Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Bay12, You Are the Best! Thread  (Read 13574 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12, You Are the Best! Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2011, 12:45:21 am »

Necro910. I'll miss you, you MAGMAAAAA-y bastard :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2011, 12:47:31 am »

Hmm, how did Necro get banned anyways?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2011, 12:48:39 am »

Hmm, how did Necro get banned anyways?
He would really post off-topic thing's in threads in the lower forums all of the time, he was muted three times before Toady just outright banned him after he continued doing it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2011, 01:53:16 am »

Here are my nominations:
Deon, for increasing my interest in DF
Phoebus, for helping my understand what was going on thanks to his texture pack
Various modmakers, who I gain inspiration from
The Bay12 community, for its tolerance and general helpfulness.
And, of course, myself for starting an account in this wonderland.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2011, 02:11:11 am »

I couldn't namecheck everyone I'd want to recognize as a cool person, because I know I'd forget people, so I'll just say that I love you guys.

I was pleasantly surprised to see this is a pleasant thread, which just backs it up.  Yay everyone, no matter how uncomfortable threads can get sometimes.  I've noticed we have less flamewars than we used to, but I suppose excessive backpatting is a lot better than the alternative.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2011, 06:02:02 am »

Deon for increasing my interest in modding DF.

Putnam for helping me with a lot of my modding, as well as Greiger

Vector who always has something interesting to say and all of her posts are very intelligent; ie. a rare thing on the internet.

Ein because she likes the same music as me (Ephixa, etc.)

Loud Whispers and King DZA for commenting on some of the writing I've been doing.

Glyphgryph for being very helpful with Pokemon Orthoclase.

Shook is always good for a laugh.

Gizogin who inspired me (because of his Corrupts) to attempt to make a molten metal syndrome bite. It didn't work, unfortunately.

Logrin for Boss Knight.

And the rest of you. This is the best forum I've ever been on.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2011, 06:24:55 am »

I normally don't but I think I'd like to join in the festivities.

First, a few people I consider 'bros' on the board, in no particular order...
Dwarmin: For being one of the best writers as both a GM and a character in my opinion, and for being fun to write alongside. I still fondly remember that I was going to keep CvRTD as 5 players until he submitted Friar Greenmoore and I liked the character enough that I bumped the player cap, although that set a bad precedent and now I have ten peeps running about. :P No worries, though.
Taricus: One of the handful of people I've talked to in IRC. We have quite a few personality quirks in common and he's one of the first people I warmed up to.
Tarran: One of the other first few people I started taking a liking to. I think of/tend to treat him like a younger cousin. :3 And, of course... FORE! >:3
Draignean: For general brilliance and crafting Dev-22. Of all the RP I've done across 14 years, Dominique Wakeman is, if not my favorite, at least second favorite character I've enjoyed writing for and I have to give him due props for creating and maintaining an interesting world and story. Additionally he's been doing good work with the Lovecraft-based RTD, although that's only a few turns in. ^^^

Second, the people I usually write with whether player or GM, in no particular order...
adwarf
wolfchild
Darvi
Ahra
IronyOwl
Talarion:
Gets a bit of a special mention for being the first person to join the first RTD I ever GMed. I appreciate the chance taken on my writing, and I hope it's entertaining. ^^^
freeformschooler
Zako
Powder Miner
micelus
Riccto
Grimmjow6th
Krath
_DivideByZero_
lawastooshort
Ochita
Frelock
kilakan
V-Norrec
Digital Hellhound

If I've left anyone out, sorry. I have a poor memory. ^^^;

Third, miscellaneous people for various reasons...
Logrin: For Boss Knight, and being an awesome artist in general.
Shook: For making me laugh with his takes on common DF occurrences.
Rephikul: For the intensifying mod.
Haspen: For showing faith in my writing and asking me to run a Fire Emblem RTD. I haven't finished working on the system yet due to getting waylaid with illness, but I haven't forgotten it!
Jonathan S. Fox: For doing his work on LCS as a labor of love.
Deon: For his work modding Dwarf Fortress and LCS.
Toady & Threetoe: For DF, the creation of LCS, and starting this forum. If it wasn't for that, I probably never would have met any of y'all.
DarkerDark: For making me jelly as hell with his artistic skills. ;_;

