Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: Random Encounter  (Read 3024 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Random Encounter
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 01:42:37 pm »

Raising her bicycle pump above her head, Hilda emitted a blood-curdling scream."Noooooo!" she cried, beating the student about the head, "Not World of Starcraft!!!1"

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 02:35:29 pm »

See if the mimic dropped anything of value. 
Nathan thinks to himself "If I managed to burn myself maybe I can heal myself too." Try to cast lesser heal on self.
Once that's succeeded/failed take new glasses and equip.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 03:16:24 pm »

"You birds are greedy fools.  You have the sky.  Do you not know how long humans suffered, dreamed, tried and failed to take flight into that world?  How many still dream of flying as you do?  Can you not be content to leave us in the world we have built for ourselves?  I will take back what is ours, hold it, and SEND YOU INTO THE SKY WHERE YOU BELONG!"

Take off my shirt while saying dramatic dialogue and putting on a headband.  Then, STRIFE!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:41:15 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 03:56:05 pm »

Get out of tank, collect coins and vase, then get back into tank.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 10:36:23 pm »

Jimmy open the door with my credit card!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 06:16:26 pm »

HEN-Jacob Ackerman
Jacob leaped from the hatch and dived [1] face-first into the concrete below the vase. The vase bounced off of his head and landed on the concrete, shattering.

Disappointed, Jacob picked up the three gold coins, examined them closely, and returned to the tank.

"Ackerman!" a voice called in the distance.
"Training's over!"
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Monk12-Trent Richardson
[5] Trent somehow managed to wedge the door open with his credit card. He now has a +1 to door opening!

Lawastooshort-Hilda Liechtenstein PhD
Hilda's heart rate rose sharply. Her blood became warm as anger filler her veins. With a lift of her bicycle pump, she shouted: "Noooooo! Not World of Starcraft!!!1"

Beating the student about the head with her pump, she attracted a large crowd of bystanders. Suddenly, the crowd dispersed.

Hilda stood up, stopped bludgeoning the offending student, and turned around to see a man in a dark cloak walking in.
"Huh, this is like a scene from that game..."
"You!" the man shouted. Hilda looked him in the eye and realized that he was about 15.
"I am Jake, level 49 battlemage. I have been training for this time all of my life. I saw that you are a good fighter, and--"
"Wait--how?"
"Let's not go into the details."
"Seriously?
"Yeah, well, we better get going. We need to figure out the--"
"Hold on a minute..."

Warthog Driver-Nathan Banks
[3] The mimic dropped a miniature of a Plexiglas door.

Afterward, Nathan retrieved his new glasses. He though abotu his burned hand. If he could burn himself, could he perhaps heal himself with magic as well?
[4] He attempted to cast level 1 heal on himself. The burn disappeared, but the other wounds did not.

Frelock-Frederick Stephonavich
"You birds are greedy fools.  You have the sky.  Do you not know how long humans suffered, dreamed, tried and failed to take flight into that world?  How many still dream of flying as you do?  Can you not be content to leave us in the world we have built for ourselves?  I will take back what is ours, hold it, and SEND YOU INTO THE SKY WHERE YOU BELONG!"

Fred took off his shirt and posed dramatically. The crow stood there, indifferent.

[4] Fred lunged at the crow, [4] dodging a bolt of lightning with ease. He landed a quick chop to the crow's head, but being lightweight, it simply flew back and took to the skies. Speaking of which, the skies began to darken with storm clouds.

Time: 1:30 PM
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:14:26 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 06:21:15 pm »

Ask the opticians for a first aid kit and use it to fix up the wounds, if its a deep cut go to A&E if not go to the park to walk it off. Also pick up the Plexiglas door

*edit*
Somewhere along the way equip new glasses and store the others away safely.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 06:55:24 pm by WarthogDriver »
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2011, 10:06:32 pm »

Great Christmas present, thanks.  Just checking, you did add my +1 to unarmed combat to get that 4, right?

I was going to simply stand near someplace with a lightning rod, but realized that my character isn't that intelligent...and I'm inside, so apparently I'm not that intelligent. 

Query: did it fly off with my magazine or without it?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2011, 10:49:25 pm »

Row my escape pod to the shore of this strange, alien world

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2011, 03:18:19 am »

Great Christmas present, thanks.  Just checking, you did add my +1 to unarmed combat to get that 4, right?

About that...

Plot requires it...

I was going to simply stand near someplace with a lightning rod, but realized that my character isn't that intelligent...and I'm inside, so apparently I'm not that intelligent. 

You're outside, halfway between the restaurant and the dojo.

Query: did it fly off with my magazine or without it?

It currently has it in its claws.

Clarification: The crow is now in the air, but it is not flying away. It is now in-fact circling above you.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2011, 02:12:39 pm »

Returning to the dojo, Fred took out his magazine and began reading.

I guess I misread that line, which makes my dramatic speech a lot less appropriate...

Pick up a small pebble and nail that bird.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2011, 02:55:10 pm »

Head back into the base.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2011, 03:25:29 pm »

Go with Jake to see what happens. Accept quest/request for single combat/aid etc. Offer him my "arcane" textbooks of battlemagery. Probably best to flee before he reads them though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]