Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Psychics & Mages RTD {Turn 3!}  (Read 5635 times)

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psychics & Mages RTD {Turn 0 -- players, post your actions}
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Turn 1

Renard rises to his feet and steals a quick glance of the barn. It's remarkably spacious. There's a ladder attached to a loft, and plenty of hay. He spots a pitchfork resting against the side of the wall and briefly considers grabbing it, before noticing a small chest hidden behind a hay bale. He approaches it, and pries it open without a second thought. Inside sits a small folding knife, small enough to fit in a pocket -- and there's some strange writing on the handle.
"Surprising to find something like this in a barn," he says to himself, picking it up by the handle. Flicking his wrist, he brings out the blade and tests its sharpness. Sharp enough to cut his thumb with no pressure whatsoever. Maybe there's a magical enchantment of some sort? Regardless, this knife will be useful for self-defense, should it come to it.

Gat notes there's only one entrance to the barn. The door's closed, and it looks like it could be barred shut if need be. He opens the door a crack. What awaits him is a hail of stones, battering into the side of the barn and the door almost immediately. Peasants scream and shout curses while he slams the door shut once more. He only got a quick glance, but there must've been at least a dozen, probably more. Some of them were armed.

Rotvic is unfazed. He suspects they'll set this barn on fire. No, this feeling transcends suspicion -- he knows they'll set it on fire. That's what villagers always do when the heroes are trapped in a barn. He looks around for anything flammable. Well, there's a lot of hay -- pretty dry, really -- and a lot of wood. The entire barn seems like it'd catch ablaze with the slightest prompting. With only one exit, an exit guarded by ravenous bloodthirsty villagers, it seems this is where their adventure will end. Oh, what a pity.
"On the bright side, I'll die with my friends..."
He shoots a glare toward Derm.

Derm is unfazed. He apparently doesn't care about the mob outside, or the absence of escape routes. He pokes around a bit. He kicks a hay bale. And another. And another. He kicks a fourth, and his foot meets something slightly more solid than expected. A whimper cries out. He reaches his arm in, grabs a hold of the solid object-thing and drags it out. Seems like it's a villager, judging from its clothes. It's in tears and covered in bruises.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, so so sorry," it repeats, cradling its head with calloused fingers.

"...Sorry for what?" asks Derm.
"I didn't mean to kill him, I didn't want to kill him, I -- " the villager is reduced to tears once more. He seems a bit distraught by something.
While Rotvic is wallowing in self-pity, Derm announces the situation.
"It seems the mob outside is looking for this man, here. A murderer, no less!"
"Then it's clear what we need to do. Hand him over, and we might even get a reward."
"Or hung for trespassing."
"Whatever we do, we'll have to do it before they decide to torch the place."
Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psychics & Mages RTD {Turn 1 at last}
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 10:44:21 pm »

"If need be I'll kill them." Renard says as he puts the knife away in his pocket, and licks the blood off his finger. "So what's the plan?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 10:49:58 pm »

"Well, either we toss 'im, or we interrogate him. Preemptive guess! You all are for interrogation, eh? Guess we could do that. And for the love of magic could you stop glaring at me like I'm the root of all evil? I'm not. Just most of it."

Anyhow, slap him in the face. "You have 300 words to explain yourself. They probably won't show mercy. Start talking."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 10:51:54 pm »

"And before we give you to them I'll draw a liter of your blood out through your fingers. Just enough that your still alive, but enough to cause shock." Renard says to the man as he pulls the knife back out, and gives it a small twirl.

Search for more useful items.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 10:52:53 pm »

"Just so you guys know, the moment a fire starts we're all going to be burned. So do what you want to do quick because I'd really rather not stay here.

Oh and Derm, if you show me your goddamn book ever again I'm going to shove it up your ass."

Inspect the barn wall opposite of the door for peasants.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 10:56:27 pm »

"You keep saying something about a book." Derm said over his shoulder. "I don't believe I ever owned that 'book'. I had a pamphlet once, but that was something completely different. Don't ask, I was drunk and those banana's were taunting me."

(t took me a minute to realize there was a book up there on turn 0. Please stop RPing me things that I probably should know IC but don't OOC. Like our location or what the hell that ritual was. I don't know! I've been told jack shit!)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:00:51 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 11:02:07 pm »

"...Bananas?

...Derm, why did they let you into the Academy in the first place? You seem more nutters than talented at magic.

Though considering you use chaos magic, that sounds like that's a good thing in a way...

