Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whole Corpses or individual body parts?  (Read 1621 times)

ion25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whole Corpses or individual body parts?
« on: December 21, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »

So, I just got into this game, and I must say, it's AWESOME. I never really cared for Fortress Mode, as it got tediously boring after a while, so I've been playing Adventure for a while.
I have a brand new world that's in it's 11th year, so there are like absolutely no quests to do...
Since there are only two Human towns and one fortress I can get to, (I'm on an island) I've just been running around picking fights with Goblins and Kobolds, with the occasional wildlife.
  But just now, I started fighting with some Kobolds. My 3 recruits all started fighting, and I found a lone Maceman and ran up to him, slashed his arm off, but was disarmed in the proccess.
  I was in Pain, Drowsy, and Heavy Bleeding by this point. So, I grabbed the Kobold, and pushed him back a few tiles. I ran up to check if I could pick up a rock or something similar, and I saw his arm lying on the ground. I had never used a severed body part as a weapon before, so I thought, what the heck...
  I beat down the Kobold fairly quickly, and picked up his corpse with it. From that point on I've been using a sword/severed arm combo, beating them to death with the arm, and using the sword for clean killing. I've been swapping around with the arm and the corpse, and I think they are excellent weapons for battering and bruising.
  So, that experience got me thinking, which is better, corpses or individual body parts? And could I somehow use blood as a weapon?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Whole Corpses or individual body parts?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 07:26:56 pm »

I think you can throw blood...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ion25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 07:33:11 pm »

Holy crap...I love this game!

Elvisdogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:42:48 pm »

Welcome to DF. The game where you can weaponize ANYTHING.
It was for a film project. I regret nothing.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »

As well you should, though you did miss out on the good old days, when a handful of sand could puncture lungs.

Though you can still beat people to death with a sock if you try hard enough.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 01:52:48 am »

Welcome to DF. The game where you can weaponize ANYTHING.

A guy once threw a ball of adorable at a colossi and killed it. The ball was not even a proper creature.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 08:16:03 am »

You want to kill someone with blood? Get a waterskin, cut somebody, then fill the waterskin with their blood. The waterskin is now filled with 1800 units of blood weighing 1800 pounds but is still surprisingly easy to swing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 08:45:24 am »

Just to note, ANYTHING that can be PICKED UP is considered weaponized due to adventurer's having magical powers that can propel objects just as fast as an arrow or bolt shot. ((Actually, just a minor bug(?) that saves countless adventurers everyday.))

Blood, water, sand, gravel, tiny cockroaches, rats, demon rats, rope reed fiber tunics...You name it, throw it at anyone else and it would most probably hurt it, graze it and bounce off or get lodged in its brain and kill it. And I do mean everything, you can rip off a civilians socks and then throw it at them point blank, it CAN strike through the brain.

Though, corpses are useful ammunition. Remember, the bigger the object, the more useful it is in blunt damage, like what you did there but it WILL affect your speed by weight.

Just leaving this tiny tidbit here.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 08:53:38 am »

I've only just got into playing Adventurer mode myself, but I've amused myself by throwing badger corpses, giraffe heads, and fountains of blood at enemies. Surprisingly effective, and the blood appears to make a filling and satisfying meal to boot. In being asked to kill a certain human, I found myself with a massive pile of animal corpses in my backpack, which I then flung at his henchmen until they fell over. Then threw the henchman at the target, and failing that, their weapons. I'm now carrying all corpses back to town. If they don't give me stacks of gold for it, I'll decorate their buildings with various body parts.
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 12:17:11 pm »

Grab my steel longsword, cut the four horns off a night creature ogress, and used them to stab, smash and throw at everything that looked at me funny.
I also used them to ceremonially strike the last blow on all the Orges I found.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 04:57:58 am »

Ohgod... you gave me the idea.

I will start as an elf, strip naked except for a pair of leather chaps, kill 2 unicorns, and use their horns as weapons.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 05:24:14 am »

I will start as an elf, strip naked except for a pair of leather chaps, kill 2 unicorns, and use their horns as weapons.

WRONG. You will use the horns to chop down trees.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 03:43:25 pm »

Eat the unicorn's hearts.