Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 80692 times)

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V3.7 - Less crashing more metals
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »

Nice to see this mod is still alive!
I have nothing more to add.. I, AM, ALIVE!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 15, 2013, 01:47:12 am »

Nice to see this mod is still alive!
I have nothing more to add.. I, AM, ALIVE!
I did say i was waiting for the next df :P
After all... Not a lot of features I can add without being very liberal about the lore.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2013, 11:48:44 am »

I finally made an intersting pocket world.

I took this mod, put it with another for a total of 18 races t possibly gen in a world set to only one civ with one city. In this case, it was Nevrean, and the city lasted till 188 before everyone died except a were-fox and a were-dear in their lairs.

the last person to die in the town itself was a flyer vampire killed by a cyclops, and it actually says the world is available for fortress mode still.

I can give anyone a copy if they want.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 31, 2013, 12:14:08 pm »

I finally made an intersting pocket world.

I took this mod, put it with another for a total of 18 races t possibly gen in a world set to only one civ with one city. In this case, it was Nevrean, and the city lasted till 188 before everyone died except a were-fox and a were-dear in their lairs.

the last person to die in the town itself was a flyer vampire killed by a cyclops, and it actually says the world is available for fortress mode still.

I can give anyone a copy if they want.

Does it say what civs are left? it should be an interesting read in legends mode too, feel free to toss the link over :D

again, i'm just waiting till the next df version to update the mod to 4.0 unless a bugfix needs to happen and such. so things to talk about here are nice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:16:34 pm by darklord92 »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 31, 2013, 03:24:51 pm »

it was set to only one city and only 1 civ in the first place. the city died in world gen, but it did not enter the age of emptiness due to two nevrean were-beast and many mythical creatures still alive.

And how do I give you the save? it also have another mod in with it.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 31, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8266 where it is. did I upload it right? and its two mods in it n total, Vilous and the Dragonic civilizations one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:44:48 pm by Zavvnao »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 23, 2014, 09:38:59 pm »

and also, what are the raws for the zess curse now? I am asking as I liked the deity curse where someone was still part of a civ and living there.

or is it not in the new version?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 27, 2014, 12:19:04 pm »

and also, what are the raws for the zess curse now? I am asking as I liked the deity curse where someone was still part of a civ and living there.

or is it not in the new version?

I removed the original curse due to it crashing( because i suck at writing interactions ) however I can try to make up a new one for you if you want?

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 27, 2014, 07:22:43 pm »

you do not have to. I was just asking how it was as it made me think of things to mod for myself is all.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 28, 2014, 02:01:53 am »

I mean, I was not asking about a return of that, I was just interested in the mechanics and stuff more actually. like when a critter is turned while married, where the kids they had before or after the transformation, if any at all?

its more out of curiosity about mechanics of the game.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 29, 2014, 09:22:55 pm »

I mean, I was not asking about a return of that, I was just interested in the mechanics and stuff more actually. like when a critter is turned while married, where the kids they had before or after the transformation, if any at all?

its more out of curiosity about mechanics of the game.

While I believe children remain their original species, i am unsure if transformation from one sentient to another breaks the system or merely treats them as infertile after. df breeds through spores pretty much, except with married critters that can only use "spores" from their partner, and when i say spores i mean they are just on the same map as each other. I am aware however that all previous mentions of the turned creature are handled retro actively, so if you look in legends he or she will always be referred to as what they transformed into regardless of how far back you go.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 30, 2014, 01:57:30 am »

Thank you. and like I said, there where two dwarves in one civ cursed like that and they had over 53 children most still living. XD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 31, 2014, 10:43:28 pm »

In worldgen at least it doesn't seem to affect fertility, because the night creatures themselves can become quite numerous. Perhaps there's a way to figure out the viability of interaction-cursed creatures in fortress mode...

[edit]

Yeah, dwarves turned into animals can reproduce (I (permanently) turned a woman into a female domestic animal and a few months later she gave birth to offspring of the species she was transformed into.)
Since the transformation doesn't imply loss of fertility in and of itself, I think it's safe to assume that sentient creatures turned into other sentient creatures will also still be fertile. In all likelihood they'd still have to marry before reproducing, and if they were married prior to the transformation and their spouse wasn't also transformed, they probably wont be having any new children. Maybe a pregnancy that began before the transformation could come to term, but new pregnancies probably won't.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:31:26 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 01, 2014, 06:46:33 pm »

In worldgen at least it doesn't seem to affect fertility, because the night creatures themselves can become quite numerous. Perhaps there's a way to figure out the viability of interaction-cursed creatures in fortress mode...

[edit]

Yeah, dwarves turned into animals can reproduce (I (permanently) turned a woman into a female domestic animal and a few months later she gave birth to offspring of the species she was transformed into.)

thank you, I would like to do deity curses myself that affect populations that way jsut a super tiny bit.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V3.7.001 - YAY github :D ?
« Reply #434 on: April 20, 2014, 05:25:04 pm »

SO uh... to prove this is not dead I guess! We have a github now feel free to fork and mess with your own ideas I'm always happy to implement new stuff, fixes, and better organization! Link is in the first post as well as here. Currently we have a Master branch update for each major version, and an experimental branch to mess about with new ideas and potential changes.

https://github.com/darklord92/Vilous_Mod
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31