And there definitely was a book. I distinctly remember something looking like a book on an altar. I've seen plenty of books before so I'm pretty sure I'd recognize a book."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »

(I don't know.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:51 pm »

What, you can't think up a background, no matter how silly it is? Come on man, it's not like Nilum made our characters. And considering your character is nutters, you could get away with fairly silly stuff.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 11:15:37 pm »

"Oh that! nonono, that was a tome! Magic damn man did they teach you nothing in 'relics and artifacts'? A book is a stack of paper with words on it that serve the muggles. A tome is a stack of bound velum that holds inscriptions and magic and such! Basic stuff, c'mon."

Derm shrugs. "As for acceptance... I actually can't remember a time before the academy, come to think of it. I've always been there. Something about fluxes in... stuff. Something about a... lid? Teachers were always nervous 'round me, that much I know. Especially after the banana incident. Ugh, I got a headache now, thanks."

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 12:06:55 am »

Bar the door, then grab the pitchfork leaning on the wall.

"Whether he remembers it or not, I bet Derm had something to do with this. No really, I'm taking wagers. 1:10 on the chaos mage, got any takers?"
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 12:14:22 am »

"I bet 200 imaginary coins. No, make that 500.

I tried being friends with another chaos mage before... he turned himself into a monkey perpetually on fire."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 07:31:17 am »

{Requesting waitlist.}

*Sees Turn 2 bottom text*

Spoiler: Character Sheet! (click to show/hide)

Sorry its long...It just struck me for some reason.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:37:04 am by Tiruin »

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psychics & Mages RTD {Turn 0 -- players, post your actions}
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 11:08:47 am »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Turn 2

"Listen up, scum. Are you listening?"
Derm begins his interrogation of the shaken peasant-man. The apparent killer glances from the ground to Derm to the ground again. He nods.
"Then look at me."
The stern voice doesn't have much of a calming effect. Rather, it seems to make the peasant more nervous. Derm steps forward and brings his palm to bear against the man's face. The strength of the blow topples him over and he resumes his whimpering.
"I swear I didn't mean to kill him! The, the pigs, they did it on their own, I mean,"
"Pigs? What?" Derm looks confused.
"We're probably on a farm, Derm," says Renard as he prowls the barn for anything of use.
"Right, but how do pigs kill someone?"
"By eating them, probably. Or trampling. Use your imagination."

Derm focuses his attention on the peasant again.
"If the pigs ate him, then how is that your fault?"
The peasant starts and stops. Then, very quietly, he says,
"...I can talk to animals."
Derm rolls his eyes.
"So he's probably a telepath. He probably wanted some guy dead and the pigs picked up on his negative thoughts. Then when feeding time rolled around, the pigs decided to bite the hand that fed," says Derm , confident in his analysis of the situation.
"That's rather reasonable, really. Not what I'd expect from a mage of chaos, though," murmurs Rotvic.
"It's obvious he's at fault. Not being in control of your own power is worse than death," says Gat without emotion.
"That's what they say anyway. This backwater village probably hasn't even seen a real psychic. They aren't equipped to deal with them."

Gat walks over to the pitchfork, picking it up and resting it over his shoulder. He lowers a block of wood across the door, fitting it into place. The doors are locked. He notes that the pitchfork is light -- not bad for thrusting at unarmored foes -- and sharp. It seems like it's seen better days, though; badly rusted in spots, it might come apart if used too carelessly.

Renard continues his search. Spotting a glint in the corner of his eye, he approaches, leaning in. He picks up what looks to be a lantern and almost drops it. Fortunately, there's no flame. It's unremarkably featureless; this tool was designed and built for function and nothing else.

The pitiful telepath asks a question.
"I heard you mention magic, you... you wouldn't happen to be mages, would you? I, I guess that'd explain your outfits. Are, are you noblemen?"

Meanwhile, Rotvic presses his ear against the western side of the barn, opposite the door. He can hear only muffled sounds of anger coming from a mob. Examining the wall closer, he notices a particularly weakened piece of wood, and pries it out of the way. Peeking outside, he realizes that while most of the mob has collected on the other side of the building, a few -- mostly children or women -- seem to be waiting on this side. They could make a run for it and hope the only projectiles the damn peasants have are stones.

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)

A note for the waitlisters: if you guys write up character sheets, you probably won't need to wait until someone dies to enter the game.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:57:29 pm by Nilum »
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psychics & Mages RTD {Turn 2!}
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 01:24:12 pm »

"Well looks like its time to start." Renard said as he drew the pocket knife, and pressed it against his arm, then he dragged it a little bit across his arm.

Cut my arm for the blood.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5