...sandvich.
- 3 (23.1%)
...insane brokedness.
- 8 (61.5%)
...sandvich.
- 2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Reality Warper RTD Turn 6: Must...post... =_=  (Read 10908 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Reality Warper RTD Turn 6: Must...post... =_=
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:08:56 pm »

...Was there an RTD with this name before? I can't remember, but I'm quite sure it's dead. I chose the name because of TV Tropes anyway... >_>

So, due to boredom, I decide to create another RTD. The plot is going to be quite loose and I'm going to go with the philosophy of "just act according to what the players do". The game itself is going to be difficult and the rolls are going to mean A LOT since combat is going to be fast and dangerous. Also I'm experimenting with an idea I got earlier: powers determined by roll. While you can get stronger, a lot will be decided by your first roll. Think "superpower lottery". So, yes, an RTD for masochists. I'm even going to let the same person join twice if he feels like it since I predict a lot of death.   
 ...Yeah, honestly I haven't thought this through a lot, but I've seen worse.

Spoiler: Story: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Random things to know: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character stats: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character form: (click to show/hide)

Players:
Spoiler: 1:Derek (Dermonster) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4:Steve (Toaster) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 5:Wymar Sane (Darvi) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6:Aaron (Ahra) (click to show/hide)

Waiting list:
iawastooshort
BullDog
Nilum
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:01:51 pm by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:14:39 pm »

Name: Derek
Sex/Age: Male / 22
Bio: Somewhat of an autistic shut-in,. Reads TvTropes obsessively, along with an internet addiction. Otherwise fairly normal.

Let's see what superpower 'Genre savvy' gets me.

It's only after I wrote this that I notice you mentioned tropes in the OP. Weird.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:16:17 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 12:25:29 pm »

Name: Derek
Sex/Age: Male / 22
Bio: Somewhat of an autistic shut-in,. Reads TvTropes obsessively, along with an internet addiction. Otherwise fairly normal.

Let's see what superpower 'Genre savvy' gets me.

It's only after I wrote this that I notice you mentioned tropes in the OP. Weird.
Accepted. Couldn't think up anything for "genre savvy" so I went with "computers" and gave you the unoriginal but fun power of electricity. It will get more exciting in higher levels. That was "4" on the roll, by the way.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD (0/6)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 12:42:20 pm »

Name: Rodriguez
Sex/Age: Male/31
Bio: Fairly short, red hair, red eyes. He moved to live with his father in the USA when he was seven, and was frequently bullied for his accent, obviously un-American name, and being a weak target. He began studying Judo when he was fourteen, and the physical bullying ceased. He eventually graduated college with a degree in journalism. Tired of his corrupt boss and poor pay, he quit after a few years and helped his aging sensei run the dojo. He recently learned about his psychic powers from his doctor, who suggested that he move to the island.

Taking his life savings, he complied. He hopes to join Psychic Control until he is able to open his own dojo.

(I don't know what level someone would want to be to run a dojo, knowing little about martial arts. I'm going to say he's a fourth dan black belt.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD (1/6)
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 12:42:45 pm »

Sure, why not?

A/S/L:  Steve, 28 year old Male
Bio:  A natural opportunist, Steve came to the island to make money in any way he could.  Brown hair, green eyes, average height and build.  Wears t-shirts and shorts most of the time.
Power:  Telekinesis, mostly used to construct things.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »

Name: Rebecca White
Sex/Age: Female/24
Bio: Once a no-name art college dropout from somewhere in the rust belt, became a popular magazine model-and enjoyed all the money and power therein-until her powers were discovered in a very public way when a personal doctor cashed in by writing a tell all book 'outing' her-she was branded all sorts of horrible things-alien, government agent, genetic anomaly, devil worshipper...there was no shortage of attempts on her life, and Rebecca found her formerly lucrative contracts so much ashes in the wind-every day was a nightmare, and the irony was that she could not even use the powers they were persecuting her for...

Rebecca abandoned her former life in a rush, travelling to the island, looking for some measure of peace and quiet.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:53:31 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 12:46:08 pm »

Accepted, rolling when I'm not lazy. Also

Uh, check the OP. Your power is determined by the roll.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 12:49:02 pm »

Accepted, rolling when I'm not lazy. Also

Uh, check the OP. Your power is determined by the roll.

I saw that.  The roll would determine if I can build a little pile of rocks or skyscrapers, right?  But misread it.  Derm's post threw me off.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD (4/6)
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 12:50:08 pm »

I'd like to make a sheet, but can't for 4 hours, I'm on my phone. Can I have waitlist please?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 12:51:40 pm »

Name: Aaron
sex: male
bio, lean, one grey one green eye, wears an lens to make grey eye look green. likes long walks in the woods, shaggy brown hair,
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 12:54:30 pm »

Mah sheet is done.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 12:58:49 pm »

Name: Wymar Sane
A/S/L: 21, male
Bio: You want my bio? Who dares ask for my bio? You cannot have my bio, except maybe implanted in your face until you bleed. And then some more. Until I find something more interesting to do.

Super Power: Hammerspace

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD (6/6)
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 03:15:10 pm »

Ok, took some time, but I made all the characters. I didn't expect to get two grade III's. Huh. Check the first post.

Spoiler: Derek (Dermonster) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Steve (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wymar Sane (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron (Ahra) (click to show/hide)

Rushed because of time lines. Sorry.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 03:17:25 pm »

Eh, being a Power Nullifier is fine too

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 03:20:22 pm »

Make a sandvich and step out to the porch. Admire sky.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9