Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Survival Space: RTD; Turn 4 - This Looks Valuable  (Read 4298 times)

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival Space: RTD
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 10:52:25 pm »

Lime

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Survival Space: RTD; Turn 1 - Survival in Hell ...
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:51 pm »

Turn 1 - Survival in Hell ...

All
You are roughly shaken to awareness by a group of heavily armed guards, their faces are obscured by gas masks, and their bodies covered by Titanium Reinforced Armor. Before you can take in more you are thrown through an airlock into a dimly lit room with a well of water in the center. Taking a moment to get acquainted with your surroundings you find a computer terminal at the north of the room, another in the south corner that reads 'Vendor', and a sleeping area in the northern corner. The lights continue to flicker on, and off as you walk around the room, and come face to face with a locked door, the viewing window is covered with blood on the other side, and you can see nothing.

Just as you finish looking around the PA system kicks on, and you hear a man begin speaking "Welcome Contestants to The Gauntlet !!! You low-lives have been chosen to get a chance of freedom. If you survive the hundreds of other challengers on this station, and the beings that lurk in the darkness within then you will have gotten closer to your freedom. Each of you represents a team, and the team that manages to gather 10,000 Kill Points earns their freedom. For more information check out the Vendor terminals in your starting rooms. Now let The Gauntlet begin !!!!' With that a sounds rings through the room, and the terminal by the door reads unlocked, but the door remains shut. Thus it begins ...

Spoiler: Jane Angel, wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jane Jacobs, Noodlerex (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Team Start Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:10:53 pm by adwarf »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Survival Space: RTD; Turn 1 - Survival in Hell ...
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 11:08:05 pm »

Head over to the vendor and see what I can buy.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 11:30:23 pm »

Check out the northern terminal, if there's still time after walk down to the vendor.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »

I'll also head to the vendor, to try and sell my current firearm in preference to a pistol. Please let me browse although! And sell what I want.

One question: About my skill, Quick-draw. Is the "attack first" automatic, a la every battle, and the activated "Shoot twice in one turn" the one with the cool-down, or do they both have it?

And holy carp! We may yet get another turn! Quick, message Wolfchild! Don't you leave us, Adwarf! :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:37:15 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:24 pm »

Check out the vendor, make sure there is no-one else in the room
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 11:40:09 pm »

The Cooldown counts for both, and 2nd turn incoming (May take a while due to the vendor list ... no wait never mind forgot that I had the ship take-off.)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 11:42:23 pm »

The Cooldown counts for both, and 2nd turn incoming (May take a while due to the vendor list ... no wait never mind forgot that I had the ship take-off.)

Alright. But, you know, uh...Er, that 8 turn cooldown is really harsh. I mean, that sneaky guy gets a THREE TIMES damage bonus, and a 3 turn cooldown. If he does 10 damage, bam that's 30.

8 turns and I get to shoot twice and get the first shot. Decent, but...Not for eight turns. Any way that i can get an ability re-roll? Maybe just have it so that I get to shoot first in every battle, without a cooldown? D:

8 turns is about two weeks of play generally. And 'scuse the whining D:...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 11:59:14 pm »

I forgot to put the 'Lasts 10 Turns' part into your skill description. Sorry :(

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 12:03:28 am »

I'm suddenly one sexy, sexy overpowered monkey.

Isn't that basically, uh...Permanent? I take it all back, this skill is amazing as hell. Thanks! Didn't mean to be a whiny prick about it, but I just -hate- when things are unfair...

On note of that, any reason why I get 12 HP? And I get a pretty decent starting gear layout...That poor mental guy starts with, like, nothing. Maybe I should give him my knife x.x. And one of his abilities are bad...Should one of mine be bad?

Sorry to whine. Good luck on the turn! Let me know if I can do anything to help. Also:

What's the average KP grab? Like, is 250 really high, and 50 really low? Or is 50 really really low, and 250 is...Low? Thanks :P.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 12:13:36 am »

I'm suddenly one sexy, sexy overpowered monkey.

Isn't that basically, uh...Permanent? I take it all back, this skill is amazing as hell. Thanks! Didn't mean to be a whiny prick about it, but I just -hate- when things are unfair...

On note of that, any reason why I get 12 HP? And I get a pretty decent starting gear layout...That poor mental guy starts with, like, nothing. Maybe I should give him my knife x.x. And one of his abilities are bad...Should one of mine be bad?

Sorry to whine. Good luck on the turn! Let me know if I can do anything to help. Also:

What's the average KP grab? Like, is 250 really high, and 50 really low? Or is 50 really really low, and 250 is...Low? Thanks :P.
50 KP will bot buy much else than some spare ammunition. With 250 KP you can buy some of the better starting weapons, and medical supplies. As for your skill being overpowered, it only effects when you first start a gunfight with an enemy (You get the benefits on each separate enemy, but still)

250 = Poor
50 = Dirt Poor

For an example look at the most expensive thing on your list, and then at Sinpwn's list

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Survival Space: RTD; Turn 2 - Vendorama
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 12:13:59 am »

Turn 2 - Vendorama

Jane Angel
You quickly check to make sure no one else is in the room, and only find several cameras leering at you, and the various areas you had already checked out. That done you walk over to the Vendor, and tap the screen once the words 'Accessing Network' appear on the screen, and are quickly replaced by a list of various odds, and ends as well as the price costs for them.

Spoiler: Shopping List (click to show/hide)

Sinclair Jameson
You head straight to the vendor to see what you have access to, and notice a card slot just below the terminal. Just at random you decide to put your Black Market Dealer Card in, and the screen flashes as a skull appears on the screen, and a voice says "Welcome." With that the screen flickers off, and you think it may have died, but just as you start to walk away it comes back up, and a list of stuff appears on screen.

Artemis Entreri
You go over to the Vendor in the hopes of selling your rifle, but after you pull up the shopping list, and switch over to the sale area it reads "Ship has Left 1 Day until its Return", it seems you can't sell anything until the ship returns. You also quess the ship must bring some more stuff then the Vendor to sell due to the list of unavailable items on the shopping list.

Jane Jacobs
You walk over to the northern console, and take a seat in the computer chair before flicking the power button for the monitor. It takes a minute, but the monitor finally flickers on to reveal a map of the current room, a blinking dot, you, and a lit lightning bolt in the upper right hand corner of the room you are currently in. You guess this keeps track of all the areas you have discovered, so far as well as showing which rooms have power, and which don't. You also believe with the right adjustments, and the right wiring you could hook up some kind of security system to this thing, of course you have no idea how to go about that.

Spoiler: Jane Angel, wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jane Jacobs, Noodlerex (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Team Start Map (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival Space: RTD; Turn 2 - Vendorama
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 12:18:25 am »

I'll purchase two 5x clips, and then immediately start searching the surrounding area for anything of value. Looking anywhere is fine, but try and stay a bit close to the group.

And we begin! Woo-hoo :P.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 12:20:49 am »

I want to note that Sinpwn's Black Market items are about Mid-Level Gear. Also once you get some items if you don't want them you can either sell them, or leave them in the Team Starting Room for the next of your team mates to use.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 01:17:00 am »

Buy the plasma welder, then head out the door.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4