Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge a Trap  (Read 6560 times)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge a Trap
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 11:53:00 pm »

Derm (dermonster): Enters the next room!

The magical dice say...

[6]! You enter what seems to be a room covered in broken chunks of rock and dirt. It's quite round, but the passageway out of it is very narrow. You can't see the ceiling, but you step forwards anyways...

MONSTER! A horrible beast steps out from the shadows! It's a...[3] Shifty Rat! It looks hungry, and probably venemous. I wouldn't let it be around for long...

Nassir (Urist Mcinternetuser): [5] Grabs the doorway! You reach out with all your might...And manage to grab ahold of it! Lucky save! You look down, and see a strange liquid seeping into the stones. Seems safe to cross now...You walk down to the end of the room. At the bottom, there's a horrible LAVA pit. You wouldn't have wanted to fall in there...Luckily, you didn't. You prepare to advance to the next room...

Archerin (Tiruin): Search for a way out! You stare at the horribly dented skeleton for a few moments, and then suddenly run past it! [6]. It tries to grab you, but fails horrible! One of it's arms seems to fall off. (-5 HP). You reach the end of the room, and there is a door. You open it and prepare to...Do what? The skeleton is on the ground, he won't be moving for a bit.

Players
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Monsters

(Any tips on how I can improve this? Or do you notice any glaring flaws? Please inform me if so! :P)

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 11:54:12 pm »

TAME RAT.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 11:55:21 pm »

So I assume my new options, are south, east, and west?
What if we run into another player?
Also WEST!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 11:57:10 pm »

So I assume my new options, are south, east, and west?
What if we run into another player?
Also WEST!

Who knows? You could kill 'em if you really want. Or trade. Or, well, who knows? And yes, you can choose to go either NORTH/EAST/SOUTH/WEST...Thing is, even if you back-track, you'll still end up in a random room. Fiendish place, eh?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 03:30:04 am »

Hmmm, immobile eh?

>Stroke chin with right hand while planning an attack, either pummeling it with bare hands or get the sword and strike it down with the pommel until death.

Then grab severed arm and hold it in other hand, exit to next room. The one that did not specify direction, the one with the open door.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 11:53:49 am »

Name: Nassir (Urist Mcinternetuser): Adventure into the WEST!

Magical dice roll lands on...[10]! The door you opened creaks ever so slightly, opening at a slow pace. Past it is inky blackness, with nary a sliver of light anywhere. You steel up and continue on...

In a flash of light, you're suddenly standing somewhere very strange! It seems to be some sort of arcade, but of the type you've never seen. Most of the "Games" are cruelly adorned with spikes of bone, and you swear that there's flesh hanging off the ceiling. In the middle of the room is a gigantic wheel, with a quiet...Man? Thing? Standing beside it. Past him is a door, that seemingly leads to the room exit. The man beckons for you to come forwards...What do you do?
Hint:

Name: Derm (dermonster): Tame RAT!

You slowly walk up to the strange rat, cooing in a gentle voice. It seems to be trying to think of what to do...[4-1] Difficulty modifier) But, sadly, it doesn't work. At least it's not immediately attacking you, but it's definitely still not happy. Should you continue on your way, or...?
You also hear a strange clunking noise, coming from the back of the room. The rat doesn't seem particularly interested, however.

Name: Archerin (Tiruin): Do crazy stuff!

In a sudden flash of brilliance, you spint forwards, aiming for the Skeletons sword...[5]. You barely manage to nick the blade from the Skeleton's bony grasp, and quickly re-position it to suit your fighting style. After that, you attack! (Since the enemy is "Stunned" so to speak, he gets a defensive roll, but it's -3.)

Damage: Tiruin [4]
Defence: Skeleton [1]

Tiruin lands a solid blow on the skeleton's head! He deals 3 damage. This angers the skeleton to no end, and it slowly begins to stand up! It should be ready soon...Which probably won't be fun. You never know though...

I hope that I'm doing okay...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 11:58:56 am »

Investigate clunk.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 04:07:58 pm »

You're doing fine.
Also, I want to spin the wheel!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 11:28:14 pm »

{Your doing fine!}

>Slowly back towards the wall, feigning cowardice. Then charge when it advances and fight UNTIL DEATH, aim for joints and use the pommel of the sword.

If ever enemy dies, proceed to next room.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 12:10:25 am »

Name: Derm (dermonster): Investigate that clunk! You slowly head towards the strange noise. The room seems to almost grow longer, and the feeling of claustrophobia overwhelms you. Striking a brilliant idea, you look behind you at the still rat, and...[3]. It doesn't seem interested in you, nor the noise. It scurries off, which may or may not be a good sign. Anyhow, you reach the end of the wall, where the strange noise is originating. The only thing out of the ordinary you can see, is a small box. Leaning down, you see there's a slight indenture in it, the shape and size of someone's palm. You hear the clunking noise inside the box...[Intuition roll: 6]. You have a feeling that it'll work out fine if you place your hand in it, but you never know...Your gut isn't exactly the most accurate thingimabob...

Name: Nassir (Urist Mcinternetuser): Spin the Wheel! You slowly walk up to the wheel, and stare at the strange...Thing standing beside it. He says nothing, but simply gestures towards the wheel once more. He seems harmless, but you keep an eye on him...You reach out, and grab one of the spokes in the wheel. After taking a deep breath, you spin it...

