Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 3: Once a Saint ...  (Read 25743 times)

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 12:53:14 am »

Actually, I've changed my mind, we should find out about all of them, first The Ways, then The Laws and then The Truth. How to use magic, how it woks and why it exists.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic; Update 4 - The Way of Magic
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 02:41:28 pm »

"I would like to know the ways of magic." you reply, and for some reason the being laughs upon hearing those words.

"Very few Magi ever ask to know the Ways of Magic my child. The Way of Magic is to create, or change something, because of this the destruction of an object completely becomes a task that only those connected deeply to the magic of the world can do. The Way of Magic is to follow its wielder's orders, but magic is very unwieldy, it seemingly does strange things that even the caster can not comprehend." He says, and all the while figures appear in front of you, a tall man fighting an entire army alone, a group of magic fighting beasts so disturbing your mind tries to evade remembrance, and many others.

As the last image fades from view he continues "The Way of Magic is unique in the fact that Magic has no way, it does what it does, and I alone know the reason for this. Now my child it is time step up to the book, and place your hand on the book. Once this is done I want you to think of what you would do if you could wield the power of magic."

With that you step forward, and place your hand on the book, but a thought comes to your mind.

"What would I do with magic?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2011, 02:50:44 pm »

There is an image in your head, of a bubble the world is in. You see yourself, in the bubble. Everyone you know, everyone you can see or touch, is inside the sphere. And so much more, there are cities, there are oceans. You seek out everything in the bubble until there is none left to seek The world is in the sphere but all look inwards. You look out, and reach. And you escape. And you see billions upon billions of spheres glistening in the void. You reach out to them, and you find wonder. And eventually, you find yourself staring into your hands, and you form a bubble of your own. It is good.

I would learn until there is no more to learn. To see everything, to know everything, to understand, everything in this world and beyond. And then I would create.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 06:21:59 pm »

You see a tree, a massive wooden pillar that stretches from heaven to earth, and beneith it to the myriad underworlds below. You see the spirits which flow under the bark of the tree, the boundless energy within it, and the surety that through this path, should the walking be successful, the secrets of Life and Death will become yours to wield, whether it to be for your own power and control, or the safety and life of all around you.

You will walk the border of Life and Death, through your magic becoming in a way a resident of both realms, capable of feats beyond the means of mere mortals. You will become Eternal, unmarred by time or blade, a Paragon of the Borders of the world.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 06:41:34 pm »

Dangit >.>, It's impossible to choose one of your suggestions.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 06:52:48 pm »

You see a tree, a massive wooden pillar that stretches from heaven to earth, and beneith it to the myriad underworlds below. You see the spirits which flow under the bark of the tree, the boundless energy within it, and the surety that through this path, should the walking be successful, the secrets of Life and Death will become yours to wield, whether it to be for your own power and control, or the safety and life of all around you.

You will walk the border of Life and Death, through your magic becoming in a way a resident of both realms, capable of feats beyond the means of mere mortals. You will become Eternal, unmarred by time or blade, a Paragon of the Borders of the world.

I'm putting my vote in with this one, if that helps.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 07:00:10 pm »

Nuuuuuuuu!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 07:00:58 pm »

I'll give it another hour for Derm's sanity :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 07:02:25 pm »

Wha? Oh no, that's long gone. This is more for my Ego. Also  magic in SPAAAAAAAACE!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2011, 07:07:30 pm »

Wha? Oh no, that's long gone. This is more for my Ego. Also  magic in SPAAAAAAAACE!
I just want to see if it'll come back :P Otherwise our character may end up summoning ever Eldritch Abomination, and Horror imaginable. Derm would end up making Cthulu look like a puppy dog you want to take home ...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 07:10:19 pm »

I wish I didn't literally fill up my 500 character sig.

There we go.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:23:50 pm by dermonster »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 07:43:38 pm »

o.O I got sigged (Damnit Gatleos that sounds, so bad now)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic; Update 5 - A Path Decided?
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 11:40:50 pm »

Suddenly the thought comes to you "You see a tree, a massive wooden pillar that stretches from heaven to earth, and beneith it to the myriad underworlds below. You see the spirits which flow under the bark of the tree, the boundless energy within it, and the surety that through this path, should the walking be successful, the secrets of Life and Death will become yours to wield, whether it to be for your own power and control, or the safety and life of all around you."

With that our hand falls from the book as if pushed by an invisible hand, and its cover flies open as pages rattle by. After several minutes the rustling stops, and the book comes to rest on a blank page. The page is slowly filled with color, figures, and writing. The page shows a crescent moon, a star, a crown, a staff, and a book. Below the images it reads 'The sun, and moon shall rise together before the one with the broken crown, and the crushed staff. As they meet in the sky the book shall be revealed, and knowledge will arrive.'

The figure sweeps over to the pedestal, and looks at the page, you have a feeling he is smiling as he says "This is quite interesting my child, very interesting indeed. Your future will be a mysterious one as their are many things that can change, but your time here grows closer to its end my child, and you will soon return to your world. If there is anything you wish to ask do, so now my child for we will not meet for many years to come." Is there anything else to ask him?

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 11:44:38 pm »

"How exactly do we use magic?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 11:48:24 pm »

"Any possibility of being less cryptically vague? Or is this one of those 'You got to learn it yourself to get the full impact' kinda deals?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18