Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [v0.27.176.38c, modded] Friendly building destroyer dest  (Read 479 times)

Leerok the Lacerta

• Bay Watcher
  • Linuxer
    • View Profile
    • The Online Journal of Leerok the Lacerta
[v0.27.176.38c, modded] Friendly building destroyer dest
« on: May 18, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

Playing a civilisation of demons, it seems that demon traders will destroy the trade depot upon contact. This makes it rather difficult to play as demons, but I find the situation amusing.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [v0.27.176.38c, modded] Friendly building destroyer dest
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:03:00 pm »

Yes, that's the way it goes.   Building destroyers will destroy every building that they come across.  If you look at the cities made by building destroyers, you'll notice that they have an unusual lack of doors.  This is because they've smashed all of them.

It's already been reported.  However, since it only appears in modded versions of the game, the priority for changing it is rather low.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: [v0.27.176.38c, modded] Friendly building destroyer dest
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

It appears in unmodded. Granted, there were two bugs at once, but still. An ettin was friendly at one of my forts some time ago ("visiting"), and he was bent on destroying each and every building I made. I eventually dug a channel under him, and was rid of the problem, but the bug's present anyways.

Also, the bug will appear if you tame a buildingdestroyer creature as well.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India