Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Amorphous RTD - TURN 1 - THE GAUNTLET  (Read 4742 times)

Shiney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amorphous RTD - TURN 1 - THE GAUNTLET (SPOTS OPEN!)
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 01:02:02 pm »

The only things that I see right now is some elf booty and dragon treasure. Why do I have to state "Oh, this room that room room 5 blah blah blah"? Just go out there and kill a dragon. Easy!
Quite the unique Interpretation...
*nods* Very Interesting things will happen indeed.

Nobody said about time period so, Time Travel?

The Gauntlet is beyond time, so characters from any period (or universe for that matter) are acceptable.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »

My interest. It is piqued.

Sorry in advance if there's any absence over the next couple of weeks. Holidays and all that, wot wot. Anyway, let's see how this wackiness goes...

---------------

Ariel St. Germaine, Oozeborn Rogue

It's an old story. Adventurer meets dungeon, adventurer explores dungeon, adventurer walks into gelatinous cube because adventurer failed his spot check, adventurer dissolves in acid. But it is not always so; luckily (for a given definition of "luckily...") for Corvin St. Germaine, Principled Knight and Annoyer of Party Members With Decent Night-Vision, his particular encounter with the infamous 10'x10' corridor happened to occur during gelatinous cube mating season.

"But I mean. That doesn't even make sense. It's a gelatinous cube, it doesn't even have the right parts for that," protested Gromak, the party's half-orc barbarian.

"That's humans for you. They'll make a level-adjusted template out of anything that moves. Or doesn't, apparently," replied Arlissa, the elven rogue.

"Can we stop talking about this please?" Corvin asked as he did his best to hold his new daughter in her swaddling cloths, quite the task since she kept squirming and sliding out.

"And that's another thing," Gromak went on. "How do you even have a kid already? You were only in there for like five min--"

"Not talking about it."

And thus the career of Corvin St. Germaine came to an abrupt end, as he settled down to raise his half-gelatinous-cube daughter in the small duchy of Bloodmoot. And since Arlissa and Gromak found the idea of adventuring without their straight man more depressing than they cared to admit, they decided to join him in taking up the NPC lifestyle and help raise little Ariel into the family business.

Naturally, she took after the rogue. Just can't get around those rebellious teenage years, can you?

X Years Later...
Spoiler: The Long Version (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:24:01 pm by Time Blossom »
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Shiney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 12:11:53 am »

Quote from: Time Blossom
Spoiler: The Abridged Version, With Flavorless Critical Actions Only (click to show/hide)

I really like that, but as long as the flavored versions are bolded It is not necessary. :p

she proceeded to do just that, emptying out her pockets and pouches and digestive cavities

You seem to have reminded me of something rather important that i seem to have forgotten and most everyone has omitted.

EVERYONE, PLEASE POST YOUR CHARACTERS INVENTORY'S
Without them, I can only assume you have what you describe in your actions, and perhaps some basic gear, or maybe even random crap.
Yes you can Include "Random Crap" or "Various Objects" in your inventory, and I'll assume you have... well various random crap.
inb4 "Can we have Henry?". I would consider doing that quite Funny.

On an Unrelated note: Some of you may be receive pm's regarding actions in certain rooms where I deem a wee bit more interaction is required. Keep in mind, the turns won't have been run yet, so things may still not be as they initially seem.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 12:16:58 am »

My inventory:

Well-used steel one-handed sword
Dented iron shield
Low-grade iron chain-mail
Book of h**tai, Tentacle edition, 4th volume.
Goat-skin condoms, 4 pack.
Food, booze.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 12:31:33 am »

Comfortable clothing
Magic healing food
Vial of water from home
Corals and Gems storing magical energy
Small knife for self defence and cooking
Waterproofed  beastiary of magic creatures
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 12:57:41 am »

Ludicrous amount of soul gems
Ritual dagger
Various reagents
Staff
Spellbook of demonic rituals
Shattered mirror
Warlock clan pin.
"Beef" Jerky
Sanguine Rum
Water skin (full)

Shiney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 01:07:22 am »

hentai, Tentacle edition

Comfortable clothing

demonic rituals

Yup....
When you start seeing CoC in completely unrelated forum posts, It's a sign that maybe you've played too much...
But it's been a long time...
Perhaps it really does Corrupt. XD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:15:27 am by Shiney »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 01:16:39 am »

Zephyr, The Demon Swordmaster

Zephyr is the exiled seventh son of the strongest Demon Lord. Thus being an exile Zephyr is forced to take the form of a human. His human appearance is strange. His hair, and eyes are silver, and shine in the light. He is stands about 5 Ft 9 In tall, and is extremely thin, yet well built. The only way to tell he is not human is his tail that is ever present, and the overwhelming presence he has that surpasses most lesser beings. His demon form is very different from his human one. He stands a total of 7 feet tall, with fire filled eyes. His entire body is a darker tone, and covered in glowing lines, runes, symbols, and shapes that make sense only to him.