Fourth, groups in general...
You Are King II
Castlevania RTD
The RTD subforum
Bay12 in general
The people making all the utilities like Runesmith
The people who make kickass tilesets for DF
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 11:50:03 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2011, 06:55:52 am »

Now, that's a sizable li-

I think of/tend to treat him like a younger cousin. :3
Well, considering I AM younger than you it makes sense...

But at the same time I consider that a capital offense. As a capital offense, you must be punished via friendly fire.

And, of course... FORE! >:3
Indeedy dandy.

Anyway, to keep this post from being a useless post:
VincValentine for making the most interesting RTD I had been in early in my forum-ship (even though it was shortish). Wherever you are man, thanks for giving me that.
Paranatural for being a sort of friend a long time ago.
Everyone/Anyone who had faith in me after I flopped two RTDs (not counting Westlands because it wasn't so bad of a flop), a bunch of forum games, and still continued playing my RTDs. IronyOwl again has the most of my thanks, for being in 4 of my 7(?) games, and still joining them to this day.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2011, 11:44:08 am »

I nominate Logrin for drawing a picture of a knight surfing a wave whilst screaming I am awesome. *masterpiece*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2011, 12:07:33 pm »

I want to thank:

Max White
Janet
freeformschooler
GlyphGryph
MetalSlimeHunt
Barbarossa TSG
Aqizzar
Iituem
Phantom
Org
webadict

For various reasons in no particular order.

With a Special mention to:

Jackrabbit: For being the reason I joined these forums and for being a cool guy and some other stuff.
Cthulhu: Although we no longer are so friendly, back when the RPGs were popping up all over the place we always seemed to end up together, and we always seemed to get along. I would think it is fair to say that without you I would have had a lot less fun in all the shitty games. Also Ulf was always my favorite.
The Merchant Of Menace: Out of everyone in these forums, you have proved me wrong the most, which is something I hold dear.

Very special mention to Cheddarius. I am sorry.

neil_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2011, 12:30:48 pm »

Here are my nominations:
Deon, for increasing my interest in DF
Phoebus, for helping my understand what was going on thanks to his texture pack
Various modmakers, who I gain inspiration from
The Bay12 community, for its tolerance and general helpfulness.
And, of course, myself for starting an account in this wonderland.

All this, but for Deon, Im sure Deon is a real hoopy frood, but It'd be weird to go nominating at random.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2011, 02:07:04 pm »

I couldn't namecheck everyone I'd want to recognize as a cool person, because I know I'd forget people, so I'll just say that I love you guys.

I also want to point out the users that have been around for a while but were like 12 a few years ago. I remember one of them (maybe Toony? I'm going to be lazy and assume things about him and be wrong again) was talking recently about how he was 16 and had sex, and me reading it was like a younger cousin sort of feeling. Like watching someone grow up, not directly involved with it or anything, but still weird that I talked to someone while they were growing up and maybe influenced them I guess?

I wouldn't get that on some other-ass forum. I know this because I've never chilled in other forums for four years and I've never bothered recognizing people for that long unless they made me angry.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:54:06 pm by penguinofhonor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2011, 02:46:57 pm »

While I did register when I was 14 (maturity!) I did not have sex with anybody that felt like a younger cousin.

...Damn that's my whole high school life.  I'm in college and everything now whaaaaaaaa

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2011, 03:42:52 pm »

That may have been me, since I registered when I was 13 and have been embarrassingly open about a lot of the weird shit that happened to me. Sorry about that.

No idea about the younger cousin thing though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2011, 03:50:00 pm »

I believe he means it has been like watching a younger cousin grow up. Which is odd because he is like the same age as Toony but less odd then the other thing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8