Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Metal Mechanism Question  (Read 3483 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: A Metal Mechanism Question
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 05:45:33 am »

Goblets and mugs don't appear in the finished goods trade listings.
To can sell goblets and mechanism, I use the search engine in the trade screen. Simply write "gobl" and every crate containing at least one goblet will appear on the trade screen. Same for mechanisms
A VERY useful feature, although it took me a while to use it.

I had no idea the trade menu had a search! Is it accessed in the "bring goods to depot" screen?

Yes, you literally just type in the name of the thing you want to bring

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 10:42:21 am »

Goblets and mugs don't appear in the finished goods trade listings.
To can sell goblets and mechanism, I use the search engine in the trade screen. Simply write "gobl" and every crate containing at least one goblet will appear on the trade screen. Same for mechanisms
A VERY useful feature, although it took me a while to use it.

I had no idea the trade menu had a search! Is it accessed in the "bring goods to depot" screen?

Yes, you literally just type in the name of the thing you want to bring
Well, actually, you first have to type one letter to enable the search. Don't remember which one (s or f, maybe), and then type the name of what you want to bring to the depot. Just read the "bring goods" screen, it's somewhere near the bottom of the page.
Very nifty, indeed.

Vharuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 10:53:42 am »

I didn't know about the trade item search feature, either.  Learning something everyday, especially in Dwarf Fortress.  Also, I believe the reason certain things don't show up in the normal menus you see when you open the "Bring Items to Depot" is that your bookkeeper hasn't done enough work.  I often notice that when the first caravan comes, while I either don't have a bookkeeper or he hasn't done much yet, there's no "Crafts" category so I had to go through the list to find the mugs (I used to press [d] to "sort by value" so all the mugs of each quality would be together, but search is better).  By the time my bookkeeper had gone through his initial workload, I would have every category applicable for the next caravan.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 11:03:13 am »

Nope, I never saw mugs in the trade category (or any at all, really). And I had an up to date bookkeeping list. Every time, I had to chase them in the "everything just lumped together" list, and thus never traded mugs and goblets.
Until I found the search item  :)

(It would be cool on some other menus, though, such as the pasture menu. *sigh*
Pages: 1 [2]