...sandvich.
- 3 (23.1%)
...insane brokedness.
- 8 (61.5%)
...sandvich.
- 2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Reality Warper RTD Turn 6: Must...post... =_=  (Read 10905 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD : Started, hints of a plot.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 03:22:20 pm »

I just realized that Dwarmin is Yukari goddamn Yakumo.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 03:24:19 pm »

Only too late do I realize I should have done 'lover of HP Lovecraft works and horror novelist' as a bio.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 03:24:45 pm »

I just realized that Dwarmin is Yukari goddamn Yakumo.
And also Rebecca Black. And also I know about Touhou from TV tropes, but that came out of my brain without making a connection. And also post an action.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 03:25:59 pm »

I'm still thinking.

Read some newspapers for job offers in the paranormal sector.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD (6/6)
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »

Is this really the job for you?
YES! I will make the world a better place!

Make the world a better place! Sign up for Psychic Control! Try to get assigned a small melee weapon. Preferably knuckledusters. (They work wonderfully with Judo!)

If there's any time left over, get a low-rent apartment if housing isn't provided for me.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 03:31:55 pm »

Only too late do I realize I should have done 'lover of HP Lovecraft works and horror novelist' as a bio.

I was surprised that you didn't.

Anyway, waitlist.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 03:36:53 pm »

Rebecca sighed as she shut off the TV, pushing her blondish hair back from her brow with her left hand. It seemed there were no less psychos here than in the normal world...but at least here she could protect herself.

If anything, it was worse. Everyone got to be a God here-there were no haves and have nots, just the powerful and those who wanted to take that power.

This Shadow-Lurker, was just the first successful one, she supposed-how long till the entire island devolved into some ridiculous rehash of 'Highlander', with everyone killing and absorbing everyone elses power so they could continue to kill? She knew she was a Grade III-and a fairly well known one at that. And of course, pretty blondes always got axed in murder movies...

No matter morbidity! Tonight was training. She put on her warmest grey hoodie and headed out, making sure to look both ways as she made her way to the elevator. Apparently he always attacked in dark places...so she would stay in the light. Dusk and Dawn were the times she always felt most at ease with powers anyway, she couldn't say why.

But first, she knocked on the door of her second door neighbor-a nice guy by all acounts, named Daniel King. He had apparently been a doctor of some sort before, and now he was the same. Daniel said he was a minor pyrokinetic, though he didn't like to use his powers, and Rebecca had never seen them...still, she trusted him-as much as anyone could these days. They liked to spend time together...just as friends, for now anyway...

As she knocked on his door-number 112-she couldn't help but feel a  little spooked, staring up and down the empty hallway. Damn. All that stuff about the Shadow-Lurker was freaking her out.

Action: Try to see Rebeccas friend Daniel will accompany her to the roof.

With him or without, Rebecca heads to the rooftop ball court of her apartment and practices her powers-she tries her erase ability on small objects like stray balls and litter, and then tries to bring them back, which she's never done succesfully before.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 03:47:08 pm »

Huh.  Usually I have no luck at all in RTDs- maybe this is payback for my "Worst Roller Ever" award in Deathmatch...

[By the way, the power I got is pretty much exactly what I wanted. Thanks!]

Lying in bed won't get anything done.  This is a land of potential, and I don't want to be caught sitting on a gold mine.  Gold... I'll have to see how well I can copy that- plenty of money to be made there.  Jewels would be good too- much lighter besides.

Wonder if I can change things I copy?

Practice copying some simple household object, like a pencil.  See if I can make changes to the copy (bigger, smaller, editing details, and the like.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 04:40:30 pm »

"ARGH dark, really shes just... crap i forgot the time again, time to go home... AND WHO AM I TALKING TO?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Warper RTD Turn 1: Failtraining, plot devices and assault
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 06:40:32 am »

Everyone got to be a God here-there were no haves and have nots, just the powerful and those who wanted to take that power.
Actually Psychic Control are pretty good at what they do and life is quite safe as long as you keep to yourself. About 95% (everywhere else psychics are one in a million) of the locals are humans and they live fine.

how long till the entire island devolved into some ridiculous rehash of 'Highlander', with everyone killing and absorbing everyone elses power so they could continue to kill?
Bingo. Except as mentioned, not as bad, since those that want power are actually considered evil rather than being an average highlander psychic.

And of course, pretty blondes always got axed in murder movies...
This, on the other hand, is not true. First, I didn't plan to have him attack you, second - he's not the "big bad". You'll see.

And also this is something I wanted to mention, for future POWER LEVELS!!!!!11!!!11 discussion: while Rebecca may sound stronger than Steve, they're actually about equal. For Rebecca to use her power, she needs to concentrate and imagine the result she wants to achieve. Her power is pretty much limitless...as long as she can focus. Steve can only create objects that exist somewhere in the world. He's actually "copying" rather than creating. This means his power is limited to things that actually exist, but he uses his power much more easily. Rebecca couldn't create 100 blades like Steve, because the human mind can't imagine 100 objects at the same time, while Steve can create as many objects as he wishes and the size of the things he creates is limitless (once again, you couldn't imagine an entire planet at the same time). On the other hand, Steve can only create specific objects, while Yukari Rebecca can create or destroy anything including energy and abstract concepts (such as her "frame" ability).So, yeah, POWUH LEVUHL DISCUSHUNZ!!!!111!!!!

Oh, right, turn.

Spoiler: Derek (Dermonster) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Steve (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wymar Sane (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron (Ahra) (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 06:58:45 am »

Go to a place that's notorious for psychic crime. Certainly there must be any around. Laugh internally as people fail to do anything and get their ass handed to them.

Also, godammit Dwarmin!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 07:19:19 am »

@Tomas: My character is prone to hysterics at times, so that explains that. Anyway, my best combat idea was just to erase a persons heart and/or lungs from existence. :P

Calm down. Breath.

"It's okay Daniel, I've got this. Thanks for the support though."

She smiled, and closed her eyes. She was glad Daniel was here-he was a good friend, and had become a tutor, urging her on when she was close to a breakthrough, making sure she didn't push herself too hard. But she knew so little of him, really...but, to the business at hand.

Rebecca knew her powers came from concentration-from willpower, and from faith and confidence in herself. Which was, ironically, all things she had never had a great deal of until now.

The most difficult part was actually believing she could do it-she had done it before, but to actually abandon her conception of reality itself on a regular basis? That was a big step. She had made changes-daily meditation, spiritual advice, a regimen of exercise and counciling to put her past behind her...but it wasn't enough.

Sometimes, she felt the only way her powers would ever truly develop would be to find a way, to get away from the city, away from everyone and all material and physical needs...but for right now, she just concentrated-just like in those dumb kid shows would say, all she needed was the power to believe.

Rebecca felt her heart beating a little faster-and a familiar thrumming of latent energy that went from her toes, all the way up to her head.

Almost there...just concentrate...

Action: Continue my training efforts-try to imagine a little thing I remember into existence, like the TV remote.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 07:31:53 am »

Free weaponry! That's the best kind of non-magma weaponry.

It's time to get test myself and these weapons in the training room and then the shooting range.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 08:54:44 am »

Clearly this is a critical moral choice for my character. I must think this through thoroughly SHOCK TO THE BACK-KNIFE Nah.

Drag her in and clean/bandage her up. Take out the knife too. Hurriedly look up medical advice from INTERNET.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, 09:36:21 am »

I just realized I can just make the turns in notepad before posting them, thus making it easier to finish when everyone posts their actions, but I inevitably feel too lazy to post the rolls. Which is just what I did. So yay~
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9