Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 3: Once a Saint ...  (Read 26055 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 05:21:12 pm »

Hide in such a manner that he cant see you but you can see him.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic - Update 3: Being of Darkness
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 09:33:38 pm »

You decide to hide, and see how things turn out, so you stand up, and pull a small curtain of vines all the way around the tree house, which was more like a small wooden platform with a stone depression for small fires during the colder months. Once that is done you sit down, and watch the man draw closer until he is nearly right beneath, but just before he reaches the wooden platform he stops, and the air suddenly turns to a heat beyond words, like a prickling fire licking at the palm of your hands, but the pain would never arrive. This heat was different though, it seemed cold some how, like it was some form of malice striking at a place of hope.

As you watched a twisted form detached itself from the shadows on the opposite side of the road. It was a hulking figure twice the size of the tallest man, but it was not human for its upper body was a massive blob of darkened flesh with two arms protruding out halfway down the creature's body. Its arms were vaguely humanoid with a shaft of char-black bone protruding from its elbows until reaching a point, and its hands were like that of an over-sized eagle. But none of that was the most disturbing for its eyes were slits of a deep black them seemed to want to suck in everything it saw with a light flickering, predatory sheen contained within.

It advanced towards the Magi who seemed to be frozen in fear. You tried to yell out, but your voice was swallowed up by the heavy air, and your limbs felt like pure lead as you tried to turn in run. Thoughts streamed through your head as you were filled with terror. What  could you do to save the man, and escape with your life ?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 11:15:29 pm »

Hm... well... this guy is a mage... If we distract it he might be able to deal with it... throw the vine-curtain on it! that should net/stun it for a bit...
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:59 pm »

Thinking quickly you use all your willpower to rip the curtain of vines, and toss it at the creature, but just as it leaves you hands it bursts into flames, and slowly falls to the ground where it becomes a pile of ash. The being turns to face you, and your frozen in place by the sheer terror it radiates towards you. The platform around you slowly becomes hot as flames lick at the edge, and slowly eat away at it until only a small island remains of the sturdy wooden structure that once stood there. Just as fear consumes you, and you believe death is near you black out as everything becomes a never-ending blackness.

Replacing the terrifying sight of your impending death is a tall figure cloaked in a cloth that seemed to be the very essence of shadows. To the left of the figure stood a pedestal upon which a book thicker than all those you had ever seen combined stood, its leather was scarred, and nicked all over, but the gold lettering of the title was ever present as you looked between the shadowy figure, and the pedestal. The figure stepped forward towards you, and its voice emanated from the darkness beneath its cowl as it said "Hello, Katrin. I figured you would arrive here soon enough my child. All of your kind appear here in time."

"What was he talking about ? My kind? What kind is that?" you thought as you stared at the figure before you. What could you possibly say to this being?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 05:16:52 pm »

Ask: "By my kind do you mean mortals, or what?"
Soaplent green is goblins!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 11:33:02 pm »

SO you all agree with EveryZig's course of action? You can input multiple questions if you wish the figure just may not answer all of them.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 11:36:41 pm »

Agree with other question. also:

"Where is here?"

"Who are you"

"What happened to the BLOODY FLAMING PLATFORM?"
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 01:04:45 am »

Ask: "By my kind do you mean mortals, or what?"

Agree with other question. also:

"Where is here?"

"Who are you"

"What happened to the BLOODY FLAMING PLATFORM?"

Agree with both of these.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 03:50:58 pm »

"Who are you?" you ask the figure as he stands ever still in that dark depressing darkness. His head tilts slightly as if he is trying to get rid of an annoying crick before he says "I am the Keeper of Magic, Creator of Magic, and, as your kind have come to call them, Father of the Magi. This darkness is my domain, and my prison, it is the price I must pay for gifting you, and my other children this power. I have given the Magi the ability to use the divine, and demonic energies that flow from this world, which in itself is a God. Thus for giving you these abilities I have been banished, so taht I may not interfere with my children's lives. I can only give you the ability to use magic, and that is all my child."

He let out a sigh, and took a deep breath, you could tell he felt pain, but for what you did not know. "And what happened to where I was?" you ask after several minuts of silence. He shifts his head once again before answering "I have taken you from that place for a time. You will gain the power to save your own life, and that of your fellow Magi with the power you will soon unleash, but first I must tell you the basics of magic, so that you do not fall to the evils that it holds."

"What would you like to learn first my child?

a) The Laws of Magic
b) The Ways of Magic
c) The Truth of Magic

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 03:57:11 pm »

Who cares for the laws and ways.

The truth is all that matter.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 04:07:02 pm »

The laws hold no interest, for what can be achieved in ignorance is astonishing for all to behold. Show us the ways.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:07:40 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 05:04:10 pm »

Wouldn't both the laws and ways be a subset of truth, if they are true?

If by truth you mean the true nature of magic, I think it would be better to find that using the laws under which magic operates, rather than visa versa.
Soaplent green is goblins!

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 05:17:31 pm »

Show us the laws. We are subject to them, even in ignorance, and you cannot manipulate what you do not know.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 06:42:45 pm »

I'll give you guys one more hours to decide before I update. Also for truth I mean the origin, meaning, desire, etc of magic.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 12:34:40 am »

Show us the Ways.

The Law is important, but without knowledge of it, we can explore its boundaries, and our own, with more fluidity.

the Truth is ephemeral, and kinda usleless in the here and now without the knowledge of how to use it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18