Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl  (Read 36683 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 0, Accepting 4 more players!
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 06:25:54 pm »

Know what's awesome? When you've got two potential character concepts and you can't quite manage to actually write either of them out. Do I have writer's block? Do I secretly not want to play either of them? Am I trying to fill out the sheet in the wrong order and that's throwing off my groove? What is it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 06:53:16 pm »

Irony.

assign values to each character.

Flip coin for each value.

finish with both characters molded into one.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 07:00:04 pm »

I'm... not sure that'd end well, but I guess I honestly can't swear that a half-devil kobold battlejackofalltradesmage/versatile defensive golemcrafting wizard would end badly, just... I dunno, man. Self-buffing quarter-warrior who fights alongside minions and uses magic to solve everything else sounds kind of tempting, but a bit roundabout and redundant.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 07:11:48 pm »

I see your point... Hm.

I mean, what I would make would be something like a kobold shaman, who is connected with spirits or something, and can bash your brains out with his iconic skull staff.

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 07:22:31 pm »

Time to get serious. :I

You wanted me for something? :P (Nah, I'm just posting to watch. I don't have the time or the energy to make a character right now. I might waitlist later, but not at the moment.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 07:33:39 pm »

You wanted me for something? :P (Nah, I'm just posting to watch. I don't have the time or the energy to make a character right now. I might waitlist later, but not at the moment.)
QUICK, INSPIRE ME.

Really though, this is coming along better now. I might even make the deadline!

INSPIRE ME ANYWAY.

EDIT: Technically the deadline was, like, two hours ago. NEW DEADLINE: MERELY TWO HOURS LATE.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:47:21 pm by IronyOwl »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »

Well, you could always play as a bumbling, pretentious, self-important egomaniac trying to act like he isn't seriously suggesting you play him as a character in a game where he's bound to get brutally murdered and/or have the GM do hideous things to him like :3. :3

Seriously though, my only suggestion is play as a cutebold. I think Dwarmin has a soft spot for kobold sorcerers, anyway. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011, 08:52:23 pm »

Yeah, I really pulled out some of the stops for this character. I was inspired by D&D for a bit of my characters history, namely what dragonborn would normally be like, and I'm quite happy with it. I would seriously play that in 4th edition!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2011, 08:57:38 pm »

Name: Rykmar

Bio: Rykmar was an experienced right hand man. It was a convenient position- not directly responsible for anything that goes wrong with his superiors, but still powerful and influential. It was also a job with a lot of creative freedom and opportunity to hone his craft, since the boss usually cared more about things getting done than how they got done. Finally, it was a job that everyone wanted done- a capable, independent minion who wasn't currently interested in taking your place was about as valuable a commodity as you could come by, after all, and Rykmar had no trouble finding work, or the advantages that go with it.

Unfortunately, simply being second in command is not a guarantee of never having to worry about anything. His latest master's guilded palace, built in the mortal world, was assaulted and overrun by a coordinated group of do-gooders, and Rykmar was forced to flee, abandoning most of his possessions in the process. It didn't help that those same do-gooders were now more or less in control of the entire area, and it was a long, hard journey to someplace where he could count on not being ridden down on sight.

Destitute, cut off from any contacts he knew of, and more than a little infuriated, Rykmar considered his options. Subsequent investigations revealed them to not be good- most people wouldn't trust an obvious demon, meaning his normal line of work was extremely limited, and his efforts to contact somewhere closer to home met with failure or outrageous offers by creatures he couldn't stand. As an added bonus, he was occasionally assaulted by weak-minded fools for having horns and red skin, all of which added to his growing anger and frustration.

With his options seeming less and less abundant, and his desire to see this world burn growing stronger, Rykmar stumbled across mention of... something. Something important, at least as this pathetic world went- something that could change or destroy or save it, perhaps. Something he needed.

Rykmar had his goal. He would attain whatever power was lurking within the mad archmage's dungeon, and then, no matter what it was, find a way to harness it for the domination of the entire world.

His allies are somewhat few in this endeavor, or at least those who are aware that they're such. There's no shortage of devils who would like to see him succeed, if they knew of his efforts. Similarly, many wicked things might be pleased to see what he could do with anything that powerful, especially things that oppose the forces that put him into this mess in the first place. Finally, some might prefer the world of order and slavery that he'd likely create, or simply approve of the destruction of those they see as enemies at any cost.

His enemies are more varied, if only because they're more likely to accidentally assume the right answer. Most of his potential allies have representation among his foes- some devils don't want him to succeed, for reasons simple or complex, many wicked creatures would prefer he fail, either so they can ruin the world personally or because they have a different nightmarish vision in mind, and some people simply wouldn't want to live in what he has planned, on their own merits or because of the vengeance parts.

Spoiler: Known Enemies (click to show/hide)

Physical: Fairly tall, lean, handsome humanoid. Red skin, black hooves, long, swishing tail, small black horns and claws. Black hair, in a somewhat shaggy but still nice-looking shoulder-length mane. Eyes are dark grey streaked with thick gold cracks radiating from the center, with a pupil and slightly denser pattern on the iris. Possesses visible muscles, but isn't very bulky, as might be expected from a part-time athlete, or perhaps just someone who exercises purely to look good.

