Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Clash of the Deities: Restoration of the Land  (Read 10157 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Clash of the Deities
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 09:42:05 pm »

So you're going to have basically ship a thread's worth of documents that we're supposed to digest come time for our turn?
There are like 7 people on the waitlist, and why create info for people who probably won't be playing anytime in the future?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 10:01:49 pm »

I'm not really a part of this, just watching. But the google docs thing seems like an unneeded hassle to me. I think it could be done just as easily in the thread using simple text.

But who knows, maybe there's more to the google docs than I'm assuming.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 10:12:30 pm »

I'm not really a part of this, just watching. But the google docs thing seems like an unneeded hassle to me. I think it could be done just as easily in the thread using simple text.

But who knows, maybe there's more to the google docs than I'm assuming.

Databases and spreadsheets are something I should learn anyways. Pie graphs showing the religious beliefs of each tribe and whatnot. What % of a population worships player A as opposed to player B...

Yeah, its a unneeded hassle, but its something I should learn how to do anyways, so I might as well make it fun. Ya know?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 12:34:40 am »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrR8ObjN8zfdHJfM0pIcTRIOXZZdWpVOE9wcVR6RVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

If your tribe isn't listed here, you still need to get in and edit your document I PMed you.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 12:45:23 am »

Oh shit, were we supposed to name them in the document? Thought it was going to come up later for some reason...

Can I still choose names for my stuff, or am I stuck with with a mysterious tribe of unnamed humans?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 05:50:21 am »

My document still says "view only" and I cannot edit it, and I am logged in to google docs. So...

I choose Harpies named the Whitefeather Tribe. Unity Bracelets as starting Boon.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 02:07:49 am »

Oh shit, were we supposed to name them in the document? Thought it was going to come up later for some reason...

Can I still choose names for my stuff, or am I stuck with with a mysterious tribe of unnamed humans?

Go ahead and name them.

My document still says "view only" and I cannot edit it, and I am logged in to google docs. So...

I choose Harpies named the Whitefeather Tribe. Unity Bracelets as starting Boon.

I made the changes for you.

We are now only missing two characters... I think we shall be starting Sunday at the latest whether we get them complete or not.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2011, 05:34:16 am »

Intro:

The Elder God responsible for purging and refurbishing this new world greets you all in the divine dwelling. "Welcome to my world." he smiles. "Or your world actualy. This is subpar work by my standards, so I'm going to try again elsewhere. I figured I'd give the mortals a fighting chance though... and that is where you youngsters come in."

Waving one of the epherical tentacles that make up his beard the Elder God conjures the illusion of a mortal before each of you. "I foresaw you all arriving and went out of my way to see that you each get a loyal tribe. These tribes have been brought up worshiping up to this point false deities with names and values matching your own, therefore they should already be loyal to you."

The eldritch being grins so wide that he nearly causes a crack in reality. "Now then, I'm sure you all want to know where I hid the Heart of this world. I'm not going to tell you. You are all look young, I doubt any of you have more than a previous world or two under your belt. I think a nice long protracted struggle for the title of Lord would be good for you all..."

With a flash the great diety vanishes, leaving the words "Good Luck" rippling across the fabric of reality itself.

Exial: You find your tribe to be a group of humans who call themselves The Harbingers. They seem to be devoid of any notable technology and are currently living as nomads. You suspiciously eye the other deities and note that you are the only Titan. As soon as you are sure that the others are busing examining their new people you tear open one last portal to your old universe and drag an empty portion of your afterlife to the divine dwelling. You hide the afterlife in a cloud so the others wont easily find it and set about dreaming up ways to deny your new colleagues power and influence.

Dagmach: You examine your tribe and find a degree of disappointment: They are mundane and nomadic humans without knowledge or power to speak of. Still, the world is young, and you have pleanty of time to hone them into something worthy of worshiping you. You feel a deep aching in your being and discover that one of the mighty casting sequoia trees from the last world you were in is anchored to your back. It informs you that it was practicing realm warping magic and somehow placed itself in your path while you were traveling here. It agrees to serve you seeing as it has nothing better to do, and as its love of knowledge matches your own.

Empathica: You take a good long look at your tribe, a flock of harpies that refer to themselves as the Whitefeathers. They are thrill seekers, in love with the hunt, the fray, and the feeling of oneness with the wind and sky. The joy that watching them almost makes you forget the sorrow that drove you from your last world. You had let your power touch a pair of mortal twins, causing them to feel every possible positive emotion towards each other. The nation in which the twins lived however struck them down for violating taboos in the pursuit of the feelings you granted them, nearly breaking your spirit and driving you away. On your wrists you wear a pair of bracelets that you have made in memory of the twins from their bones. You swear to them that this world will be better.

Azundan Kernagroth: Most worlds have a stout race, skilled in craft and fond of drink. You find, to your delight, that your tribe consists of such creatures. They are nomads, banished from their distant mountainhomes and forced to wander aimlessly. You vow to help them strike the earth, smelt the metal, and gain the wealth they are surely destined to earn! The sight of them inspires you to make one final trip to your old world, where you uproot one of your temples and bring it back to the new divine dwelling. You make a note to deliver the temple to the dwarves once they settle down.

Kyazir: To your mild dismay you find your tribe to be a bunch of fair skinned nomads wandering the forest. They don't appear to be particularly war-like, nor do they seem like they would be naturaly skilled in the construction of gadgets, but at least they are handsome. After a few minutes of thought you decided that they will do fine. A small voice in your ear agrees. Your greatest general from the last world, who fled with you to avoid the genocide of his defeated people, seems to have made the trip safely. You quickly warp his physical form to match that of your new people, and teleport him to the forest to meet his new tribe.

