Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Call of Magic - Roll to be a Mage.  (Read 7349 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Call of Magic - Roll to be a Mage.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 08:25:26 am »

@Talarion: At least you can still have fun tormenting my character, then. :P

Also, if anyone else wants to take Transmutation as a special, I'd be fine to take Divination instead.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 08:47:15 am »

Oh, just curious, but... What in the nine hells is a San Dao?!?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 08:48:42 am »

Ultimuh, put any significant/defining moments or events in your characters life, their early childhood, magus training/research etc.

Thing is.. my creativity has run dry..

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 08:48:50 am »

Name: Garza Vilnar
Description: Garza is an average build but he has strong arm muscles he has black short hair a small moustache and a small goatee he also has a black tattoo of a hand on his left cheek.

Garza is willing to wait a long time before even getting slightly annoyed but if you make him angry he will remember your name and what you look like before possibly killing you. he also has a very good eye for spotting things that others may not notice.  From his mage practice he is very logical and calculating waiting for anything at any time because he knows just because it happens rarely it still happens and he will prefer a more diplomatic approach first.

History:Garza grew up in a small village on the plains called Rook-wood. He worked as a local blacksmith. During a bandit raid he discovered that he was able to use magic when he thought about getting his blade to his surprise one glowing red like it was fresh from the forge. He tried picking it up but it was to hot when his thoughts turned to killing the bandit approaching his store the blade shot out hitting the bandit in the chest. when the bandits were driven back he went to study with the local mage learning more now he wields a small armory in his mind. When the old wizard passed away a few years later the black hand mercenaries were recruiting he joined looking for action. He got his cheek tatoo when he joined however he left after a year seeking his own goals and honor

Style:Sorcery
School:Conjuration

Standing: Black hand mercenary,Rookwood villager,Slight mage training

well done time to see what madness unfolds. Put me in where you have room starting is preferred
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:59:33 pm by antlion12 »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 08:49:03 am »

Name: Clangolothep
Description: Eight feet tall, made of iron. Slightly rusty in patches. Body is able to heal, but much more slowly than a human's. Very logical and stoic, though capable of weak emotion. Speaks in monotone, and uses simple sentences when speaking. Imbued with a strong sense of justice and morality; definitely a Good Guy.
History: Clangolothep (Clang for short) is a golem, created by an ancient people to... do something. Maybe build things. No one knows how he was constructed with the ability to cast, or even the ability to think on the level he does. Clang recently awoke from a deep sleep in a temple deep underwater, having to dig through miles of sand and walking along the ocean's bottom for four years. He does not remember any events from before the deep sleep, but he did retain his magical experience and name, as well as some of the engineering knowledge of his lost civilization. He is gifted with constructing machines, especially those that merge the magical and mechanical arts. He recently built himself an underground "inverted tower" deep within the woods, and this is his current place of residence. He spends most of his time studying texts and making additions to his inverted tower.
Style: Sorcery
School: Conjuration
Standing: Scholarly Mage

Mean GM, huh? Sounds like fun.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:56:21 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 08:56:34 am »

Is it still possible for someone utterly new to RTD's to join in? (me)

If so, reserving this post for a character sheet  :D

EDIT:
@Dwarmin: GM that shows no mercy hm? Well, I guess I have a head start in learning RTD's then. No pain no gain!...

Spoiler: Character Sheet! (click to show/hide)

Done. Hope its alright, have no mercy on me, ready to learn.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:56:39 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 08:57:39 am »

Well, yes...

as warned though, the GM will show you no mercy. So you should be prepared for that.  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 08:58:16 am »

The most !!FUN!! part about this RTD already, deciding who goes on the wait-list. This has already garnered interest from an amount of people nearly double my normal player base. Methinks I will actually have to try and devote to this, just because of that @_@

Tiruin, why the hell not. The more the merrier, as they say...

Why is this so merry? D:
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 08:59:40 am »

The most !!FUN!! part about this RTD already, deciding who goes on the wait-list. This has already garnered interest from an amount of people nearly double my normal player base. Methinks I will actually have to try and devote to this, just because of that @_@

Why is this so merry? D:

Just in case you don't know who I am, I'm Schilcote, and you probably shouldn't put me on the waiting list because I'm awesome.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 09:01:34 am »

I've a feeling of impending doom. Are there any ways of judgement if someone does wrong as a mage like a trial or an ordeal?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 09:05:41 am »

I know perfectly well who you are, Schilcote, but do you know who I am?

Some random guy who does not accept the act or claim of being 'awesome' as a reason or excuse.

You shall be assigned placement through sheer logic! Or something like that.

Tiruin, they would probably be dealt with by the local Noble, or the Triumvirate if the crime is severe enough... Though for petty wrongdoings there are Magi dedicated to upholding the law, utilizing Divination to discover such petty criminals.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:29:06 am by Talarion »

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 09:09:11 am »

@Talarion: I was actually thinking of taking Divination instead of Alteration, but I would need to know more about it. I mean, information gathering is fun...for a role playing sense.

What I'm sayin is, do both schools it have the same self destructive potential? What fun things can you do to me with it?

:P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 09:11:24 am »

IN! WAIT! CRAP! *Scrolls back up and reads all posts he missed in a wild panic*
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:14:18 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 09:26:12 am »

Hmm Divination is a tricky one. If you screw up Divination, it turns out bad for you. You get wrong information, or even worse, sensory overload. Whereas if you screw up Alteration you utterly screw over whatever you're Altering. Sadly I can't directly screw over your character, but if you start failing a lot, you'll want to stay away from anything that can mess with your head, because your Nature Spirit will constantly be pushing to get in. A.k.a Mental Defence = Lowered.

What was the question, again? D:

Not seriously asking, just trying to convey that I am both tired and a rambler. I will probably make less sense than usual at the moment.

What more do you need?

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 09:32:27 am »

You shall be assigned placement through sheer logic! Or something like that.

In all seriousness, though, you should probably just roll the dice to decide which order people get accepted in. Or just accept everyone.

If you wanted to, you could try to judge the RPing quality of your prospective players and put them in that order, but from my experience I can tell you that that's probably not going to work.

EDIT:

Tiruin: You may want to join up for Netland too (you can find the thread by clicking the second quote in my sig), I'm always willing to accept a newbie player, and you won't be waiting long.

EDIT:

I know perfectly well who you are, Schilcote, but do you know who I am?

Wait, does that mean I'm Internet Famous now?

YUS!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:37:30 am by Schilcote »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6