Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Call of Magic - Roll to be a Mage.  (Read 7346 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
The Call of Magic - Roll to be a Mage.
« on: December 11, 2011, 07:07:55 am »

Introduction
This RTD is mainly focused around magic, and mages. But there are many different types of mages... There's that one wizard who stays, secluded in his/her tower, conducting experiments and observing the world to attain the perfect Magecraft. Or there's the student, partaking in classes to learn The Arts, sharing his/her findings and developing them with his/her colleagues. Then there is the Wild Mage, one raised in tune with the natural field of Magic, able to perform extremely powerful yet random and dangerous feats of Sorcery.

The amount of different types of magic are varied, but they each fall under certain categories. These, collectively, are referred to as 'The Arts of Magecraft', 'Magecrafts' or 'The Arts' for short. Some may know them as the Schools of Magic, others may know them by other names, but they are generally the same the world over, and then some.

Whichever way you choose, This world is yours to live and die in.

Try not to go too insane.

Spoiler: The Arts of Magecraft (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mana Field (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Call of Magic - Roll to be a Mage.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:08:23 am »

Players

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Schilcote (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Waiting List

• Ultimuh
  • Fergus
  • Micelus
  • Superior_Tomato
  • IronyOwl
  • Antlion12

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:46:25 pm by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:09:11 am »

Reserved for Other Stuff.

What more do you need?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:09:59 am »

Dibs on a spot!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:44:35 am by Ultimuh »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:13:31 am »

Spoiler: Name: Oza Al'Alasi (click to show/hide)

-FINISHED :P -
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:04:27 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:15:29 am »

Name: Aniva
Description: Tall and muscular like most lupines, Aniva wears the regalia of a tribe shaman, blue and brown cloth, complimenting her grey fur. Contrary to thy e belief of many that lupines are basically just beasts, she is well groomed and almost always clean. 
Personality wise: While she can speak very well, she prefers not to, as speaking prevents listening, she prefers to think things through before acting and is shy around humans, because of their stereotypes about her kind.
History: She was a hunter in her tribe, not the best one, but not the worst either. This was until her magic manifested it's self, fortunately it was to heal an injured hunting companion, instead of anything disastrous. This put her as next in line to be the tribe's shaman, unfortunately the current shaman was jealous of her having actual magic, and attempted to kill her, she protected herself from him, and as a result became the shaman aged onley 15 years.
Style: Instinctual
School: Bioturgy
Standing: Tribal Shaman
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:57:10 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:42 am »

I'll let those who said they were interested on roller's block to take the spots, but I'd like in on the waitlist. I'll make a character sheet later.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 07:21:09 am »

By the way.. are there any speciffic noble houses? Or can I just create/name one?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 07:22:07 am »

Mr Tomato, I said I wanted in, but can't make a sheet for 3-4 hours, do you want my spot and I'll go on the waitlist?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 07:24:15 am »

Dwarmin, you're breakin my system! D:

Plus, your 'Hex Magic' would be a form of Demonology. The way you describe it is more like Sorcery and Demonology. Plus, Transmutation would fall under Alteration, it isn't it's own school...

Ultimuh, there are but I haven't thought of them yet. >.> <.< in other words, feel free.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 07:40:45 am »

Before Finishing I Basically want to see what everyone else is doing, will probably change my magic too depending
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:12 am »

Ok, I am having trouble with history my character's.. no idea what to put there...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:41 am »

@Wolf: I'm taking Alteration.

@Talarion: Check my completed sheet now. I was looking for something a tad less suicidal than Demonology. :P

Oza makes deals-he doesn't force beings to do what he wants, or summon them against their will, and he only deals with evil spirits in desperation.

Basically, Chaotic Good Warlock.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 08:08:00 am »

Don't think I want to miss this one. I can be active once a day generally, which I hope is enough for this RP.

Name: Masuki Mizushima
Description: Fit young man with short, ruffled blonde hair. Ontop of a black tunic, wears a leather vest and gauntlets, whilst wielding a San Dao.
Masuki's a strong willed and focussed individual when he needs to be, with a strategic mind. He prefers to think one or two steps ahead of his opponant to find the killing blow rather than just battering them till they give. On the road, he's lighthearted and welcoming; always the first to placate someone and easily prefers to settle things without conflict. He also never gives up, though he knows the difference between surrendering and yielding.
History: Masuki grew up with two loving parents. They lived modestly but comfortably, selling pottery and hunted meat, and enjoyed what they had. However, when a couple of bandits raided the home and killed his parents, Masuki was left at 5 years old to fend for himself. He was taken in by the Silver Eye, whom Masuki's dad had worked for in the past. They brought him up and trained him before discovering he had mage abilities. Now, Masuki is old enough to take on his own jobs rather than simply aiding someone else's. He is without formal mage teaching apart from the mages that come and go in the Silver Eye, which makes him less sure of his abilities.
Style: Sorcery
School: Mentality
Standing: A Mercenary in the Silver Eye. The Arts have not noted him as a mage yet.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:20 am »

Ultimuh, put any significant/defining moments or events in your characters life, their early childhood, magus training/research etc.

Dwarmin, I'm still going to treat you as a Sorceror. Except instead of corruption rolls when you fail, it'll be pertaining to your body. Specifically, loss of control over said body. >:3 EDIT: Also, Dwar-man (lol), all magic is suicidal. Eventually.

By the way, I'm going to announce this once. I am not a nice GM.
At least, I won't be. I usually am fairly forgiving... But I told myself when I made this 'No, I'm going to be a hard GM. Horrible fates bestowed upon my players are now funny, things to be encouraged, not shied away from.' SO that's how it is. Y'all've been warned.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:23:03 am by Talarion »

What more do you need?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6