Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ha-Ha! Dark Poetry needs reviewers!  (Read 535 times)

nymall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ha-Ha! Dark Poetry needs reviewers!
« on: December 13, 2011, 10:07:24 pm »

Well, I have something that I need some reviews of... I've been working on an epic, and it's almost done. On the request of some of my friends, I did a reading, and I need critique! On request, I can post some of it here(as far as I've read, no spoilers! :P).

There are some reading errors, but that was more due to inedpirience in reading than anything.

Constructive Criticism welcomed and encouraged!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhLOdNgzOaM&feature=youtu.be

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ha-Ha! Dark Poetry needs reviewers!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 10:32:37 pm »

The reading:
Your timing is good in places, but you might want to take your time when going from section to section. While it is a dark poem, you don't need to keep your voice low. You should raise your voice a bit when describing a character's anger. I'm mainly talking about the moment at 2:25, 'whose head I should rend' could use a bit more volume. The axemen's speech also needs more anger. In this case raise your voice as if your as if you were giving the speech yourself.

The poem itself:
I wouldn't mind a text version somewhere. It's hard to criticize a poem without seeing it. Otherwise I would have to listen to it several more times to get a feel for it. The only glaring problem I have with it is the word doofus. It sounds very out of place. From what I hear though it's a pretty good story.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)