Zephyr is a wandering Swordmaster. He has unnatural speed, and ability with the sword that surpasses that of all who have dared to challenge him. He has slain many a man in his travels as he works for the man who pays the most. He wears no armor just simply clothing, but where ever he goes he carries to twin swords that are the shape of short shamshirs. One is Blood, Blood is the color of deep read, and has a ruby jewel embedded in its hilt. There is a black strip through the middle that makes it seem as if there is an eye in its hilt. The other is Moon, and is the color of the pale white of the moon, and is embedded with a ring of various jewels. In the middle of the ring is a shard of obsidian.

Upon his back is a tattoo of a massive eye. This is his seal, and when released it is replaced by hundreds of various runes.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:38:13 am by adwarf »

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 01:34:31 am »

hentai, Tentacle edition

Comfortable clothing

demonic rituals

Yup....
When you start seeing CoC in completely unrelated forum posts, It's a sign that maybe you've played too much...
But it's been a long time...
Perhaps it really does Corrupt. XD

Oh god. CoC is awesome. Needs more "Normal" girls though, and less...Eeeuurgh thingies.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 01:43:58 am »

Room 1: Walk across the room if I hear even the slightest sound sprint for the door on the other side.
Room 2: Release my seal, and challenge the Demon to a duel.
Room 3: Sit down, and kick my feet down at the empty space. If I feel nothing then crawl across. If I feel an invisible floor walk across
Room 4: Slowly make my way through leaving nicks with my sword in the tunnels I take
Room 5: Challenge the Behemoth to battle. use my speed to dash in, and unleash a flurry of attacks before retreating, and repeating when I see an opening
Room 6: Smash all the mirrors
Room 7: Uncover the entrance if the beasts notice me kill them.
Room 8: Hand him the gold. If he doesn't think its that Henry then kill him.
Room 9: "Being Powerless to fight for what I believe."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 03:58:51 am »

Inventory:
Leather tunic
Leather pants
Leather gloves
Leather underwear
Strange bag
Various basic materials used for alchemy stored in bag/Random crap in other words...
Modified Steel wrench
Henry Rifle  :P Modified matchlock musket
Knife, or was it a bayonet?
Searchglass Contraption
Edible food- Backpack
Potable water - Waterskin. Not the Strange Bag
Iron grappling hooks
Clockwork boots
Mustache polish
Phosphorus powder

{If this includes items on hand, then yes. The fact that we all lacked it confused me. Thanks for telling us!}
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:12:08 am by Tiruin »

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 10:03:23 am »

Oh god. CoC is awesome. Needs more "Normal" girls though, and less...Eeeuurgh thingies.
Not really. ;)

Anyway, inventory (Assume all professional equipment is of the corrosion-resistant variety)

Thieves' tools (lockpicks, probes and the like)
Gunpowder and fuses
Flint and steel
Small telescoping mirror
Climbing gear
Dagger
Leather jumpsuit, boots and fingerless gloves
Pouches and pockets containing random junk, mostly shiny baubles and coins
One emergency healing potion.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:06:09 am by Time Blossom »
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Shiney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amorphous RTD - TURN 1 - THE GAUNTLET
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 07:37:48 am »

Sorry for the Delay of things people, I may keep you waiting a few more days as life has dealt me a blow in the balls as of recent, but do know this thing Isn't dead before it started.

It only dawned on me once I started running people that I'm effectively running 9-20 turns worth (Plus Story lines, charachter sheets and Physics) of work in one sitting.
On top off that, Christmas crazieness, and random peoples pets dropped on me, I seem to be in sudden need of another job.
Yay.
So Things are slow but sit tight.  I'll get this moving soon enough

Also, this is important IF I SENT YOU A PM, REPLY BACK Also, copy paste the original pm I sent you in your reply, apparently the sent folder doesn't function by default.

Some of you may want to know PM's? Why did he send PMs?

As the GM of a RTD, it's my responsibility to run your actions through use of your characterization and the dice, and illustrate your character.
But even though I'm the one running your characters, they are still your characters, so when I run them through their turns, I can only have them do what you have implicitly suggested, or what you have characterized them to do.

If its in your action, I can do it. If it's the intention of your action, I can do it. If it's something I know your character would probably do, I can do it.
But if Your character comes to an open ended position where your characterization doesn't answer the question, I cant act, because if I did, I would be defining your character for you.

Basically, I need more information from you to continue.
And if I sent you a PM, This is probably why.

Another reason I might have sent a PM is because your character tried to gather some sort of information that may effect your judgement, and caution is part of your characters personality.
(Or your character stumbled upon such information by dumb luck :p)
I Originally said try to compensate for whatever, but I realize with the complexity of some of these rooms, that's near impossible without my involvement. So I fed you more information, but I'm still awaiting on a couple reply's of what people do with that information.

So if I sent you a PM, and you haven't replied yet, get back to me. :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:47:42 am by Shiney »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 07:41:27 am »

Knew this won't die. I wondered too if you could handle making those turns  ;)

Anyway, who isn't finished yet?

Shiney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 08:31:44 am »

WolfChild, You, and adwarf Never mind I just found that pm, so that will be done shortly...
Though I thought I sent one more pm but I forgot to who... perhaps I didn't need it after all O.o
I believe I owe you one more pm as well Tiruin.
Also have yet to finish Dave1004's run...

But I'm putting lots of LOVE into that one.
Pages: 1 [2]