Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When, where, and how much fantasy?

When: In the 12th century; First stone castles, very vulnerable to digging due to corners
When: In the 13th century; Minas Tirith castles, allows for easier gameplay.
When: In the 14th century; Comfort-palaces, first guns,but very unreliable.
Fantasy: Realistic; Yeah it's realistic, has a 2% chance of God helping you, Alchemy
Fantasy: Low-level; No unicorns yet, but better chance of spiritual forces helping you.
Fantasy: High-Fantasy; Unicorns, Demon Kings, you name it.
Where: Iberia; Die Moors Die, Leon and Castile forever!
Where: English castle on the English Channel; Little horny Frenchmen are attacking!
Where: One of the Byzantine Strongholds; Turks hate your Greek fire.
Where: Italia (Italy): Milan vs. Venice; Papal states can excommunicate you and attack.
Where: Japan: Sengoku era.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to live in a Castle.  (Read 6842 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to live in a Castle.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 08:15:00 am »

Eh, why not.

Name: Solomon Mutatio
Gender/Sex:Male
Bio: Solomon was born in Jerusalem not as a Muslim or Jew or even an Orthodox Christian, but a Catholic. That in itself would not have been too strange if he wasn't a full arab going back for quite a few generations. While Jerusalem was particularly tolerant of faiths under the laws placed by it's leaders, he still felt odd being one of the few Arab Catholics in the city. He wasn't accepted by either group too well either. As Solomon grew, he took an interest in theology and the study of life itself, eventually learning to become a priest. He went to Rome itself to learn, although he wasn't well received. As his training there ended, he was requested to serve at <castle> at the behest of <castle owner>.
Job: Court Priest/Scholar
Positive traits: Knowledge of the Orient-Has knowledge that was lost to Europe but known in the Middle East and the Roman Empire. Proper medical tools for one.
Educated-He has knowledge in astronomy, mathematics, philosophy, and history.

I vote that the castle either be in France, Italy, or the Roman Empire (Byzantine). A big stone one surely. What exactly is the year of the game?
Your disadvantages are:
(1) Sadly while you were in the Orient you turned Taoist. You'll be in trouble when the Inquisition comes around.
(6) Because of your education you made a enemy of the head castle priest. While he won't really do anything, but praying for your destruction, you should watch out.

Also you're now considered a scholar. Best keep that Taoism secret.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 08:18:36 am »

Right, going in. Newbie too  :)

Name: Aurin Ravenus
Gender/Sex:Female
Bio: Aurin was born to a noble family. Typical. But it was not easy for her in her early years, being constantly bullied by serfs, pages and squires because of her 'different' attitude towards others. She was, as they called it, male in character. Other than engage in activity with others, she preferred to watch and study by her father, who was a stableman taking care of various breeds of horses for the local Earl.

Her efforts went not without notice, as some of the local guardsmen would report. She was finely skilled in swordplay and a good rider too. The only thing left out was her crude attitude when talked down to, 'an arrogant whelp' they would say. Nonetheless, the Earl was amused by these and contacted her.

Job: Cavalier
Positive traits: Stalwart

Vote: Voting on an English Castle or one of the late Byzantine kingdoms. One fortified with the technology of its time [i.e. portcullis, moat, drawbridge, no guns yet or cannons.]

[Q: Is this RTD realistic, low-fantasy or high-fantasy?]

EDIT: Finished my sheet and removed typos.
(4) You are shunned by the knights because you're female.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 08:20:35 am »

Um, by Orient I meant the early medieval definition by the Western European view. Middle East in other words. Also question, why would a priest hate me if I was educated the same way as he was?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 08:21:12 am »

Name: Auroth Songjay
Gender/Sex:Male
Bio: A librarian from the court of the kings of England, he was dispatched to this new castle to help build it and make it prosper.
Job: Philosopher/smartass/tactician
Positive traits: VERY well educated
Good at strategy (Can easily decide the outcome of battles with this moves)

ARRGGH TOO LATE! Could i PUH-WEASE have a spot?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 08:43:42 am »

(4) You are shunned by the knights because you're female.
[/quote]
There were female knights in the medieval ages.

EDIT: I read too fast and misinterpreted it. Dug deeper. Females were mostly ineligible for knighthood because of the heavy plate armor commonly worn [yet many prefer mail shirts except in battle] and the costs for making a set. Also, there was discrimination set in so yes for the shunning. But as the place and time is not yet decided, I cannot be sure though as some factions were accepted by the populace.

Or I could just get an armor penalty. Anyway, sorry for posting too quick back there.

