Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Bay12, You Are the Best! Thread  (Read 13576 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bay12, You Are the Best! Thread
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:39:33 am »

So I thought I should recreate the nominations thread in a friendlier format. So this is pretty similar, you nominate people, except there is only one category and everyone wins it, it's called "the best".

Popularity contests are silly, and often annoying, but it's nice to be able to tell someone you appreciate or like them every once in a while. Which is why I'm making this thread!

The rules are simple:
1. This is a nice, frivolous thread, if you want to say nasty things about someone go somewhere else.
2. You may nominate as many people as you like, as many times as you like.
3. You may nominate someone who has been nominated by someone else. Though I would much prefer you nominate someone who hasn't been nominated, or been nominated very often, there are far too many people on the forum... or heck even on the planet that go unsung despite their awesomeness.
4. Don't be bitter.

So, to get things started I'm going to pick a couple people more or less at random...
My memory is actually horrible for placing people and actions together, and frankly I can never remember who half two-thirds any of you folks are. But I'm going to try anyway.

RedKing: Thank you for bringing up some awesome movies and generally being a chill forum member. Redking, you are the best.
Quinnr: This one is mostly for the avatar (am I the only one who finds it a soothing sight?), but you're also a chill character who is made of chill. You are the best.

There are many, many, others of course, but I'm going to leave it to you guys to fill in the rest.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:39:28 pm by Pnx »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12, You Are the Best! Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:44:28 am »

I'd like to thank Flying Dice and Jacob/Lee for being such frequent faces in the Other Games section. I can almost always count on one or the other showing up to join the discussion.

d('.'d)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 03:51:20 am »

I'd like to thank...
Blade Master Model 42 for being twice the GM I'll ever be able to be
freeformschooler for being a good artist and a good friend
Robocorn for the Space Voyage. It's good to see an art-adventure continue so long and still have a bit of jolly frivolity.
And the countless people in the few Other Games threads I frequent for answering my occasionally retarded questions and correcting some of the dumber things I've said.

It's been a good 2011, with quite a few laughs. I look forward to all the nutty things to come in 2012.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 04:01:02 am »

webadict, for organizing so much stuff
Jonathon, the reason I joined B12

Now to do a strategically timed giveaway...
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 04:10:02 am »

I would like to thank Kael for that server and being pretty much awesome, and Vector for her tireless work improving the human race, especially in the area of convincing people that aspergers != fucktard.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 04:12:59 am »

I have a lot of people I'd like to thank for several things, but rest assured. If you arent on this list I'm about to post you're not any lesser. I honestly love you all bay12. As despite my feelings on the state of the board being formerly cynical, i've lightened up and come to find you all just as awesome as I used to.

Okay here goes...

Chaoticag and SHAD0Wdump for being two of my absolutely best friends. Seriously you two are awesome.

WorkerDrone For being another best friend. You're gone I know, but definately not forgotten. Good luck man.

I'd also like to thank Newmartianemperor for being one of the biggest surprises to me. You turned out to be a great person despite some thoughts I had about you.

Of course, Ein for just being generally awesome.

I can't forget Aqizzar either. No I'm never letting you live down being baron.

Also of course, Vector. I might not 100% agree with you all the time but Ill be damned if you aren't one of the most intelligent and likable people on the forum!

I also thank Flying Dice and Kaijuu. If it wasn't for you two I'd probably of missed out on a great show I now love. Not to mention being from what I see very pleasant people.

I don't know the guy personally, but I'd also like to recognize Hemmingjay for being a damn community santa. You rock dude, even if I've never entered one of your giveaway dealys.

Also despite being gone for some time, and coming back, and going, and coming back, over and over. I'd like to also nominate Vester. Your art was awesome and really, you're also a nice and intresting person on top of that.

There might be more but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. I'd like to also recognize the community at large. We might have some rough spots, and not all of us agree with eachother. But the long and short of it is, I haven't found another place like this I'd be willing to call my home on the internet. And that says a hell of a lot.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 04:19:48 am »

There might be more but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. I'd like to also recognize the community at large. We might have some rough spots, and not all of us agree with eachother. But the long and short of it is, I haven't found another place like this I'd be willing to call my home on the internet. And that says a hell of a lot.
HEAR HEAR!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 04:21:06 am »

My thanks goes to Deon, for being one of the first few people to help me out in my very first thread. 

To Fniff, for trading video game ideas with me. 

