Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Bone War Hammer  (Read 19238 times)

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
Dwarf Bone War Hammer
« on: December 21, 2011, 05:04:42 pm »

My current fort, Workchamber, is coming apart at the seams as I type. A siege showed up as I was cleaning up a previous one. I got the haulers inside and the soldiers outside, but some trolls managed to get into the fortress before the bridge was up.

By the time my soldiers were clear of the goblins, the trolls had done their damage. There are now 20 dwarfs left, one of whom was taken by a fell mood and created a dwarf bone war hammer.

Fell moods are !Fun!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Dwarf Bone War Hammer
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 05:29:23 pm »

Give it to your Captain of the guard.

Give him a super villain name.

Profit.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 06:05:24 pm »

Hmm, do you think bone makes better blunt or edged weapons? I've heard bone is pretty sucky for weapons in general, but I wonder which type of weapon sucks least.

I've got a bone battleaxe in my stockpiles at the moment, now I'm considering giving to an axelord that arrived with the king, just to see how much ass he can kick with it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:08:00 pm by King DZA »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 06:13:23 pm »

Would be a good meeting place decoration.

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."
This is a blank sig.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:57 pm »

Artifacts get a 12x quality modifier. I don't know whether bone/wood is 12x weaker than copper, but I would assume marginally stronger.

Also, lucky. I've only ever gotten armorers being possessed and making Candy Chain Leggings named after themselves.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 06:48:42 pm »

Artifacts get a 12x quality modifier. I don't know whether bone/wood is 12x weaker than copper, but I would assume marginally stronger.

Also, lucky. I've only ever gotten armorers being possessed and making Candy Chain Leggings named after themselves.

I dunno about how quality affects items outside masterwork/artifact. Artifacts get a 4x hit chance modifier, which will be its only bonus. It'll just glance off steel more often.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 02:21:30 am »

I dunno about how quality affects items outside masterwork/artifact. Artifacts get a 4x hit chance modifier, which will be its only bonus. It'll just glance off steel more often.
who are you fighting that comes equipped with steel?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 06:48:18 am »

who are you fighting that comes equipped with steel?

Berserk Dorf Axelords.

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 07:04:48 am »

And steel FBs.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 10:22:56 am »

Blunt damage is tied strongly to density and somewhat to hardness.

Bone is neither dense nor hard and artifact quality will not alter this. It will make it 3x more likely to hit though.

This weapon will be disappointing for hurting the enemy, but wonderful for rapidly and ineffectively hurting friends. You see, you don't really want your captain of the guard to do a lot of damage when he or she punishes random haulers for taking crowns to the trade depot during an export ban. Manually assign it to your captain of the guard if you're having trouble with mandates.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 10:24:23 am »

WHAT?

I give all of my fortress guard addy weapons. More practice for my medical dwarves, for when, you know they're not completely decapitated.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 10:49:36 am »

oh yeah, it will either be one of your deadly practice weapons, or one of your guard weapons so your medics also try a little if a lucky shot happens

Would be a good meeting place decoration.

mind if I do some siggy siggy magic?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 11:50:37 am »

WHAT?

I give all of my fortress guard addy weapons. More practice for my medical dwarves, for when, you know they're not completely decapitated.

Current Captain of the Guard is a legendary Halberdier with an adamantine halberd. No one survives his wrath. The dick wont even stick dorfs in prison, he would rather turn them into a fine mist and paint the walls read and traumatise nearby haulers with his brutality. It's like watching someone hit a pile of ripe tomatoes with a washing machine tied to a chain.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 04:32:47 pm »

Is the washing machine on and running while it's tied to the chain?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »

Is the washing machine on and running while it's tied to the chain?

Full of razorblades.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4