Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Skyrim Commentary-less Let's Play - You Design my Character!

(1/5) > >>

Crustypeanut:
As the title suggestions, I will be soon starting my first evah Let's Play, with Skyrim as the game featured.   The videos will lack commentary as I sadly do not own a mic.  Perhaps I'll get one of you guys to do voice-over commentary after I shoot the videos... or use voice bubbles in the video itself.

Anyways, for the character I'm going to be playing, I want you guys to decide how I'm going to design him.  You'll get to vote on his race, "Primary Skill", five "Major Skills", and his overall attitude.

The game itself will be played entirely on Master difficulty and I will be avoiding savescumming for things such as death of followers, getting caught doing illegal stuff, and anything of that sort - except dying, which I will save scum for, although I will not be saving every 5 steps.  Instead, I'll save at the entrance of every new area I enter, or after doing something particularly important (i.e, killin' a dragon).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I want everyone to vote on:

Race - I'm willing to do any of the races, although I will be playing a male character.

Primary Skill - This is going to be his main skill that drives him.  Any skill is acceptable, but some will be much, much harder to play than others. 

Five "Major Skills" - These will be the five skills I'll be using on a day to day basis and actually be putting perks in, as well as the primary skill.  Again, anything will do.  All other skills not chosen I will NOT be putting perks in under any circumstances, although I'll still use them from time to time on an as-needed basis.

General theme / idea - Do I be a steal-anything-who-gives-a-crap-about-the-law type of person, or a more honor-bound warrior? This is from a more roleplaying perspective.  Come up with something interesting, rather than the two ideas I listed above..

-----------------

Here is an example of what this would look like, using my current character (Seen in the link below) as an example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMymsGpzj50&feature=youtu.be

Race: Orc
Primary Skill: Smithing
Major Skills: Enchanting, Heavy Armor, One-Handed Weapons, Restoration, Block
Theme: Orc Blacksmith, who focuses heavily on making the best weapons and armor, and then selling them.  Also knows how to use what he makes.. and has a fondness for killing dragons.  He also believes that he's become 'old' and thus wants to die - but not by some random traveller like his peers (you know who I'm talking about).  Instead, he wants to go out in a blaze of glory to which Bards will sing tales of him for ages to come.  He came to Skyrim in order to join in the civil war, but now believes that by fighting dragons he'll find the end he's looking for.   

agentorangesoda:
Race: Redguard
Primary Skill: One-Handed Weapons
Major Skills: Block, Heavy Armor, Archery, Alchemy, Conjuration

Redguard sellsword searching Skyrim for his wife's murderer. He suffers from hallucinations after witnessing her murder, and often claims to see daedra attacking his enemies and his weapons seem to shift into purple masses in front of his very eyes. He has developed an addiction to Skooma upon realizing that it is the only thing that can stop the hallucinations.

Xanatos Jr.:
Race: Breton
Primary Skill: Conjuration
Major Skills: Enchanting, Block, Alteration, Heavy Armor, Smithing
Theme: Son of a noble, his family was killed by the Dark Brotherhood, him only surviving due to a thief who had broken in just as he was about to be killed in his sleep. The thief was not very skilled, entering by smashing a window, and had alerted the guards, who chased off the assassin and arrested the thief. Ever since, he has been extremely paranoid, learning skills to protect himself. He flees High Rock, into the neighbouring Province of Skyrim.

Crustypeanut:
Agent - Sounds good, although skooma is dreadfully hard to come by in Skyrim..

Xana - Sounds like he'd want to do anything possible to kill the Dark Brotherhood..

Gonna toss an idea out myself:

Race: Imperial

Primary Skill: Illusion

Major Skills: Speechcraft, Pickpocket, Alteration, Alchemy, Lockpicking, Sneak

Theme: Imperial Bard.  Avoids combat whenever possible, instead choosing to worm his way out of fighting, sneak past it, or use his extensive knowledge of manipulating the mind to cause enemies to back down or turn against each other, either by using poisons or illusions.  Also is willing to hire mercenaries to serve as a meat shield, assisting them with his spells by healing them or disabling the enemy, but in the end more interested in saving his own ass than preserving theirs.  Seeks out areas of ancient lore, particularly in the form of rare books or artifacts.  Has a slightly skewed idea of what is 'right' and 'wrong', and thus is perfectly willing to do unlawful acts if he considers them necessary to his goals.  Also loves to cook exotic meals and drink copious amounts of alcohol.

Trapezohedron:
Race: Argonian
Sex: Male

Primary Skill: Illusion
Major Skills: One-handed, Pickpocket, Sneak, Lockpicking, Alchemy, Archery.

An argonian assassin from birth, he has moved to skyrim in order to directly involve himself against the officials of the Aldmeri Dominion. Works for the DB, and part-times on the thieves' guild. Ingests moon sugar and skooma at least once a day, and always drops a single nightshade next to his kills (assasinations).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version