Race: Devil. Ruthless but well-ordered, devils combine heartless villainy with faithful adherence to rules, resulting in a race of honorable slavers and law-abiding tyrants. Most are resistant or outright immune to poison and fire, and many can teleport short distances, handy for disengaging from battle or catching their enemies off-guard. They can also develop the ability to send and receive simple telepathic commands from nearby minions or leaders, making them frightfully coordinated in battle.

Most try to keep themselves a bit versatile, even if only by dabbling elsewhere, in order to avoid being relegated to the status of an effective but limited tool, and so they can have some inkling of what's going on and what should be done about it no matter what. This philosophy often extends to their physical and mental attributes as well, and most devils are somewhat well-rounded considering their profession. Most display an impressive degree of toughness and stamina besides, however, and being at least somewhat charismatic is also a common trait.

Class: Combat Vizier. Battle sorcerer expected to solve anything his superiors feel need solving (or at least direct minions to that effect), regardless of whether that's a merchant negotiation, lack of required materials for the war, or warrior that's way too close and pointy for the boss to handle right now. In battle, usually an opportunistic/debuffing caster mixed with an adequate but less than ideal warrior. Out of combat, jack-of-all-trades caster (and ideally at least dabbling/not terrible craftsman/negotiator/etc, though I doubt that'd come up) with a demonic bent and focus on things a high-ranking devil might need done (like torturing/healing captives and crafting things).

Stats
Mobility: 1
Reflexes: 1
Power: 1
Intelligence: 2

Well. Not entirely pleased with this, but it should at least be in the running.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 11:01:24 pm »

Actually I started writing out your bare bones intro...before you got eclipsed...I wasn't expecting so many good chars. :(

First time anyone ever said mine was good :D !

Although I do hope my character has any chance against magi-users...Wait, must analyze own bio again.

Love the lore on others characters by the way. (What is D&D?)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2011, 11:08:12 pm »

Actually I started writing out your bare bones intro...before you got eclipsed...I wasn't expecting so many good chars. :(

First time anyone ever said mine was good :D !

Although I do hope my character has any chance against magi-users...Wait, must analyze own bio again.

Love the lore on others characters by the way. (What is D&D?)

OMG... You serious?

Nah, I'm not gonna rip on you. It's cool if you haven't heard of Dungeons & Dragons, which is only the most influencial roleplaying game EVER. A lot of people think it's for geeks (and a large part of its players tend to be just that), but I see it as more of a social game that geeks just happen to like. Look it up on google dude!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2011, 11:27:25 pm »

By the way, what does
Determines your initial positioning in combat
mean [Under mobility]?

I've heard of Dungeons and Dragons before, and now the various races I'm seeing confirms it. Where I come from, its rare enough to see someone interested in Roleplaying.
(What is D&D?)

OMG... You serious?

Nah, I'm not gonna rip on you. It's cool if you haven't heard of Dungeons & Dragons, which is only the most influencial roleplaying game EVER. A lot of people think it's for geeks (and a large part of its players tend to be just that), but I see it as more of a social game that geeks just happen to like. Look it up on google dude!

And thus I was enlightened.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:11:40 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 1, Introductions
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 06:01:01 am »

Turn 1, Introductions

My own beginnings were humble...no one who looked upon that thin, arrogant boy who cleaned the floors thought he would amount to anything...I proved them wrong.

-From the Collected Journals of the Wizard Toz

Saren Tyria/Micelus

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Feleris Valinar/Tiruin

Rhogar Steelscale/Zako

Goseki Sakane/Lawastooshort

Rykmar/IronyOwl

OOC: Just a little set-up turn, gives me time to roleplay out your responses, and some time to figure our your starting skills and items.

Oh yeah I don't know how Ironyowl got in past the player limit, either. He snuck in somehow...with his badass character. >_>
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:55:16 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 07:32:52 am »

Wow. My first time in an RTD and my mind was blown by the colors. Very nice on all of them. I can now see this world more in depth. {Are RTDs normally like this?}

Spoiler: Response (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Set, answers answered. Thanks for the quick reply Dwarmin!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:07:54 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 07:48:35 am »

(S'all right. I'm a newbie GM. You write pretty good yourself, of course.

{Are RTDs normally like this?}

Most of them much less roleplaying like this, and much more gameplay centric. My RTD's are pretty long winded.

{His name is Stromgand right, am assuming he is armored, and we can Role-play in this set-up turn right? If not then I will modify this as soon as possible.}

Yeah, that's his name. Armored, yes-the whole party is ready in gear to march off to ominous doom. Role play, yes.

Role playing any time actually, between yourself and other players or NPCs, once you meet. I do enough of that myself. I'll usually wait for some responses from other players before making a strictly RP post, though.

{And since this determines my starting items, if you could, edit my lore post in the Physical appearance, I took it in meaning what else was on person at that time...Or do we state it here?}

Aside from your Longbow and daggers, which you can be assumed to start with, everything else is fluff. Depending on your starting roll, you'll mostly have the basics of food and restorative items.

We shouldn't need to adjust your bio unless you lose an eye or something. heh

[/quote]
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24