Round and round the wheel goes, taking a seemingly indefinite amount of time to stop. Finally, it begins to slow it's spinny-ness, and stops on...The number [2]. Suddenly, a loud CRACKLE is heard above you! In your shock, you [1] Kinda stand there. You don't even seem to notice the noise. A loud click is heard infront of you, and the wheel opens...Revealing a Minor Treasure! Wait, no, there seems to be three items? You look at the strange man, and he holds up one finger, and then points at the items. You figure he means...[Intuition roll: 6] That you should only take one. But, it's your choice...The items are:

A small pair of glowing slippers.
A wicked looking knife, with small thorns on the handle.
A tarnished coin.

Which do you take...? All, one, none?

Name: Archerin (Tiruin): Execute flawless plan! In a sudden flash of inspiration, you...[4] slowly shuffle towards the wall, looking meek. The skeleton doesn't really seem to care, and charges at you (Well, as fast as a bunch of bones can go.) You suddenly leap forwards,  your momentum taking the undead by surprise! (+1 to all Attack Rolls this battle.)

COMBAT!

After picking up the coins, Archerin heads towards the nearest door. He prepares to open it...(Sorry, I'm tired x.x. You'll have to open it your next turn :D.)

Players

Please note any errors ^^.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 12:13:12 am »

Palm to machine!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 12:19:40 am »

>Calmly leap in exaltation of my win. Open door and head inside confidently.

Nice 2 hp regeneration in the last round btw, good thing it was corrected immediately! :D

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 12:21:14 am »

I will take the coin.
And head South!
The direction doesn't matter so much.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:49:43 am by Urist Mcinternetuser »

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 12:41:10 am »

I don't know whether to shout in glee, or cry. Ah, well, on to the next turn!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 01:03:07 am »

Name: Derm (dermonster): Palm to machine! With only a slight bit of hesitation, you kneel down and place your hand on the outline...Of, well, a hand. You know. The machine begins to whirr, and the top slowly opens. Inside of the machine there seems to be...[5]. A little mechanical mouse is sitting there, staring up at you quizzically*. You remove your palm from the box, and hold it open infront of the mouse. With a tiny click, it jumps onto your hand and stays there. Turning it over, you notice a large screw, the kind that can be wound up. [Intuition Roll: 4]. A small inscription (really small) reads: "To activate this minion, merely wind the screw." It's an interesting contraption, especially considering how it's alive. You set the mouse on the floor, and it scurries behind you. You head towards the exit of the room, and the mouse follows you...Seems you have a buddy! (Derm gained Mechanical Mouse: Accessory!) You then head to another room...

Opening the door, you enter a strange area. It seems like you're outside on a snowy mountain, but you don't feel cold, nor do you hear anything. Still, a wind blows around you, and dark trees sway ominously. You can't see any walls or doors, so...What should you do?

Name: Archerin (Tiruin): Leap in the air and exit the room! You take a deep breath, and give a jump for joy! [5]. Luckily, there weren't any gigantic spiders or horrible head-eaters above you. Good thing. You walk towards the door, and confidently open it...

You enter another room. (Of course.) The only thing different, is that this room is absolutely filled with plants. The air is buzzing with insects and the smell of pollen is overpowering. You cautiously advance forwards through the greenery, until you light upon a clearing. Sitting in the middle on a small mushroom is a tiny fairy, with gossamer wings and a mischievous smile. The moment she notices you, she gets up and begins to fly away, but stops suddenly. With her tiny hand she beckons you forwards, but suddenly flits in the opposite direction! You don't know what to make of it, but you do see the door out of this room..[Intuition Roll: 6] (How do you guys get such good rolls!? What?...) Your instincts tell you that the fairy probably wants to be caught, but you don't know why, or even if you can. Maybe there's something in the room that can help...

Name: Nassir (Urist Mcinternetuser): I will take the coin. You reach out, and calmly grasp the coin. One side is cold to the touch, while the other is warm. You try and understand it...[Intuition Roll: 5] (Okay, I'm not kidding. These are legit, D&D dice rolls. I...I don't know either.) You guess that to activate it, you probably have to flip it. Who knows what it does...You pocket the coin for now anyways. You head to the end of the hall room, and open the door...

You step into what seems to be a laboratory. There's vials and beakers, strange liquids and mad scribblings on desks all around you. You see a hunched figure, leaning over a short desk. You don't know what to make of it, but you continue forwards...With a start, the woman straightens up, and gives you a strange look.

"What's this? An adventurer in my lab?", croons the old hag. "I don't know what you're here for, but I know that you came at a good time. You see, I be needing some help...With a certain experiment. I've been working on a potion that's supposed to heal whoever drinks it, but I can't find a proper test subject! No, no, no, it wouldn't work on me, I don't feel like hurting myself to test it." She tilts her head thoughtfully, and continues. "If you'd like, I would gladly give you a few spare potions from my lab, and the only price is that you let me try this healing liquid on you. All I have to do is give you a small cut, and then you drink it. Nothing dangerous...So, what say you, boy?"

[Intuition Roll: 2] You don't know what to make of the old hag, but there's a door behind her, most likely leading out. What do you do...?

Players

*(I don't know what word this is.)
If you can see any way to improve my writing, I'd love to know. I've never really wrote (Well, typed, whatever...) a "Story" before, so I'm probably horribly bad. Doesn't help that half the words I use I don't even know the meaning of! Glad that you guys are sticking with this RTD, I appreciate it! Truly, I do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8