Luc'Valanraga the Law-bringer: Your tribe consists of several varieties of elf living harmoniously under a ridged caste system. Their numbers and possessions are few, having just lost their village to a terrible fire they now live as nomads. Your son Valandrimor stares intently down at them from his perch on your right hand. "Of course I will help them father. They need to be protected from chaos and corruption." He speaks up, as if he as read your intentions. You simply offer him a nod before sending him down to the mortal plane, where he assumes the form of a high elf and quickly sets about memorizing the local customs, traditions, and laws.

Risth: You examine your people and find shockingly that they are still hardly anything more than amorphous blobs that default to a humanoid form. Unlike the other tribes, yours is bound to a settlement as the Jellymen cannot yet stray too far from the desert mineral springs that maintain their life. They seem a bit pathetic now, but you are sure with a bit of time and luck they will evolve into something worth your while. You then turn your attention to your hero Jothes, rolling your multi-dimensional 7-sided dice and altering each of the 7 unique beings within her to match the form of your new tribe. Your last roll is a 2, so you teleport her down to the mortal realm in her accomplished healer personality.

Alright! Go time! You should each give me 4-5 actions; one for each phase. Read the rules section on the OP for more information if you have yet to do so. If you pick a spot for your tribe to settle down, and are familiar with Hexographer, feel free to suggest which Icon I should use to mark their location on the map.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 05:48:27 am »

Risth looks at his new followers with a small tinge of disappointment, he then grins "Well, it's not a good start but I suppose I can turn these blobs into something interesting..."

Terraform Phase: Create a dessert one hex south of the Jellymen's home hex.
Exploration Phase: Explore the desert for any notable landmarks.
Manipulation Phase: Give the Jellymen the gift of speech. (As in them being able to talk in some way.)
Divine Phase 1: Create a deck of Magical Cards, where each suite has it's own special property.
Divine Phase 2: Create a simple afterlife for the blob creatures that contains a desert full of mineral water.

Quick question, which phase would commanding Rothes fall under?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2011, 06:34:41 am »

-Terraform Phase: Erect a mountain range at north of the divine dwelling, on the desert and the forest tile northeast of it.

-Exploration Phase: Explore the forests and the mountains, looking for treasures.

-Manipulation Phase: Manipulate the dwarves to strike the earth in the mountain, and dig a tunnel through.
-Manipulation Phase: Create a hero to lead the dwarves.

-Divine Phase: Create an afterlife for the dwarves.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:09:01 pm by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2011, 06:36:09 am »

Ansontan, I believe alliance forming would be done by simply asking or roleplaying asking the god/person. Since the GM can't force someone to ally with someone else for a divine phase.
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011, 06:56:32 am »

Empathica was so glad to be able to smell clean air once again...to feel so much hope and joy. She felt so overwhelmed she accidently loosed her Godly powers on some unfortunate lands. Oh dear.

She spoke to ther other Gods in the Divine Dwelling

"My mistake."

-Terraform Phase: Empathica unleashes giant tornadoes at a completely random hexes on the visible map.
-Exploration Phase 1: Empathica flies among her Harpies in the guise of a Divine Hawk, looking for someone brave enough to challenge her for supremacy.
-Exploration Phase 2: Empathica also flies long and hard, looking and listening for even the slightest rumor of the Heart of the world. Adventure!
-Manipulation Phase: Empathica visits the Jelly-Men in the guise of a Star Traveller Blob, telling them amazing tales of the Worlds she had been, gifting them with a measure of emotion, courage and strength they need to explore the world and push their boundries.
-Divine Phase: Empathica begins the conception of a Holy Egg, which will be used to produce a Divine Monstrous Being.

>>>>
Also, my tribe settles down in the Hills right under the double 'L's of Dwelling, in Divine Dwelling. Our icon is wing, or a pair of wings, or something flight oriented.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:40:05 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 07:00:44 am »

Exial was optimistic about his choice of followers. He had originally planned to reign over the cyclops race, but decided that he would require the potential held within the humans if he was going to make this world anything like he envisioned.

Terraform Phase: Erect a massive plateau in the desert north of The Divine Dwelling.

Terraform Phase 2: Erect another massive plateau in the neighboring desert.

Exploration Phase: take a trip through said deserts, taking note of all flora and fauna encountered.

Manipulation Phase: Influence the highest ranking member of The Harbingers, the one which they consider their chief or leader, to lead the tribe toward the recently created plateaus.

Divine Phase: Construct an item that will be known as The Staff of Connection, a future gift for Exial's followers. It will enable Exial to form a powerful bond with any loyal wielder of the staff, allowing him to act directly through them from time to time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:21:01 am by King DZA »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011, 07:05:04 am »

Terraform Phase: Turn the deserts in the north into lush forests, barring that grasslands at least.

Exploration Phase: Look through the tribe

Manipulation Phase: Spread the gift of architecture and construction to the tribe
Manipulation Phase: Encourage my followers to make their homes in the forest to the north, close to the coast.

Divine Phase: Start crafting a Divine weapon, A Recurved Longbow that can sink a an ironclad battleship in a single blow and a masterpiece of design that is unique to the tribe.

Upon hearing Risth's complaint about his jellymen, Kyazir decided to inflict upon him a scathing remark:
"Of course not chap, they're jelly. You can't do much with that, and I've tried. Now for the good of the rest of us would you kindly do something about how they look? Right now it's atrocious how they just... Blob around."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2011, 07:08:14 am »

Risth laughed and responded to Kyazir, "Looks? Not that interested in their looks, but if they're capable of intelligent though and can throw the dice I'm fine with them."
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17