you.

No thanks. >:(

Edit: More info from Kotaku
Quote from: Kotaku
How? When people think "BioWare", they think of the Canadian developer behind games like Mass Effect and the Baldur's Gate series. A studio that takes great pride in its story-telling and how it can draw a player into a fictional world that feels as rich and immersive as the real one.

Since BioWare was bought by EA a few years back, though, that brand strength has been thinned a little. Not by bad games, necessarily (though Dragon Age II isn't helping), but by mere fact the name has been diluted, as EA turned one internal studio after another into an offshoot of the BioWare "brand".

Take Command & Conquer: Generals 2, for example. EA says it's a "BioWare" game, but really, it's being developed by the same studio responsible for the last few Command & Conquer games. Those games didn't do that well, especially the woeful Command & Conquer 4, so in changing the name on the door to read "BioWare" instead of "EA", the publisher is obviously hoping to trade off a little of the goodwill associated with the former while distancing themselves from the reputation of the latter.

Would you believe there are now eight individual video game developers known as BioWare? Eight! There's the original team in Alberta, Canada. There's BioWare Victory. There's BioWare Austin, where Old Republic is in development. There's BioWare Mythic, BioWare Ireland and BioWare San Francisco. There's BioWare Montreal. There's even BioWare Sacramento, which is...a social game developer.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:18:22 am by Meta »
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Published by EA? No thanks.

As I much as I hate EA I feel I should point out that command and conquer games have been controlled by EA since Red Alert2. Only Tiberian dawn, tiberian sun and red alert 1 were completely westwood games. After red alert 2 westwood ceased to exsit and EA took over completely.

Also I'm really not excited for this game, generals was always boring, I really wish they didnt completely screw up the Tiberian games or make red alert 3 so over the top and camp.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

Oh cool, the fake Bioware (Bioware Victory) is the same people responsible for EA's critical flop Medal of Honor reboot  8) They used to have a lot of Westwood staff, but most of their better staff left when the studio was still called 'EA Los Angeles' in favor of joining Petroglyph.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

What I want to know: Is Frank Klepacki going to be doing any composition for it? I'm pretty sure he didn't do any work on the previous Generals title, so I don't think this new title would have any hold on him at all. And even if he did, I'm probably still not buying it just because I've been playing these games long enough to know I suck too much at RTS's in general to plop money down on it. I'd just like to hear new compositions from him for a C&C game.

(I'm rather eagerly awaiting tracks from the End of Nations game he's been composing for...)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I just jizzlejazzed in my pants.
edit; or at least I thought I did
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:56:04 pm by Dutchling »

zekiel321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I actually nervous for Bioware. They never created a bad game ever in my opinion. Dragon Age 2 wasn't that bad really. I hope this turns out to be great cause I did like the original a lot.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile

@zekiel: read the previous posts, it's not really made by Bioware...
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly wish companies would just leave these old rts series in peace.

Dear big money grabbing publishers stop runing my childhood memories of Tiberian Sun/Red Alert and Age of Kings(reference to aoe online) please!!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4