Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: Godhood V: Legacy Of The Titans [OOC]  (Read 25464 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood V: Legacy Of The Titans [OOC]
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »

Name: Roln
Sphere: Fire
Description: A gigantic red dragon with flaming eyes.(Gigantic compared to normal dragons)
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 05:48:04 pm »

My titan:
Code: [Select]
Name: Uldum
Sphere: Water
Appearance: A gigantic kraken, apparently made of shadow

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2011, 05:48:47 pm »

As a Titan, you can pretty much do Anything.  Provided it is on a large scale, of course.  You can more easily raise a mountain range than move a pebble.

Seriously.  You can create a moon composed entirely out of fire and the essence of rage with a Titanic Act.  Locking the winds up in physical form is easy.

Hell, if you really wanted you could bring the planet's equivalent of Mars into a stable binary orbit and have a second world forever hanging in the sky.
Nah nothing going to do that. I'd be too tempted to put in a lever that deactivates the engine floating magic.
Also, is this planet a standard earthlike protoplanet with a north and a south pole and rotation or do I have to create these?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:51:35 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 05:52:07 pm »

Right, first action...

MOVE A PEBBLE!

:{P

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 05:53:33 pm »

You accidentaly punch a hole in the earth, draining the oceans and the air into the void below.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 05:54:30 pm »

Code: [Select]
Name: Gulngris
Sphere: Earth
Appearance: A towering being, Gulngris is 125 feet tall, and made out of stone. He is relatively humanoid, but his head is embedded with jewels that form a sort of crown.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 05:56:03 pm »

As a Titan, you can pretty much do Anything.  Provided it is on a large scale, of course.  You can more easily raise a mountain range than move a pebble.

Seriously.  You can create a moon composed entirely out of fire and the essence of rage with a Titanic Act.  Locking the winds up in physical form is easy.

Hell, if you really wanted you could bring the planet's equivalent of Mars into a stable binary orbit and have a second world forever hanging in the sky.
Nah nothing going to do that. I'd be too tempted to put in a lever that deactivates the engine floating magic.
Also, is this planet a standard earthlike protoplanet with a north and a south pole and rotation or do I have to create these?

As I will describe in the RP thread intro, the world is pretty much an Earth-like protoplanet.  It has one continent (Pangaea), no life beyond the proto-bacterial level, a world-spanning ocean and a primarily nitrogen-based atmosphere.  The creation of life will be dependent on the Titans (and since they have up to 48 Acts between them, this world could get pretty interesting even before the end of Turn 0).

Right, first action...

MOVE A PEBBLE!

:{P

You lose all 5 Acts and explode Your enormous golem fingers lack the dexterity to move a pebble!  You just topple over a hill instead.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 05:57:00 pm »

Ummm ... I just had an amazing idea for my first three acts, but I think it might take all five to do it :(

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 05:58:39 pm »

Ummm ... I just had an amazing idea for my first three acts, but I think it might take all five to do it :(
It are Titanic acts, what the hell are you planning to do that takes up so much power.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2011, 06:00:37 pm »

Ending the game permanently would take five titanic acts.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »

Well I was planning to put seven planets in orbit around the main planet, and have them be connected to it by portals.

HOW DID U KNOW ? :P

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 06:05:05 pm »

Well I was planning to put seven planets in orbit around the main planet, and have them be connected to it by portals.

Hey, that's in the atmosphere. The atmosphere's mine.

Actually go ahead, they fit nicely with one of my Ideas.  7 planets though, won't that get cramped up there. Should at least be interesting for astronomers.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 06:06:11 pm »

HOW DID U KNOW ? :P

Heh.  You can try, but I will apply something vaguely approaching physics here.  The tidal forces from 7 orbiting planets will be pretty impressive, to say the least...

Edit:  Not that you shouldn't, but it will give rise to a fantastically interesting world.  We'll find a way to make it work.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 06:08:27 pm »

So, am I accepted or is it full? Here if you missed it.

Interested. I'm going to use my god from the other godhood game if you don't mind.
Nevermind.

Name: Orseth
Title:
Description: Orseth, lord and master of planning and ambition. He is usually seems passive to all events, not revealing much emotion, rather he quietly listens to any who speaks and replies in a soft, usually monotone voice. As he gains more knowledge, Orseth plans what he can do with the knowledge to make sure he, and in extension anything important to him, remains alive or at least liked. She is often neutral in the conflicts of the gods and indeed, may actually try to broker peace.
Spheres: Plotting
Manifests as: Orseth usually appears as a shortish <sentient race here> covered in a simplistic, translucent robe covering her entire body. On his head is a crown seemingly made of bone and bronze. On her thigh, there is an extremely small, dull axe. He appears randomly as a male or female.
Characteristic Animal: Orseth has a "love" for the common raven or crow, but she prefers the dwarf crow, which can fit within one's hand easily.
Secondary source of Power:
Divine responsibility: Mediating on the conflicts of the gods.
Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:09:59 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 06:09:54 pm »

If there are too many planets, we'll have too much ground to play with, and not enough competition between the gods (if there are as many planets as gods, we'll clearly just spend our time making one planet prettier than the others and launching meteorites on each-other's head). But a few moon-sized planets around the main one could be really interesting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37