Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: Random Encounter  (Read 3055 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Random Encounter
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 06:01:18 pm »

HEN-Jacob Ackerman
Jacob lined up a shot with a target, but before firing, he remembered the screaming. Turning the tank around, he sighted a bear running into the military base's locker rooms.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Monk12-Trent Richardson [2]
Trent shrugged, and decided to make some coffee. He went into the corner, when something flew past his side. Seeing as it turned him 360 degrees, he didn't mind and continued to make and acquire 1x Cup of Coffee.

Lawastooshort-Hilda Liechtenstein PhD [4]
Hilda removed her bike pump and watched. The mouse seemed to grow tired of hitting the student with the backpack. It was so weak it couldn't really injure him. But the student did get knocked out, so, satisfied, the mouse began to prance off through the cafeteria front door.

Warthog Driver-Nathan Banks [1]
"Hey, can I have this coin?"
"Uh, I killed the thing."
"Alright then..."

Banks went back inside to get his old glasses. They weren't as effective as his broken ones, but without glasses he couldn't see a door right in front of him. He missed the doorknob multiple times before finally tripping back inside the house and getting his glasses.
Afterwards, he called his Optometrist and asked how long it would take for them to repair his glasses.
"Have you been playing too many games?"
'What?"
"You can't repair broken glass."
Nathan facepalmed to himself.
"Ack, sorry. Can I go pick some up right now?"
"No problem. Your health insurance should cover accidents. I'm not quite sure about dropping them though."

He made his way to the shop and tried to open the door. It didn't open. He peered through the glass and saw the accountant. He knocked to get her attention.
Immediately, the glass became clouded, and the door began to fold horizontally, with two sets of teeth appearing on the top and bottom. It lunged at him.

A Door Mimic has appeared!

Frelock-Frederick Stephonavich [5]
"I come here all the time.  I was just curious as to what's going on back there.  I'm a martial artist, and I love a good sparring match."
"You do not understand. There is party, and restaurant is owned by French guest. No reservation, no entry."
"But it sounds like someone is dying in there!"
"You are right, but I was hired to give no exceptions."
"What if 'French Guest' dies?"
"Good point. Go on in."

The bouncer stepped out of the way, and Fred ran into the store. In one on the corners, a man in a tuxedo was fighting a slightly large pigeon, attempting to bat it out of the air with an empty wine glass.

"Who let that thing in?" someone shouted.

Time: 10:30 AM
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 06:04:24 pm »

Sneak after the mouse; try to acquire the backpack if possible to see what's inside it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 06:13:07 pm »

Take a shot at the bear. After all, everything is worse with bears.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 06:18:41 pm »

Find Tang, add to coffee, and quaff!

One must be properly stimulated to pursue space ghosts- it's all a matter of priorities.

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 08:32:52 pm »

Kick the...... thing before jumping back and preparing to dodge/counter whatever it does next.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 01:45:58 am »

Flying kick the flying bird, dramatically!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 06:40:12 pm »

HEN-Jacob Ackerman
Jacob fired at the bear. [5] It exploded into a red mist before fading away, leaving three gold coins behind. He wanted to go grab them, but his scanner picked up a target behind the tank.

Looking out the hatch, Jacob saw an unmanned jeep speeding toward him. It appeared to be armed with rocket launchers in the back!

Monk12-Trent Richardson [2]
Trent [4+1] located the Tang underneath the coffee machine, emptied the bag into his cup of recycled-water-coffee, and quaffed.
Now refreshed and fully awake, he turned around to see an empty hallway, his friend missing.

Lawastooshort-Hilda Liechtenstein PhD [4]
Hilda began to sneak after the mouse, taking care not to scare it. [4] She grabbed the backpack first and headed out the door to find the mouse. [3] Looking everywhere, however, she could not find the mouse.

[4] Hilda took a look inside the backpack to find another textbook as well as a student's notebook.

Warthog Driver-Nathan Banks [1]
[1] Nathan attempted to kick the mimic, but his foot merely bounced off the hardened glass. The mimic lunged at him, [3+4] but Nathan managed to jump to the side and take no damage.

The mimic hit a car, denting the car. The mimic poised itself to lunge again.

Frelock-Frederick Stephonavich [5]
[4+1] Frederick prepared himself for a spectacular kick, when the pigeon stopped attacking the man and attempted to attack Fred first. Fred [1+1] took a scratch to the leg as he kicked the pigeon through the window. It dropped one silver coin.
Before picking up the coin, Fred spoke to the man who was attacked.
"I noticed you had quite a bit of trouble with that pigeon. If you'd like to learn how  to defend yourself, stop by at my dojo. It's just across the street!"

Time: 11:30 AM
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:55:01 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 06:44:24 pm »

Notice how similar to Final Fantasy this scene looks, try to cast Level 1 fire on the Door Mimic
If not
Keep out of range and throw large stones or other objects at it.

Wouldn't Agility or reflexes give me a +1 to the dodge?
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 06:44:52 pm »

He was probably a jerk anyway.

Being loading an escape pod with all the station's luxury items.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 06:52:52 pm »

Notice how similar to Final Fantasy this scene looks, try to cast Level 1 fire on the Door Mimic
If not
Keep out of range and throw large stones or other objects at it.

Wouldn't Agility or reflexes give me a +1 to the dodge?

It just did :)

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 06:54:06 pm »

Posting to watch.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 07:04:25 pm »

Turn the turret around, fire at the jeep, and reverse travel to the gold coins.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 01:26:36 am »

Continue to my dojo, reading my magazine as I go.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 02:42:40 am »

"Hmmm..."
Find the student and give them back their bag and notebook.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 01:07:05 pm »

HEN-Jacob Ackerman
[5+1] Deciding that the jeep was of equal importance (to deal with) as the three gold coins, Jacob spun the turret aft and let loose another round. The jeep exploded, dropping four gold coins and an expensive looking vase that hovered over the ground. It also looked very fragile, and slowly, it floated down. Onto hard concrete.

Monk12-Trent Richardson
He was probably a jerk anyway.
His friend gone, Trent began to do the smart thing--that is, load up an escape pod with all the station's valuables and launch back to Earth!

The pod bay doors opened, and Trent launched the pod.

[3] Minutes later, he was back on Earth. Floating. In a lake. With a jammed door.

Lawastooshort-Hilda Liechtenstein PhD
[1] Hilda, feeling generous, carried the bag back to the student without stealing the ammun I mean textbook. He thanked her, and started talking about how he was playing World of Starcraft on his laptop before being almost beaten to death by a large mouse.

GAMER'S RAGE GO!

Warthog Driver-Nathan Banks
Remembering his encounters with similar monsters in his combat simulators, Nathan attempted to cast level one fire on the mimic.
[3] Somehow, he managed to burn himself.

[5+2] The door mimic prepared itself to attack again. This time, though, Nathan knew exactly what to do. It was made of glass, correct? He fled to the optometrist's office's concrete wall, and positioned himself as to attract the mimic. The mimic followed, and lunged again. This time, he sidestepped into a thorn bush. However, the mimic hit the wall and shattered into hundreds of tiny shards which also flew into Nathan's face and wounded him.

Frelock-Frederick Stephonavich
Returning to the dojo, Fred took out his magazine and began reading. Suddenly, something large grabbed his magazine and flew over his head! He turned around to see a large bird with his magazine in its beak.

A Storm Crow has appeared! Beware its tendency to eat anything!

Time: 12:30 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3