EDIT[2]: I just noticed the four next to the disadvantage, this does mean something right?  :-[
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:23:20 am by Tiruin »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 09:16:01 am »

I dare say they were still shunned.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 04:48:07 pm »

Name: Belché Dewberry
Gender/Sex: Male
Bio:
Being half-french never were easy growing up.
Fortunaly he grew up in the castle's kitchen,
eventually replaced the former chef/cook when he kicked the bucket.
He might not be very good at cooking and the Castle's inhabitants may not even like the food,
but at least he's better at his trade than the rest of the rabble outside the castle.
Job: Castle Chef/Cook
Positive traits:
Always prepares food ahead of time.
Lives to work, works to live.
Loyal.
Not picky about any foods or drinks at all.
Dosn't say much, which makes him a good listener.
Negatives:
(2)Dude you do realize you're french right? You will be shunned by the ladies-in-waiting because you're a horny Frenchman.( aka -1 to talking with the ladies.
(6)Good job; you're a loner
(4)Bad sense of smell; you wouldn't smell a poison if it was right in front of you in raw form.
(1)The Pantler,Ewer,and Butler likes to make your life miserable.
(3)Very light voice, kinda like Canada's in Hetalia.

Btw I have school, from 8:25-4:30

And the numbers by the disadvantages is just the disadvantage the RNG took.
And Ansontan you will be playing at around the time 5 people die.
Name: Frederick of Plebesshire
Bio: Frederick was born to a simple pair of servants in this very castle. However, his sharp mind, work ethic, and unwillingness to put up with anything less than perfect quickly alienated him from many of his peers.  On the other hand, his superior saw promise in the young lad, and gave him both instruction and responsibilities.  Eventually, he rose up to succeed his predecessor, keeping everything so perfect that the lord's desires are met before he even has them.  He has served loyally through all of his adult life, and considers his reputation at stake every day.  Should anything be less than perfect, it will be fixed, or someone will pay.

Job: Chamberlain/Seneschal (directing servants, supplies, feasts, and other non-military matters; ensuring that the day-to-day life is kept orderly)
Positive Traits: Motivating, Observant, Intelligent

Vote: Definitely something Western-European.  Perhaps in northern Iberia, where we can stave off sieges from the Moors.  Or a traditional English castle, since the culture might be more familiar to us.  Definitely voting for something on the frontier that was made for defense, not noble fancies.
(5)You're simply unlucky.
(2)Paranoia; Your room is practically teeming with traps and you don't really trust people.
(4)The Constable is your rival, good luck doing anything outside.

Um, by Orient I meant the early medieval definition by the Western European view. Middle East in other words. Also question, why would a priest hate me if I was educated the same way as he was?
Don't worry I'll redo yours.

Also It seems we're set in the 13th century with low fantasy, and on the frontlines of the defence against the horny, little, Frenchmen.

Any OBJECTIONS?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 04:53:09 pm »

(5)You're simply unlucky.
THE WORST THING IN AN RTD!!!

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it.  Also, I'm going to play the paranoia as not only plots against me, but also the lord, just to keep things interesting.  Security doesn't technically fall to me, but I'm sure things like ensuring the poison tester tastes everything goes under my jurisdiction.  And remember, it's not paranoia if it's true!

I'm curious though, what were my other possible disadvantages?

EDIT: Actually, are we talking unlucky for a perfectionist, or unlucky as normal people would see it?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:59:41 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 05:04:47 pm »

I think you missed me
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »

Objections?
Nope, not really.
Will be interesting trying to overcome those flaws.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 05:06:13 pm »

We are talking about unlucky like.... you know unlucky for regular people.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 05:21:41 pm »

Name: Richard Mandel
Job: Master of Arms
Positive Traits: Motivational (can easily boost his men's morale)
(6)The priests are wary of you because some guy spread a rumor that you were practicing black magic.
New Disadvantages:
(2)Priests are wary of you as they think you're secretly Muslim.
(5)Because of all your education, you kinda lack common sense.

EDIT:As you can see there is a trend going on here.
EDIT: Gonna make turn in 1 hour.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:17:27 pm by Firelordsky »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 09:48:14 pm »

TURN 0

You are living in Philosic Castle, a concentric castle with a barbican, soldiers on lavatory watch, murder holes for dropping stones and boiling tar upon the enemy, stone machilcolations, surrounded by a artificial lake,with battlements on the walls and firing loops for archers, and within about 20 miles away from the coast to protect the English communication lines from the Frenchmen. The French are expected to siege you guys in 2 months. What shall you do during this peace-time?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 10:24:40 pm »

Train up the Raw Recruits
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 10:38:58 pm »

I'm a cook, I cook.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:42:07 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 [2] 3