To all of Bay12, for being the best forum I have seen yet. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 04:29:35 am »

I'd like to thank these entire forums for not being such ignorant and idiotic tools, contrary to the rest of the internet. This is pretty much the only place I know of where I can see actual honest intellectually stimulating debates, as well as other crazily awesome ideas and brainstorming. I really should stop lurking these forums as much as I do, so I can be a part of them more.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 05:00:54 am »

I'd like to thank these entire forums for not being such ignorant and idiotic tools, contrary to the rest of the internet. This is pretty much the only place I know of where I can see actual honest intellectually stimulating debates, as well as other crazily awesome ideas and brainstorming.

What Myroc said.

Also, special thanks go to KaelGotDwarves, for being generally awesome and for running a cool server 24/7, and Deon/TomiTapio for the Genesis mod, and their general helpfulness in the modding forum.

And some new additions...

webadict, for hosting and donating a ton of games in his Mega-Giveaway thread.
Haspen, for being an awesome builder in Kael's Terraria server, as well as being a nice person.
Necro910, for being an amusing derailer. Too bad he isn't here with us anymore.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 12:25:01 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 05:39:47 am »

Draignean: Thank you for creating D22 and continuing it for... 10 months despite the amazingly complex rules you have. I've had some real fun. Your games are almost always guaranteed quality that far surpasses what I could ever hope to match.
IronyOwl: You've never been a guy that I love, but you've always been a guy that I've always, always been content with for some strange reason. And always moderately interesting.
SeriousConcentrate: For being a good bud all the time and thus a guy I like "being" around. You and your three up arrows...

I'd like to thank these entire forums for not being such ignorant and idiotic tools, contrary to the rest of the internet. This is pretty much the only place I know of where I can see actual honest intellectually stimulating debates, as well as other crazily awesome ideas and brainstorming. I really should stop lurking these forums as much as I do, so I can be a part of them more.
Indeed. I really like the extremely tolerant (?), varied, and interesting community we've got here.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 07:05:16 am »

My list is too long! I will list the highlights.

I would like to thank Heliman for being a totally cool friend despite being some random Internet person.
Criptfeind for surprising me and turning out to actually not be such a bad guy despite my expectations.
Bdthemag and Darvi for starting forum shenanigans with me. So many shenanigans.
applesauce machine, despite being mostly gone from Bay12, for hanging around and being hilarious with me all the time. Right up there with my other best friend.
Iceball3 and Merchant of Menace don't need a reason.
Aklyon for being my go-to source of tech news and humor.
And, lastly, all the forum games and RTD people: Dwarmin, SeriousConcentrate, lawastooshort, TherosPherae, cerepa... etc. for providing me so much entertainment and encouraging me to entertain.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 09:35:47 am »

I'd like to thank Pnx for turning a terrible idea into something that us actually kind of cool. A bay12 Appreciation thread is not a bad thing.

I'd like to thank Scriver for being all sorts of awesome, and NewsMuffin and Bdthemag for being almost as awesome. Note that your awesomeness corresponds almost exactly to how reliably you appear in my games. ;)

I'd like to nominate Girlinhat, and I'm not even sure why! I just like reading her posts.

I'd like to thank Strife for being generally awesome, going overseas, and coming back without any holes. It is much appreciated.

I'd like to thank Freeformschooler for having an avatar that always cheers me up and for doing some enjoyable artwork for my ill fated Terrarria RTD

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 09:37:01 am »

Ah now this sounds like fun!

Leafsnail, JoshuaFH, ZChris13, The Blind People (Duke), Aqizzar, Taz, Tack, Kinseti, Reasonableman, WorkerDrone, Itnetlolor, anybody I'm sadly forgetting for talking to me on Steam.  It is like the majority of my conversations, ever.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:13 am »

Now this is more like it; there was a reason I didn't get involved in the last thread.  :D

I'd like to thank these entire forums for not being such ignorant and idiotic tools, contrary to the rest of the internet. This is pretty much the only place I know of where I can see actual honest intellectually stimulating debates, as well as other crazily awesome ideas and brainstorming.

What Myroc said.

So much. There is no way I'll be able to remember to name everyone on here that I should, so if you aren't on this short list, it isn't because I don't like you! :3

Sean Mirrsen, for being an awesome artist, and for being part of a certain group, along with Dsarker, Janet, TheBronzePickle, MC Dirty, kaijyuu, Fniff, Impending Doom, Jacob/Lee, and Necro910 (RIP), all of whom are amazing people that make me happier every day.  :)

KaelGotDwarves, for running one of the most awesome servers ever.

Everyone who has contributed to the Aurora thread, because I couldn't backtrack through several hundred pages making sure I didn't miss anyone.  :P

But yeah, those are a very, very short list of people. For reference as to my actual feelings:
these entire forums

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8