Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Close Calls  (Read 8639 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Close Calls
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »

Some bad ass titan (well I was kinda laughing at it, was preparing (and still am) to invade HFS with over 90 legendary armour clad dwarves), and proceeded to hack it's brains out. A dozen or so dwarves get infected, brought back inside to safety covered in some wierd syndrome, just as 3 goblin ambushes happen, and all of my dwarves had literally JUST dropped all of their stuff to go back to work... While they were still outside >_>

People scrambling, dwarbridges opening and closing e.t.c.
Long story short, about 2 dozen dwarves die, all goblins either dead or captured (for my tests £:<), a few die from the syndrome, but thanks to my doctor, the dwarf that killed the Titan, along with a few others all survived (a few are still being treated, but it doens't look good :(), and have now become the mayor, captain of the guard or part of the guard, dispite all being blind.

Not so much as fortress threatening, but I really didn't want to lose that dwarf :P

blawrg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • League of Legends
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 10:09:38 pm »

here's my most epic (probably the craziest EVER) comeback that i've ever had.
It's starts off in winter, and a dragon... the dragon had just shown up at my fortress (90 people or so) falls into my cage traps.
then, an elf, human, and strangely a kobold invasion occur one after the other, after slaughtering each other, the humans are left, with a few master thieves, and an archer.
The captured dragon, still sitting outside in my cages, was set free by the archer WHO DECIDED TO BREAK STUFFZ set the dragon free... melting those 3, and i had just sent out my people to drag it in...
so then he manages to not get captured by my other 2 golden cages, "spiked with large cut *diamond*" and gets into my fort, burning all but my 2 legendary hammer men.

*combat*
dragon burns shits loads of peepul
hammer man is D:<
hammer man hits dragon in left foot with hammer
other hammer man hits dragon in throat
hammer 1 hits dragon in face, breaking the !! BRAIN !! ?
dragon is dead :D
*combat*

so now i have about 4 civ's (3 are babies T.T) and 2 soldiers
and the survivor does... nothing :D (peasant too lazy to do jack)
so i have my soldiers do civ work, trying to boost their feelings ):
and thus... the 4 and 2 soldiers mate :D
no migrants showed up... figure war?
and they died from the male dragon "kith somethingorother" the male dragon
dragon says *REVENGE BISH... RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

du3lingdragon

• Bay Watcher
  • only robots will eat your babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 09:13:54 pm »

this happened recently. Using my incredible mental powers i decided that a seige of werewolves (genesis mod) couldnt possibly get by my curde militia. In reality my militia didnt even get into position and the werewolves chocked nearly 60 dwarves to death leaving 4 alive 2 with broken legs, and a recently born baby dragging itself through piles of gore. It was seconds into the arrival of migrants when a thunderbird forgotten beast came to finish the job. Lovely, another 10 gone. but through sheer luck the fortress lives on
Pages: 1 [2]